Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1834267 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3495 on: February 24, 2016, 06:18:43 pm »

What do you mean by more ages btw?
list of ages here, though most ages are based on adlibbing names of creatures and such.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Calendar
I'm aware of that list. I'm asking if he plans to ever add new ones, maybe connected to new mythology stuff, or something like that.
Hmm.
Actually, are gods are planned to ever be RAWable?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: February 24, 2016, 06:42:06 pm »

When the mythology generator happens there might be a rewrite of the way ages are named, but as it stands the existing ones are pretty comprehensive.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: February 24, 2016, 07:39:16 pm »

Will the newest update, which includes construction in adventure mode, break an adventure mode save I make now in .06?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3498 on: February 24, 2016, 07:47:52 pm »

remember to highlight your question in green
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

lobster1050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: February 25, 2016, 06:58:53 am »

Is it possible to dig/channel in adventure mode?
Will Bone carving and butchery adventure jobs be restricted to specific workshops, or there will be no changes?

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: February 25, 2016, 09:05:09 am »

Is it possible to dig/channel in adventure mode?

Probably will be, but I guess not in the same release where we'll get woodcutting/construction

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3501 on: February 25, 2016, 09:52:38 am »

Will Bone carving and butchery adventure jobs be restricted to specific workshops, or there will be no changes?

Toady has said in df talk several times that he doesn't like the idea of using workshops in adventure mode, so likely workshops in adventure mode will be specific to, for example making furniture and other "large" objects
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: February 25, 2016, 10:09:54 am »

Will necromancer adventurers be able to get their zombie minions to help build in the next version?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: February 25, 2016, 01:48:18 pm »

Do you have a will or some other similar apparatus set up so that, in the event of some tragic event (perish the thought) leaving you unable to communicate, the source code for Dwarf Fortress will be made available to the public?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: February 25, 2016, 02:26:08 pm »

Do you have a will or some other similar apparatus set up so that, in the event of some tragic event (perish the thought) leaving you unable to communicate, the source code for Dwarf Fortress will be made available to the public?
Toady One has mentioned that his will specifies that the source code be released upon his death... unless such death is suspected of being motivated by getting access to the source code.  Living wills (for the case of inability to communicate) are more complicated, and I don't know if Toady has one.

It pays to be prepared, but this is a pretty morbid topic.  Hey, we get to build houses in Adventure Mode!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3505 on: February 25, 2016, 03:21:23 pm »

Who would ever kill Toady for the game code? WHO COULD DO SUCH A THING?!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: February 25, 2016, 03:23:07 pm »

Who would ever kill Toady for the game code? WHO COULD DO SUCH A THING?!
Houses.  Adventure Mode.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »

Houses. Better yet, stone axes. I'm still waiting to see if Toady's decided to make that happen via harvesting branches from trees as a first step.

Since I'm fairly certain I was the derp to think that up (though the "conjure logs from thin air with an axe" thing in WF was what inspired me to find a different option), if faked branches as a growth becomes vanilla I will be happydragon.

Especially since adding faked growths to all the trees is almost as time-consuming as modding venomous creatures to drop venom sacs. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3508 on: February 25, 2016, 03:33:14 pm »

Or you could wait a week, and then you'd have happyplayers [not outtokillyouplayers] as well as regularish updates for the next update. Srsly, killing Toady is never the solution.

Killing goblins, however, usually is.

ON TOPIC NOW!

Toady, do you ever plan on making spears and such able to attack from a longer reach?

If it were up to me, I'd redo some of the combat code, allowing dwarves armed with certain weapons to attack from one tile away, but I have no idea how hard that is, how long it would take, and how buggy the result would be.

Toady, do you ever plan on moving away from tiles/increasing the resolution of tiles? Of course, this would likely come WELL after multi-tile creatures, so the question is a little premature.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »

Killing goblins, however, usually is.

But what if you are the goblins? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 306