Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1834278 times)

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1965 on: May 26, 2015, 09:14:14 pm »

I had a thought with respect to text engraving. Could it be a feature one day that noble mandates could be directed by the nobles or the manager to be engraved on slabs and placed in communal areas as was often done with ancient laws? These could then be removed as they deprecate and placed in the garbage, or preserved in the library, or taken into annals by scholars, found by adventurers visiting ruins, as well as vandalized by dwarves who don't like the 'laws' and thus could be punished for it?

A suggestion, thinly disguised as a question. But a very good suggestion nonetheless.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Ariachus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 27, 2015, 12:36:22 am »

My sincere apologies I understood this thread to be more of a suggestion thread then a question thread. I really appreciate what Toady and Threetoes do. I'm really sorry.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 27, 2015, 12:47:15 am »

Should probably read the first post, heh.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 27, 2015, 03:31:38 am »

Adventurer cosmetic rerolls are great. Any implementation of rerolling options is great in my book. Probably a long time until I get the ones I want in world gen though.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 27, 2015, 04:23:57 am »

I had a thought with respect to text engraving. Could it be a feature one day that noble mandates could be directed by the nobles or the manager to be engraved on slabs and placed in communal areas as was often done with ancient laws? These could then be removed as they deprecate and placed in the garbage, or preserved in the library, or taken into annals by scholars, found by adventurers visiting ruins, as well as vandalized by dwarves who don't like the 'laws' and thus could be punished for it?

AGH MY EYES
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 27, 2015, 04:08:45 pm »

Adventurer cosmetic rerolls are great. Any implementation of rerolling options is great in my book. Probably a long time until I get the ones I want in world gen though.
I'm super psyched over the fun and silly bugs that will no doubt emerge from "more lively inns and taverns", but yes, the ability to see the appearance and personality and such beforehand... heck to have a personality at all, that's pretty cool news.

That and the possibility of assuming the role of a historical figure have me all giddy.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 27, 2015, 04:16:33 pm »

now that we have libraries and all that stuff, wouldnt be the time to implement a way to craft foreign weapons? maybe trade tomes with other civilizations or have dorfs discover how to do it through experimentation. i dunno, it would be a good addition to the system..

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 27, 2015, 09:39:40 pm »

now that we have libraries and all that stuff, wouldnt be the time to implement a way to craft foreign weapons? maybe trade tomes with other civilizations or have dorfs discover how to do it through experimentation. i dunno, it would be a good addition to the system..
Toady said knowledge won't effect actual fortress workshops in the initial release, but yeah that seems to be one of the eventual goals for this arc.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 28, 2015, 12:21:34 am »

heck to have a personality at all, that's pretty cool news.

Something like this should cover most of us.

Choose your personality:
Default Adeventurer (psychopathy)
Other

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 28, 2015, 12:46:01 am »

Those are both pretty awesome new features. I wonder if age is also displayed, so we don't roll a character that's only a hairs' breath from a heart attack.

It also seems interesting to play the neediest possible adventurer, as a challenge.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 28, 2015, 02:20:11 am »

heck to have a personality at all, that's pretty cool news.

Something like this should cover most of us.

Choose your personality:
Default Adeventurer (psychopathy)
Other

I certainly use such worthless stats as Empathy and its like for free points.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 28, 2015, 02:31:08 am »

OH GOD I JUST REMEMBERED MUSICALITY ISN'T A DUMP STAT ANYMORE!

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 28, 2015, 04:01:58 am »

Haha! The end is nigh!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 28, 2015, 04:55:34 pm »

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 28, 2015, 10:46:16 pm »

Will there ever be a way in adventure mode to cheat death? Not like vampires or undead, I'm talking something more like the bottled fairies from zelda or transfering your spirit to other people or things like in yugioh, you know what I'm saying?
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 306