Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1842107 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2280 on: August 02, 2015, 08:29:06 pm »

I suspect it'll happen when dorfs start doing crimes.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 02, 2015, 08:36:24 pm »

Is there any intention of bringing some equivalent to the pre-DF2014 quest menu back?

I liked having a list of things people asked me to do and where they were, without having to search submenus for relevant site-names.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 02, 2015, 09:41:07 pm »

It is sad but not unexpected , hopefully he will consider this in his future development arcs, so much fun and FUN! potential in having some of your fortress citizens actually working against you.

"Well, this necromancer siege shows where Urist's loyalties were the whole time. First day he arrived I said, 'He's a rotten stinking corpse!' But nobody ever listens to me."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 03, 2015, 02:41:54 am »

"Is there any intention of bringing some equivalent to the pre-DF2014 quest menu back?

I liked having a list of things people asked me to do and where they were, without having to search submenus for relevant site-names."

--> Greened it for you.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:42:54 am by Inarius »

Pootis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 03, 2015, 11:53:49 am »

Will artists or otherwise copy other's performances without the original performer explicitly teaching them? Can performances or stories be circulated independent from the original performer?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: August 03, 2015, 12:48:56 pm »

Inarius, lime green, not the plain green.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: August 03, 2015, 01:35:12 pm »

Both colors are used often enough that it doesn't really matter.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 03, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »

Thanks, I realize the green's needed, but for some reason the formatting tags don't appear on this computer.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 03, 2015, 07:41:21 pm »

Will artists or otherwise copy other's performances without the original performer explicitly teaching them? Can performances or stories be circulated independent from the original performer?
What do you mean? Like watching the performance then just doing it, without any teaching?

Cause there been stories in the Dev Log of troupes carrying on traditions and performance after the originator of the troupe, and their songs/dance left the group. So you can be taught different styles and dances/songs other then its originators.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: August 03, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »

Thanks, I realize the green's needed, but for some reason the formatting tags don't appear on this computer.
It's just this:
Code: [Select]
[color=limegreen]...[/color]Edit: also copyable in the first post, for future reference.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 03, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »

Toady responds to both shades of green, but lime green is much easier to read for Bay Watchers using the dark color scheme.
Just got back, updating:

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 04, 2015, 03:35:22 pm »

Siege Questions.  I haven't seen goblins use mounts or war animals in 0.40, are they going to come back in the next version?  I modded in some human-like civs with [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] and tried to go to war with them, but I never got a non-goblin siege, and those games started to crash a lot.  Will the siege fix described earlier work for non-goblin invaders as well?
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 05, 2015, 02:02:14 am »

Since temple desecration was just implemented on the dev log:
Do you have any new kinds of divine retribution in mind? Inflicting a random FB syndrome seems like low-hanging fruit, although maybe it doesn't work as well for world gen desecration events.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 05, 2015, 02:57:01 am »

I expect some sort of divine plague retribution is a goal which is another step closer with the temple desecration in play.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 05, 2015, 04:47:02 am »

I have corrected the greenlime, thanks.

About vampires, will the creature (after they are transformed) stay in the fortress, even if being caught (and are seen as ennemy) ? In legends mode, usually, they flee from their location just after being discovered to save their life, which is quite coherent with their goal (immortal life).
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 306