Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1842317 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2460 on: September 13, 2015, 02:10:23 am »

Mainly asking this due to previous discussion.
Which of the upcoming arks are you considering for making various temperature related tweaks/adjustments/reworks, if any? Mainly concerning how temperature affects bodies of creatures in moderate conditions, but I'm curious if you have anything else planned in temperature nonetheless.
In it's current state, temperature is kind of wonky, though understandably it gets the job done for extremes, so it would make sense if nothing is planned at the current juncture.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 13, 2015, 06:16:16 am »

I remember a year or two ago when I researched the various effects of metals on the human system. (Lead leading to mental deficiencies, for example.) What became of that information?

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 13, 2015, 11:26:46 am »

Will the temples make it possible to remove curses? And I'm not necessarily talking about werecurses, but biome-curses and evil weather as well.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 14, 2015, 02:10:38 pm »

Will the temples make it possible to remove curses? And I'm not necessarily talking about werecurses, but biome-curses and evil weather as well.
Not in the next version. I'd expect that things like that come in when Toady decides to tackle the Slayer of Night Creatures adventurer role, though it's possible that the myth generator work sees a few steps into that territory as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 14, 2015, 07:43:44 pm »

When an unskilled fool joins a performance and totally blows it, will this be reflected by the audience and other performers' reactions? So, can they in a sense crash the party, ruin the mood? Does their poor performance only affect themselves, eg. "Urist is known to be a terrible dancer" or does the outcome of that one fool's sloppy performance affect how audiences view the rest of the performers and the performance overall?

Similarly, if one performer in a dance/song/what-have-you that requires at least two participants performs well, and the other poorly, does the performance of one affect the performance of the other? (eg, if one does horribly, do their mistakes prevent the other from performing to the best of their abilities as well, such that they interfere with one-another not just on a reputation level but by actually mucking up the skill rolls of the others involved.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 14, 2015, 08:16:06 pm »

Do you plan on adding any features of DFhack to the main game? Things like additional interfaces or adding spatters with reactions?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 14, 2015, 08:16:19 pm »

Eric, are you talking about DF or "Dancing with the Stars"? :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 14, 2015, 09:13:27 pm »

Don't know what the second one has to do with it (and by Armok I am so happy I know nothing about it, please leave my ignorance blissful) but I am eager to see how this works out in game. Plus things like, could a less-popular or even jealous artists boo you try to try to turn the crowd?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2468 on: September 14, 2015, 09:34:28 pm »

Don't know what the second one has to do with it (and by Armok I am so happy I know nothing about it, please leave my ignorance blissful) but I am eager to see how this works out in game. Plus things like, could a less-popular or even jealous artists boo you try to try to turn the crowd?
I can suddenly imagine a society of sentients that, instead of brawling, solve their problems with Dance-offs.

Kitsune

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:24 pm »

I can suddenly imagine a society of sentients that, instead of brawling, solve their problems with Dance-offs.
Would there king be the best and dancing? Or is there a corrupt king that doesn't know a thing about dancing that later gets defeated by the heroes of dancing, where at first the king laughs at them trying to dance as a way to defeat him but BY THE SEAR POWER OF DANCING it disintegrates the king and the dark clouds looming over the castle haling in the new era of peace and free dancing (the corrupt king outlawed dancing before hand when he was king).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:25:31 am by Kitsune »
Hello I'm insane!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 15, 2015, 01:39:46 am »

Do you plan on adding any features of DFhack to the main game? Things like additional interfaces or adding spatters with reactions?
This was up on the Eternal Suggestion voting thing. It wasn't in the selection to be included in the game, if I recall.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Appelgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 15, 2015, 04:54:50 am »

How does reactions to performances work?

Is the emotion system involved, more than in a basic "good performance = happy feelings" way. For instance, could a ribald poem (intended to praise a lover) make a dwarf randy or embarrassed?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:23:36 pm by Appelgren »

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: September 15, 2015, 08:33:47 am »

I know how this is going to go down. I'm going to dl the new version, make a character and go into a tavern to dance. As I'm dancing, there will be a period where the framerate will pause, and then body parts will start flying around the room. There will be logical, fictional reason for this, but I will never know what it is. Then I'll go outside and start killing the townsfolk until I'm dead.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: September 15, 2015, 12:21:28 pm »

"Behold, mortals. I am Lord of The Dance. Avert thine eyes, for they cannot comprehend the full magnitude of The Moves."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 15, 2015, 12:24:32 pm »

"Behold, mortals. I am Lord of The Dance. Avert thine eyes, for they cannot comprehend the full magnitude of The Moves."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 306