Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1834451 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3150 on: December 30, 2015, 10:36:28 am »

Thanks for the answers.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3151 on: December 30, 2015, 10:41:56 am »

Orshet Dan Man?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: December 30, 2015, 11:14:16 am »

Orshet Dan Man?
Orshetdanman, The Cremated Heaviness, an artifact beak dog bone puzzlebox. Yeah, I don't get it either.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: December 30, 2015, 12:45:22 pm »

"Cremated heaviness"...
Bloodthorn charcoal?
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: December 30, 2015, 05:12:22 pm »

I never seem to get to any new music, so I wouldn't anticipate anything.
Calling all musicians...

All I can come up with right now is some generic dorian (see: scarborough fair, rogue legacy pre-run themes) tripe.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:46:22 pm by Putnam »

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: December 30, 2015, 06:40:21 pm »

Side note: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html seems to be missing some of the latest updates - a lot of the stuff that was added in 0.42.01 is still marked as "partially done" even though the descriptions match what I've seen ingame.

[What] are the [short-term/long-term/no] plans to add nonverbal communication [to adventure mode]? Currently, spitting is possible and characters cry when they're upset, but there's no way to laugh or to smile or to tap someone on the shoulder or give someone a hug. (Okay, those last two can be done with the combat system in the current version, but it's not advisable if you want to stay friends.)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: December 30, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »

Quote from: TheFlame52
As it is, coins are worthless outside their country. Will there ever be money-changers, maybe when there's an economy update?

Yeah, sometime around then.  We'll probably do something small just to make it a little less confusing first.  They aren't supposed to be completely worthless now as goods, and you could sell them for some amount of local coins, but that might be broken or have a way-too-unfavorable exchange rate.
Something I just found out: Oftentimes, there will be merchants from several different civs in a shop. Just trade through the one from the civ your coins are from.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: December 31, 2015, 06:18:00 am »

Side note: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html seems to be missing some of the latest updates - a lot of the stuff that was added in 0.42.01 is still marked as "partially done" even though the descriptions match what I've seen ingame.
As far as I can see, none of the "partially done items" in the Tavern section are fully done, with maybe one exception -

* Fortress guests include merchants, diplomats, adventurers, mercenaries, bandits, travelers, etc. - Merchants aren't among the guests, and I suspect several types of travelers aren't either (for example people traveling to marry or take on positions elsewhere).
* Rooms rentable to outsiders - Technically, the rooms are rented, but the rooms are only rented to residents, not all travelers (and you get no monetary benefit, of course).
* Fortress's reputation as inn/tavern tracked - There's some kind of reputation, clearly, but as far as I'm aware, the plans were a bit farther-reaching, and depended a bit on recipes and drink quality.
* Tie-ins with fortress justice if things go badly - That's not happening right now, I'm pretty sure.
* Inns in some towns and on roads, with rooms available for the player - No road-side inns.
* Food and drink service for the player and others - There are only drink services.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: December 31, 2015, 11:49:40 am »

* Food and drink service for the player and others - There are only drink services.

Though technically you can fill a mug with food and NPCs will "drink" it.

Or fill it with live animals/people via cage manipulation.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: December 31, 2015, 12:51:23 pm »

Though technically you can fill a mug with food and NPCs will "drink" it.

Or fill it with live animals/people via cage manipulation.

I traded some bear spleens for a beer and the barkeep drank the spleens.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: December 31, 2015, 12:54:20 pm »

Hee.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: December 31, 2015, 08:32:52 pm »

So uhh guys with the security leak... Is the newest game safe for download?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: December 31, 2015, 08:42:08 pm »

What security leak?
What what what what what.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: December 31, 2015, 09:44:49 pm »

Que? D:
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 31, 2015, 10:15:09 pm »

Yes. It doesnt have any personal information.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 306