Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1841659 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2850 on: November 26, 2015, 01:59:59 am »

Flat-Earth Atheism is certainly an annoying trope.
Round-Earth Theism is pretty annoying too.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: November 26, 2015, 02:20:27 am »

Flat-Earth Atheism is certainly an annoying trope.
Round-Earth Theism is pretty annoying too.
I think he means this.

Also, is there any other devblog that keeps you so much on the edge of your seat?
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: November 26, 2015, 03:22:08 am »

Indeed I do. If anybody was getting worried I'm religious, look no further than this; I'm heathen as fuck.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: November 26, 2015, 03:34:22 am »

You'd think that, since the majority of earth's population is religious, one more would not cause such a reaction.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: November 26, 2015, 06:11:03 am »

Indeed.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: November 26, 2015, 08:09:25 am »

On the off-chance there's a reply before the release:
From how far away will visitors come? Will it be a case of no human neighbours=no human visitors or will travellers journey to the far ends of the planet in search of legendary Dwarfish mead and dingo roasts?

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: November 26, 2015, 08:21:16 am »

This is also somewhat up in the air given his statements of support for a slider-based system of magic levels in worlds. From none to zany. I imagine that there might actually be good cause for "magic isn't real" sentiments in worlds where it's either not at all present or just slightly present.
Zany, you say?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, FIRST STOP: EBERRON!
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: November 26, 2015, 09:17:53 am »

- Don't you mean Erebor?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:20:01 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: November 26, 2015, 12:21:45 pm »

- Don't you mean Erebor?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm pretty sure that using "Eberron" as shorthand for "fantasy setting with insanely high amounts of magitech" is not going to get me sued any more than using "kleenex" in place of "facial tissue" would.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: November 26, 2015, 12:39:31 pm »

Wow that joked passed way up over your head didn't it?  ::)

Anyway... I think early Christmas release would be something like second week of December.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:41:38 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: November 26, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »

Wow that joked passed way up over your head didn't it?  ::)
If anything, Erebor would be more likely to get me sued than Eberron would, since the latter has a much broader fair use policy. If the irony of that was the joke, no, it wasn't lost on me, I just saw no humor in it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:13:50 pm by cochramd »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: November 26, 2015, 01:13:23 pm »

Wow... never mind.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: November 27, 2015, 11:31:44 am »

What is the criteria for creatures coming to visit?  Would gorlaks, troglodytes and trolls, or wandering overworld animal-folk be able to walk into your taverns and start partying or will they still operate as wild animals?  Will wandering gorlaks/trogs/trolls/animal-folk be equipped with weapons or armor or skills from interacting with other civs?  I haven't seen kobolds mentioned in the visitor examples, are they capable of visiting? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: November 27, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »

What is the criteria for creatures coming to visit?  Would gorlaks, troglodytes and trolls, or wandering overworld animal-folk be able to walk into your taverns and start partying or will they still operate as wild animals?  Will wandering gorlaks/trogs/trolls/animal-folk be equipped with weapons or armor or skills from interacting with other civs?  I haven't seen kobolds mentioned in the visitor examples, are they capable of visiting?
They are definitely capable of visiting your tavern. Whether they are capable of paying for the things they take is a completely separate question.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: November 28, 2015, 07:41:45 am »

Are there any plans fiddling with SVN? It could, conceivably, simplify a lot of things.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 306