Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1834452 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3165 on: December 31, 2015, 10:16:39 pm »

What security leak?!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: December 31, 2015, 10:41:09 pm »

Is this a smart-assed reference to the Steam clusterfuck? At least it BETTER be smart-assed.

If you actually thought this was a Steam game, I will eat you. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 01, 2016, 12:21:29 am »

I just thpugh of something: isnt that wuite the way to troll?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 01, 2016, 02:46:28 am »

Maybe. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 01, 2016, 04:09:53 am »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: January 01, 2016, 04:16:07 am »

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 01, 2016, 05:47:21 am »

Apparently, the main concern is not that they stole information (which, ar worst, would be IP adresses of everyone accessing the site), but that the DF download got infected with something nasty.
I have no idea whether that's possible, but I'll hold an eye out.
At least somethings's being done, what with the server migration and all.
Weird. Flying DIce said in that post something about people "who have had a hate-on for B12/Toady in the past".
Are there people who actively hate him? But why?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:35:09 am by Silverybearded »
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 01, 2016, 06:49:22 am »

Completely irrelevant to the above, but can giant animal variants be tamed by NPC civs? I ask only because if they can be, certain awesome LotR scenes can be recreated, and giant war elephants can only be amazing regardless.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3173 on: January 01, 2016, 07:25:34 am »

Weird. Flying DIce said in that post something about people "who have had a hate-on for B12/Toady in the past".
Are there people who actively hate him? But why?
This is the internet. If there's more than five people liking something, there's a sixth who hates it so much that they swear they will not rest until it's gone and dead.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: January 01, 2016, 08:19:00 am »

Completely irrelevant to the above, but can giant animal variants be tamed by NPC civs? I ask only because if they can be, certain awesome LotR scenes can be recreated, and giant war elephants can only be amazing regardless.

It depends upon what the raws say, the I think that elves can tame giant animals but nobody else can other than the player as they have [PET_EXOTIC] in the raws rather than [PET].

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: January 01, 2016, 04:23:43 pm »

Does the personality of a leader determine the nation's foreign policy during worldgen? I've seen evidence to support it.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: January 01, 2016, 05:36:11 pm »

It depends upon what the raws say, the I think that elves can tame giant animals but nobody else can other than the player as they have [PET_EXOTIC] in the raws rather than [PET].

That makes good sense. Thank you.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: January 01, 2016, 06:47:49 pm »

Water and liquids is something that the games never really done well since it was 2d, the lack of flooding from a river and the lack of a cave river as well as magma one makes the game feel a bit less then it was. Are there plans to change the way liquids work at some point so they allow flooding as well as be better on performance as well as moving across the same z level faster then it is now?

Might rain also be done a bit better so it crosses different bioms instead of just raining perfectly in the biom that its allowed too?

This might be asking too much but how viable would it be to allow the game to be able to change the course of a river that might be prone to doing so? (Was thinking yellow river)

Well that was a lot about water and not about aquifers.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: January 01, 2016, 07:28:52 pm »

Does the number of goblins killed in a siege effect global goblin population? I very much like the idea of driving goblins to extinction just from the bodycount built by surviving sieges. However, I've noticed that goblins seem to retreat after half their number has been felled, so I'm torn between designing my trapline for maximum dead goblins and designing my trapline for killing goblins as quickly as possible, as it seems I cannot optimize for both
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 01, 2016, 07:30:15 pm »

Quote from: TheFlame52
As it is, coins are worthless outside their country. Will there ever be money-changers, maybe when there's an economy update?

Yeah, sometime around then.  We'll probably do something small just to make it a little less confusing first.  They aren't supposed to be completely worthless now as goods, and you could sell them for some amount of local coins, but that might be broken or have a way-too-unfavorable exchange rate.
The thing about coins in the olden days is that you could just weigh them to see what they were worth. This seems to suggest that there will be fiat currency. Can anyone confirm it?
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 306