Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1840023 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3075 on: December 19, 2015, 04:02:38 pm »

According to the Mantis change log, it's now been fixed.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: December 19, 2015, 04:56:06 pm »

According to the Mantis change log, it's now been fixed.
All hail the Toad!
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Liamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: December 20, 2015, 05:44:14 pm »

Will it ever be possible to build your own Necromancer tower in adventure mode, founding a new site with all the normal interactions?

It would be amazing to be able to play a long game as a successful, god-like, adamantium-clad Necromancer, and then try to defeat him as another adventurer or try to survive the onslaught of his undead armies and raised legendary companions in fortress mode.

Being able to affect fortress mode with adventure mode actions and vice-versa would bring out the soul of this magnificent game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: December 20, 2015, 08:25:39 pm »

you could always just retire in a tower

i think that's possible

Liamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: December 22, 2015, 05:22:34 pm »

But will that actually have that functionality? Will my Necromancer "control" that tower and invade my fort with his undead armies, or will he come alone if at all?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: December 22, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »

But will that actually have that functionality? Will my Necromancer "control" that tower and invade my fort with his undead armies, or will he come alone if at all?

You can't take over the tower, no. It seems in early DF2014 you could conquer bandit camps, and I assume you could do the same to towers back then. But now only hamlets or towns can be taken over.

You can ask to join their group I think, so THAT might work.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: December 23, 2015, 08:36:47 am »

what compiler will you be using for the eventual 64bit DF?

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: December 23, 2015, 05:47:44 pm »

The biggest siege I've ever gotten in 42.03 was 120. However, all the sieges after it were smaller, even though my fortress continued to get wealthier. Is this a bug?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: December 23, 2015, 06:35:56 pm »

The biggest siege I've ever gotten in 42.03 was 120. However, all the sieges after it were smaller, even though my fortress continued to get wealthier. Is this a bug?

The Goblins could be running out of population.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 23, 2015, 07:18:04 pm »

The Goblins could be running out of population.
How do I check for this possibility? Legends mode?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 24, 2015, 01:36:35 am »

When might the master/apprentice system enter fort mode and a skill system overhaul so that some dwarfs can only get so far in a skill and the speed a which they progress a bit like how attributes are limited?

Would this also mean dwarfs would need to learn how to craft certain items either from their master or reading it from a book/scroll, thinking that scholars would be able to study weapons and other objects and come up with a detailed design of it then that could be given to another dwarf to try and then think of a way to craft it.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: December 24, 2015, 09:06:48 pm »

How was the lutefisk?

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: December 25, 2015, 03:33:37 am »

How was the lutefisk?
From Toady's blog:
I have only now regained the ability to speak. It was more like fish cartilage than fish jello this time. We all survived.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 25, 2015, 11:52:08 am »

Dang it Toady I want the newer version now xD

Playing a Elephant Man sounds awesome.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 25, 2015, 02:46:38 pm »

Oh good god giant elephants are going to be fun. I predict the Elves use them as war-mounts.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 306