Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1838648 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2340 on: August 16, 2015, 04:09:59 pm »

If you ever hae the game to the point where dwarves can be impaled in fortress mode, will the dwarves both be depressed yet have good thoughts from being impaled on their favorite wood?
Urist felt annoyance after recieving a major wound recently. Urist felt pleasure after admiring a fine mahogany spear recently.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: August 17, 2015, 12:57:06 am »

Will History ever have events that are less solo-fights and wars and more like... A group of people teaming up on a monster? or is the solo meant to reflect that he is the "leader"?

The current system doesn't simulate actual battles. It's more like 5000 Elves and 5000 dwarves line up and then, literally, take turns combating single opponenets until the battle ends.

But hopefully at some point we can have the battles be more.. err, battle-esq.

That's why you have experienced, heavily armed and armored demigod necromancers being taken out by puppies in world gen.

It is also why I asked my question as to "When it will change"

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: August 17, 2015, 04:00:34 am »

I'm guessing that kobolds won't be able to take part in poetry and written traditions. But, will they be able to play music and therefore participate in other cultures that way? Could a kobold develop a new musical style or dance style, to which a poetic form might become attached? As I understand it, there's some cross pollination between poetic forms, music and dance.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: August 17, 2015, 08:35:45 am »

I'm guessing that kobolds won't be able to take part in poetry and written traditions.
ee cummings had the [UTTERANCES] tag ;)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Kitsune

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: August 17, 2015, 09:44:25 pm »

Will there be cursed NPCs that seek a cure, seek to hurt as few people as possible and even some that seek to spread the curse more than they want to kill?

Edit: To clarify I'm only talking about NPCs cursed with the werebeast/vampire curse.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:47:00 pm by Kitsune »
Hello I'm insane!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: August 18, 2015, 01:21:41 am »

will people be able to get married outside of their respective species in the new version?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:42:30 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Urist_McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: August 18, 2015, 07:15:47 am »

Will you be able to lie about achievements, like persuading a demon you that it was you(ergo, not you) who wiped out the entire Murderfurnace civilization single-handedly?

You have odd objectives, even for DF.
Hey, man no judging. I just want to be a legendary bard.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:55:17 pm by Urist_McDagger »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: August 18, 2015, 07:54:18 am »

will people be able to get married outside of their respective species in the new version?

Quote from: Dr. Peter Venkman
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: August 18, 2015, 10:21:40 am »

Will you be able to lie about achievements, like persuading a demon you that it was you(ergo, not you) who wiped out the entire Murderfurnace civilization single-handedly?

You have odd objectives, even for DF.
One wheel short of a wagon

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: August 19, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

Will there be an easy way to view the values of a civilization aside from reading the profiles of fortress residents?
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: August 20, 2015, 07:19:10 am »

Can we mod random beast/interactions generator? I would like to change undead stats and give bigger cooldown for webbers, it is possible to mod GCS like this, but not random beasts. Is it possible to add this generators in raws?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 20, 2015, 04:54:29 pm »

SMASH, please re read first post on the rules of this thread. Suggestions go in the suggestions threads.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 20, 2015, 09:06:47 pm »

Thaks Toady. With each update my awe increases. Too bad about not making a wider system of master-student for the workshops rigth now but Im sure you have your reasons.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 20, 2015, 10:38:47 pm »

In the example master-apprentice situation you described, would the apprentice Dwarves actual medical skills increase as they study, or just the abstract 'knowledge of medicine'. I mean, how much of a real-game impact does this have at the moment?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 20, 2015, 10:42:02 pm »

Will it be possible for expert soldiers to take apprentices instead of following normal barracks training routines (eventually)? Fighting styles as a later goal are listed on the dev page, and I was wondering if veteran soldiers could eventually take some less seasoned troops and teach them a new method they came up with, or just give them general training in a more direct way than the usual.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 306