Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1841272 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2014, 12:40:13 pm »

Maybe it was something they wanted to do and  would have done if you hadn't.
Or since they live in a violent world, the are desensitized to mass murder.

Yes. Like a feeling of resignation.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2014, 01:07:52 pm »

What determines whether a civ will use words from other languages to name their gods? It doesn't seem to be random chance - apparently, dwarves will do so more readily than other civs.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2014, 01:39:14 pm »

What is the deal with underground animal men turning into vampires? There a lot of them running around, killing people at towns, and it looks like they don't mind to hide their identities as a vampire. In legends I saw one that got cursed by a god by profaning a temple, this is intended?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2014, 02:20:29 pm »

crashy world params

The bug tracker is probably a more helpful place to post crashes than this thread.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2014, 02:59:54 pm »

crashy world params

The bug tracker is probably a more helpful place to post crashes than this thread.
The future of that particular fortress is... bleak.

But I agree with the bug tracker suggestion.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2014, 04:44:01 pm »

What is the deal with underground animal men turning into vampires? There a lot of them running around, killing people at towns, and it looks like they don't mind to hide their identities as a vampire. In legends I saw one that got cursed by a god by profaning a temple, this is intended?
It is intended that Animal Men become vampires or the frequencies of Animal Men Vampires intended?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2014, 05:18:08 pm »

It is intended that Animal Men become vampires or the frequencies of Animal Men Vampires intended?

The fact that they are profaning temples.

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2014, 05:22:41 pm »

What kind of and in what format do you find suggestions most helpful?
I.e. of the following elements which is more useful: A quick idea, a detailed summary, hypothetical tags and RAWs for an idea, detailed implementations, back and forth discussion over a contentious idea, research about historical background, free-form brainstorming, etc.

Just want to make my suggestion forum posts more likely to be useful or inspiring.
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2014, 05:28:10 pm »

Now that the population cap has been fixed, does this mean we will still get migrants when the units list gets exceptionally large? In at least 0.34.11, when the units list totalled over 1,000 units (dead or alive, not just citizens) the number of migrants started to drop significantly.

It seems like the game is getting in order more and more! Hopefully it should now be possible to run a succession game with most things fixed.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2014, 09:04:08 am »

Now that the population cap has been fixed, does this mean we will still get migrants when the units list gets exceptionally large? In at least 0.34.11, when the units list totalled over 1,000 units (dead or alive, not just citizens) the number of migrants started to drop significantly.

It seems like the game is getting in order more and more! Hopefully it should now be possible to run a succession game with most things fixed.

While the units list including dead or alive units is probably a bug, it makes sense to me that fortresses with 1000 alive units (!) should get fewer migrants until the FPS threat has passed, for performance reasons. Eventually, when the number of citizens is very large, emigration should happen.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2014, 12:03:14 pm »

The fact that they are profaning temples.
Profaning temples is the normal way to become a vampire. The only problem is, where do these animal people find temples to profane; aren't they all on the surface in cities? So I guess it is probably a bug; underground populations shouldn't profane temples.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »

Profaning temples is the normal way to become a vampire. The only problem is, where do these animal people find temples to profane; aren't they all on the surface in cities? So I guess it is probably a bug; underground populations shouldn't profane temples.
I'm pretty sure the animal people who profane temples come from among those outcasts that occasionally settle in those cities with temples.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:15 pm »

Enough of a jerk to get cast out of the home civilisation.
Also, enough of a jerk to profane a temple.

Seems legit.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2014, 01:44:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure the animal people who profane temples come from among those outcasts that occasionally settle in those cities with temples.

Whenever I see an animal person in a human civilization, I can with 90% certain say that it is definitely a vampire. I have yet to incorrectly call out a vampire from a flashing animal-person.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2014, 02:50:30 pm »

Can you make this release's new dialogue more moddable? In the game's data/speech folder, you can change a lot of the stuff people say in adventure mode, but the new dialogue ("It is inevitable", etc) hasn't been added yet.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 306