Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1834205 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3105 on: December 27, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

Poor lonely sadscorp. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: December 27, 2015, 05:54:13 pm »

Wait, Toady took out the GDS? Noooooooo!
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: December 27, 2015, 06:03:44 pm »

Wait, Toady took out the GDS? Noooooooo!

Apparently it will be back someday. At least I hope it will be. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: December 27, 2015, 06:06:11 pm »

You can put it back in?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: December 27, 2015, 06:21:46 pm »

You can put it back in?

The reason is that all those overgrown cats got moved into other files containing the normal and anthro versions, and giant desert scorpion is planned to be re-added, apparently with the addition of normal and anthro versions.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: December 27, 2015, 06:22:25 pm »

Will vampires in worldgen ever drain historical figures?

Will there ever be prisoners we can free in dungeons?

Will people ever commit crimes in worldgen?

Will we ever be able to find stolen children if they're anywhere besides in a dark fortress?

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3111 on: December 27, 2015, 10:08:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure most vampires have hundreds if not thousands of sentient kills, though I don't know whether that's from the draining or the simple fact that they had 500 years to kill all those people.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: December 27, 2015, 10:41:10 pm »

draining

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: December 27, 2015, 10:50:46 pm »

I'm pretty sure most vampires have hundreds if not thousands of sentient kills, though I don't know whether that's from the draining or the simple fact that they had 500 years to kill all those people.

The way it sounds, it could be the fact that they were draining/killing the people in a specific town, over and over. So, they would crank out those kills quickly. The problem is, those kills would deplete a town's population. 

Also, as for zombies:

If i am reading it right, You did cure hte problem of zombie heads being to small to hit, right? Does a head even have a graps to spawn? WOuld a hand now be too small to hit?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3114 on: December 27, 2015, 11:04:13 pm »

(it was a human head, and I didn't have trouble stomping on it with my elephant guy...  it just never pulped)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Thebestidentity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: December 27, 2015, 11:16:54 pm »

Do undead created by evil weather effects exhibit the same changes to undead that were in the devlog?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: December 28, 2015, 12:05:55 am »

The changes are for animated creatures in general, so evil weather zombies will probably be changed as well.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: December 28, 2015, 12:20:46 am »

Severing all non-smashed heads on a zombie kills it (smashing already worked), and severing or smashing any working grasp on a headless zombie kills it. Zombies can still be reanimated if they have a working grasp.
So a normal human zombie will die if you cut it's head off, at which point it can be re-re-animated, then die if you cut an arm/hand off, can get re-re-re-animated, and then be permanently dead once you chop off the other arm?
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: December 28, 2015, 12:40:59 am »

Can we still find armed and armored zombies in sieges or towers?

The main problem with zombies was the fact that the AI didnt know how to deal with them. As an adventurer they werent so difficult. I think these solutions will work very well and make sense (a zombie shouldnt have any sense of self preservation after all)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:36:06 am by thvaz »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: December 28, 2015, 01:26:11 am »

Severing all non-smashed heads on a zombie kills it (smashing already worked), and severing or smashing any working grasp on a headless zombie kills it. Zombies can still be reanimated if they have a working grasp.
So a normal human zombie will die if you cut it's head off, at which point it can be re-re-animated, then die if you cut an arm/hand off, can get re-re-re-animated, and then be permanently dead once you chop off the other arm?

No, you need to cut off both arms. Happily, the limbs and head can then be reanimated separately.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 306