Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1841159 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2505 on: September 18, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »

Unless we had a community made one. Imagine if everyone from bay12 pooled their talents to make something, all the creative types, coders, RTD GMs, artists, Mafiosos, ISG runners, musicians, writers, poets, cartoonists, political commentators, mathematicians, philosophers, physicists, historians, actors, everyone trying to come together and make something !!fun!!

It is terrifying.
One wheel short of a wagon

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: September 18, 2015, 06:49:22 pm »

Including the derpdragons?

It was inevitable.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Kitsune

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: September 20, 2015, 12:22:09 am »

When are there going to be elaborate houses/stores in towns? (aka more elaborate multi-leveled and not wooden boxes) Are generated inns going to be multi_leveled?

Are there going to be cults that say worship a god that is depicted as dragon that blesses devout cultists to become a dragon Will a god depicted as a dragon be able to bless a adventurer/history-figure (that do many things in the name of that god) to become a dragon/humanoid dragon and curse defilers to become kobolds?
This is probable way to specific but could work about the same with gods depicted as animals.
Hello I'm insane!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 20, 2015, 12:40:46 am »

When are there going to be elaborate houses/stores in towns? (aka more elaborate multi-leveled and not wooden boxes) Are generated inns going to be multi_leveled?
Question like these can be answered, "When/if human city generation gets redone. And there isn't a time line for that."

Are there going to be cults that say worship a god that is depicted as dragon that blesses devout cultists to become a dragon Will a god depicted as a dragon be able to bless a adventurer/history-figure (that do many things in the name of that god) to become a dragon/humanoid dragon and curse defilers to become kobolds?
This is probable way to specific but could work about the same with gods depicted as animals.
Are there going to be gods that can transform entities in the world to look like themselves? There lots of stories where dick gods change how folks look. Right now they can curse them into vampires and werewolves and other things. Presumably, their entire body will, at some point, be open for grabs to be changed.

ToadyOne added this 'soul' thing to entities, which are independent to bodies. I imagine that offers a lot of potential flexibility to change bodies while keeping the person the same.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Kitsune

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 20, 2015, 12:44:12 am »

ToadyOne added this 'soul' thing to entities, which are independent to bodies. I imagine that offers a lot of potential flexibility to change bodies while keeping the person the same.

I love the sound of that! Thanks for the response!
Hello I'm insane!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 20, 2015, 01:17:48 am »

Are there going to be gods that can transform entities in the world to look like themselves? There lots of stories where dick gods change how folks look. Right now they can curse them into vampires and werewolves and other things. Presumably, their entire body will, at some point, be open for grabs to be changed.

1. Werewolves are already full body transformations, just ones that happen to happen every full moon.

2. Entities are civilizations. You're talking about units. Souls were added in 0.31.01 at the latest, just in case anyone's wondering if this is upcoming. And yeah, units keep their souls when they undergo body transformations, which are already in the game.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 20, 2015, 01:38:35 am »

Honestly, a community-made Slaves to Armok Chapter 3 would be pretty awesome. What genre would it even be? Another RTS?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 21, 2015, 04:09:07 pm »

Honestly, a community-made Slaves to Armok Chapter 3 would be pretty awesome. What genre would it even be? Another RTS?
Nah, it would be some kind of 4X game.  You'll be able to tell the Yogscast fans because they will always always always send dwarves to the moon.  Even if they have to capture some dwarven prisoners because they're playing another race.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 21, 2015, 11:58:49 pm »

Sort of like No Man's Sky, but with incredibly basic graphics, absurdly complex physical simulation of everything involved, and elements of 4X RTS. Also, magma. And a hostile alien race of elephant-like monsters.

Speaking of elephants, if I, or anyone I can influence, ever adds firearms to the game, there needs to be an Elephant Gun, preferably break-action and chambered in 30x173mm.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 22, 2015, 04:46:50 am »

Once we get the ability to make differently-sized clothing for our non-dwarf citizens, will traders pay more for clothing in their size?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 22, 2015, 08:52:29 am »

Once we get the ability to make differently-sized clothing for our non-dwarf citizens, will traders pay more for clothing in their size?

I'm going to say no on that. Assigning values by culture is an enormous can of worms that will certainly require a major, economy based update. I can't imagine a compelling reason for a band-aid for that one issue.

EDIT: Another aspect to this question is that if our forts are multicultural, then it makes sense that other civs will also be multicultural and there may be a need for dwarf sized clothing in a human civ (for example).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:57:38 am by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 22, 2015, 11:15:24 pm »

I admit I've neglected reading the dev news for some time. So I really got excited when reading that Toady was "working through performance stuff". Then I found out it was about dancing. I prolly have to give a hammer-time to every dancer I find ingame then.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:14 am »

EDIT: Another aspect to this question is that if our forts are multicultural, then it makes sense that other civs will also be multicultural and there may be a need for dwarf sized clothing in a human civ (for example).
Other sites already are multicultural.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 23, 2015, 11:30:33 am »

Other sites already are multicultural.
Multiracial =/= Multicultural

Things are still a bit fuzzy on how new citizens come around to the fort's ethics.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 23, 2015, 01:19:03 pm »

Still, clothing size isn't something you can learn.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 306