Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1834164 times)

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2145 on: June 27, 2015, 09:38:51 am »

Will there be plantable trees in future versions?
Will the dwarven economy be fixed and republished in future versions?
Will the path finding problem of player civilization's flyer and aquatic creatures (if a aquatic creature enters a tile with over 3/7 water it will wrongly recognize that tile as dangerous terrain and start spamming "creature cancels task: dangerous terrain" and so do flyer creatures) be fixed in future versions?
Will the issue of egg laying creatures eating their own eggs be fixed in future versions?
Will hard coded buildings like smelter be soft codded?
Will hard coded raws like water be soft codded?
Will there be more multi-tile creatures like wagon?
Will amber and coral be added in the game?
Will there be more magic than necromancy be added in the game?
Will there be more threetoe's stories?
Will the "plane" features in this story be added in the game?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:41:46 am by jason0320 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 27, 2015, 10:35:46 am »

Will there be plantable trees in future versions?
Will the dwarven economy be fixed and republished in future versions?
Will the path finding problem of player civilization's flyer and aquatic creatures (if a aquatic creature enters a tile with over 3/7 water it will wrongly recognize that tile as dangerous terrain and start spamming "creature cancels task: dangerous terrain" and so do flyer creatures) be fixed in future versions?
Will the issue of egg laying creatures eating their own eggs be fixed in future versions?
Will hard coded buildings like smelter be soft codded?
Will hard coded raws like water be soft codded?
Will there be more multi-tile creatures like wagon?
Will there be more magic than necromancy be added in the game?
Will there be more threetoe's stories?
Will the "plane" features in this story be added in the game?

Yes, no, maybe, no timeline; apply to the questions as needed. :P

More seriously, most of these questions have been answered before, and for most, the answer is "yes, but there's no timeline for it yet. At some point, there will be plantable trees, a new economy, more hard-coded stuff moved into the raws (though actual fluids like water have more problems), multi-tile creatures have gotten experimented with, magic has been mentioned for the Artifacts section, the story was partially to highlight how planes could work in the game, etc
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:40:33 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 27, 2015, 11:00:04 am »

They are in the game, strictly speaking, but they're not used for anything besides forgotten beasts and other randomly-generated creatures at the moment.
Edit: It might be possible to find crafts made from these materials as well.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 27, 2015, 11:09:07 am »

I thought amber was a gem.

Unfortunatley, we can't genetically synthesize giant megabeasts from a time before time out of vermin entobed in amber, yet :P, that'll have to be a later release.

Are coral FBs are a hint that sea FBs (AKA Krakens hype hype hype) will someday be added in the game?
One wheel short of a wagon

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: June 27, 2015, 11:22:01 am »

I thought amber was a gem.

Unfortunatley, we can't genetically synthesize giant megabeasts from a time before time out of vermin entobed in amber, yet :P, that'll have to be a later release.

Are coral FBs are a hint that sea FBs (AKA Krakens hype hype hype) will someday be added in the game?

I think that's more a hint that coral will be added.  Forgotten beasts just take any material, Coral is a material, so it takes it.

I've had forgotten beasts made out of vomit and blue diamond.  Coral FBs probably hint at coral reefs or more entertaining seascapes.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: June 27, 2015, 11:23:34 am »

Ok, both would be great. I know we already have "sea monsters", but they're of less cultural importance than grey langurs, and less military importance than giant keas, to most people.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 27, 2015, 11:32:54 am »

I wonder how dwarves would get at coral anyway,  noting their super drowning skills.

Just hundreds of dwarves diving into the nearby ocean to collect some brain coral only to drown 3 seconds after they touch water...
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 27, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

Trade with merpeople. Unfortunately, that stopped long ago, and all we have left are trinkets, for reasons we are all well aware of :P

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 27, 2015, 12:36:30 pm »

I wonder how dwarves would get at coral anyway,  noting their super drowning skills.

Just hundreds of dwarves diving into the nearby ocean to collect some brain coral only to drown 3 seconds after they touch water...
Dorf Engineering. Just empty a section of the ocean.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: June 27, 2015, 12:51:27 pm »

Dorf Engineering. Just empty a section of the ocean.

A fine summary of said reasons  :P

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 27, 2015, 02:50:15 pm »

"Y'all know who needs an ocean? Hell. So we're gonna take your ocean away and give it to them!"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: June 27, 2015, 03:25:19 pm »

Humans from around oceans sometimes bring coral crafts or at least did in older versions.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 27, 2015, 09:24:32 pm »

More seriously, most of these questions have been answered before, and for most, the answer is "yes, but there's no timeline for it yet. At some point, there will be plantable trees, a new economy, more hard-coded stuff moved into the raws (though actual fluids like water have more problems), multi-tile creatures have gotten experimented with, magic has been mentioned for the Artifacts section, the story was partially to highlight how planes could work in the game, etc
Ok thanks.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 27, 2015, 11:12:51 pm »

Humans from around oceans sometimes bring coral crafts or at least did in older versions.

And sometime the coral comes to you by itself too

blazing glory

« Reply #2159 on: June 28, 2015, 03:04:58 am »

Later, will it be possible to get Dwarves to hunt properly (as in, bringing the kill back to the fortress.) with melee weapons such as spears?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 306