Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1834144 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2025 on: June 04, 2015, 03:49:51 pm »

Toady you mentioned that the Books deal with migration paterns, do herdanimals/birds and such actually migrate ingame?
No, that's just a generated research topic.
The specific volume compared the airspeeds of various types of swallows when migrating with coconuts.
African or European?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 04, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »

Toady you mentioned that the Books deal with migration paterns, do herdanimals/birds and such actually migrate ingame?
The specific volume compared the airspeeds of various types of swallows when migrating with coconuts.
African or European?
I... I don't know. *aieeeee*

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 04, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »

African or European?
I... I don't know. *aieeeee*

Trick question. It's aquatic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 04, 2015, 07:56:23 pm »

With all these poets and philosophers in the world will there be fewer soldiers, hunters, beast tamers and other violent historic figures? Are worlds going to be a more peaceful and cultured places?

IRON_GAUNTLET

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 05, 2015, 07:09:03 am »

With more additions to the game, the more burden falls on the already very strained FPS of Dwarf Fortress. Will there be Improvements on the game-performance in the next realease(s), that could make mega-projects or larger fortresses in general more pleasant to play with?
bay12: the place where the simulated mass murder of children is acceptable and even encouraged, but a demographic survey is controversial.

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 05, 2015, 12:46:52 pm »

Will the scholars be able to study necromancer books? And even gain their power?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 05, 2015, 03:01:48 pm »

With more additions to the game, the more burden falls on the already very strained FPS of Dwarf Fortress. Will there be Improvements on the game-performance in the next realease(s), that could make mega-projects or larger fortresses in general more pleasant to play with?

Content releases such as the coming one rarely feature performance upgrades. The bugfix releases afterwards could, however.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 05, 2015, 09:27:26 pm »

Hypothetically speaking... if fortress wealth is high but population low, and our parent civilization happens to be dying/dead; would outsiders sense the opening and flock to the fortress, inadvertently compensating for the lack of migrants?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:58:34 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 06, 2015, 08:45:05 am »

With the scenarios/law/property update, might we possibly see the return of the economy?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 06, 2015, 09:20:04 am »

With the scenarios/law/property update, might we possibly see the return of the economy?
Not until the economy improves....

But maybe, the economy needs to be less broken before it can come back.  That'll probably be its own thing, though.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 06, 2015, 12:32:12 pm »

Will there be different burrow options for visitors/citizens/non-dwarves? What about alerts? How much control will we have over our visitors? Can I keep my visitors from running out into a goblin siege?

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 07, 2015, 03:23:06 am »

Will the dabbling-to-legendary scaling of professions ever change? Specially now that the master-apprentice mechanic is a thing in world gen.

Also it kinda bothers me that experienced weaponsmiths and milkers can both be considered legends when one makes masterworks and the other is just a really fast tit-squeezer.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 07, 2015, 04:06:16 pm »

Will the dabbling-to-legendary scaling of professions ever change? Specially now that the master-apprentice mechanic is a thing in world gen.

Also it kinda bothers me that experienced weaponsmiths and milkers can both be considered legends when one makes masterworks and the other is just a really fast tit-squeezer.
You've never seen a legendary milker in action. There's a real reason people tell legends about their tit-squeezing.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 08, 2015, 12:15:55 am »

Someone needs to sig that.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 08, 2015, 01:54:53 am »

You've never seen a legendary milker in action. There's a real reason people tell legends about their tit-squeezing.
This is gold  :D
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 306