Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1849542 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #435 on: September 07, 2014, 09:31:18 am »

Allowed recover wounded jobs to bring dwarves to hospital floor if no beds are available
Stopped recover wounded jobs from bringing dwarves to non-hospital beds
Made doctors remove dwarves from traction properly (checks weekly)

That's great news !

I usually provide enough beds for the whole military.

He also fixed the rest+knockout bug which fixes most of the issues with dwarves not getting recovered. So, yeah, that's a sizeable chunk of the healthcare bugs fixed.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 07, 2014, 01:43:34 pm »

• Stopped civs from sending a squad when they failed to find thieves/snatchers to send

That must be why the kobolds have been sending so many ambushes lately.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 07, 2014, 04:53:15 pm »

• Stopped civs from sending a squad when they failed to find thieves/snatchers to send
Good. Siege in first year is a little too hardcore even for DF. Good to know that was not intentional.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:00 am »

I have been messing around with the new options for temperature map settings, and I'm getting a common map rejection called "Placed farming entity without orchard crops". What might have caused that to happen and why is it something that a map should not have?

It seems to happen when I have too much hot weather on the map, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:34:19 pm by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 09, 2014, 05:48:57 pm »

Are the dipscripts even doing much of anything right now?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 09, 2014, 06:11:42 pm »

Are the dipscripts even doing much of anything right now?
They're used to control diplomat meetings (the actual displayed text is located in data/dipscripts/text) - the wiki has more information. For example, elves_firstcontact displays different messages depending on the number of trees removed:
Code: [Select]
[INITIAL_LOAD]
[DIPSCRIPT:ELVES_FIRSTCONTACT]
[IF:GLOBAL:TREESREMOVED:>:GLOBAL:0]
[TEXTVIEWER:elves_firstcontact1]
[ELSE]
[TEXTVIEWER:elves_firstcontact2]
[ENDIF]
[HISTORY_DIPEV:FIRSTCONTACT]
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 09, 2014, 11:00:20 pm »

What are these two errors? Never seen these before.
Civ Zone Kitchen 5959: Null Unit Assignment (Id 28978)
Civ Zone Captive Room 5960: Null Unit Assignment (Id 28978)

I believe they occured while I was raiding a dark pits in an attempt to do the 'cause trouble' quest/agreement. Which seems kind of broken because even though I raided the dark pits my captian mentioned and assassinated the goblin noble there (was actually going to try to question her or make a demand, but whoops, oh well), it's still not completed.

I did report it back at base though and while one of the militia commanders replied with 'it's for the best', my captian said 'it was inevitable' and then said 'Stozu Silverynightmares is dead.  It is done.'. Those two statements are a bit contradictory in their tone or something, lol.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #442 on: September 09, 2014, 11:15:01 pm »

Were you planning on adding curious underground structures back into the game, or have they been replaced by vaults?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 10, 2014, 01:15:14 pm »

Do worldgen population limits (MAX_POP_NUMBER, etc.) affect expansion post-worldgen, or can a civ theoretically expand to populate the entire world? If the hard cap is still in effect, what happens to player created units (starting 7 and adventurers) over the entity population cap?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 10, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »

Were you planning on adding curious underground structures back into the game, or have they been replaced by vaults?

Might be obsolete by now, but:
Quote from: MaskedMiner/samanato
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2014, 07:07:17 am »

Do worldgen population limits (MAX_POP_NUMBER, etc.) affect expansion post-worldgen, or can a civ theoretically expand to populate the entire world? If the hard cap is still in effect, what happens to player created units (starting 7 and adventurers) over the entity population cap?

This would be very easy to test with minimal effort. Set those numbers super high and see what happens.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2014, 11:03:57 am »

Back when Toady added births, he said that the world gen limits still apply to new births:
I suppose today is as good a day as any to add birth to the world. It schedules various conceptions throughout the world, and those add births to the schedule -- it still has to respect the same artificial population caps used in world generation to avoid overpopulation.
If the player manages to overflow the limits, I would assume that this simply prevents new (off-site) births from being scheduled until such a time that the still-occurring deaths reduce the numbers below the limits.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:52 am »

• Stopped fort dwarves from throwing their clothes off into a pile during unretire after being visited by adventurer
  • Stopped fort animals from getting clothing during unretire after being visited by adventurer

Is a visit from an adventurer so disruptive that it makes people strip off their clothes and throw them at animals?

What are you people doing in these forts?  ???
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2014, 09:39:47 am »

Stripping folks. Why is that too uncouth?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2014, 05:03:38 pm »

So according to the bug tracker, grazers have been fixed in some fashion. I hope the dev log'll say how they were fixed. New formula for grazers?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 306