Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Df2014v0.40 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 961 times)

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Df2014v0.40 Question and Answer Thread
« on: July 13, 2014, 07:35:22 pm »

A la the other version question and answer threads - post your questions about the newest version here, so we can keep the knowledge collected and not swamp the forum.

EDIT: I see a different thread has taken off - I checked when I posted and didn't see one. Please use that one though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:50:20 pm by nightwhips »
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Df2014v0.40 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:36:36 pm »

First question - I'm running an older MacBook Pro that I've had for at least four years. It was already a little slow running df2012, and my forts would slog to death relatively quickly, I thought. Any chance for me with df2014? Has memory usage improved, or with all the additions gotten more intensive?
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:44:52 pm »

Did they fix the flying creature bug in .03?

First question - I'm running an older MacBook Pro that I've had for at least four years. It was already a little slow running df2012, and my forts would slog to death relatively quickly, I thought. Any chance for me with df2014? Has memory usage improved, or with all the additions gotten more intensive?

.02 wasn't optimized at all, so he could have HUGE lag, I say try it on a small young world. Currently when you start a new fortress the rest of the world isn't static, wars start and history continues. This causes lag.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:10:12 am »

Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz