Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd noble behavior  (Read 1948 times)

hegchog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Odd noble behavior
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:54:42 am »

I created a dwarf adventurer and immediately headed to the trade depot to take the site as my own. On the way I noticed loads of barons/baroness and counts (but no countesses). I went to the surface, claimed the site and to teach the nobles who's boss I knocked one out and smashed his right arm into gore. Understandably everyone tried to kill me so I called for a ceasefire. Every dwarven "peasant" accepted and became my allies instantly but all the nobles started no quarter fighting against all the lower classes resulting in awesome combat.
I am happy to say that it seems that the nobles are being overthrown! 

UPDATE- I checked downstairs where I found all the nobles and from what I see they are in combat to. The human blacksmith seems fine but the children in the room have been stabbed by the adults and it seems almost every noble dwarf is in combat even the chief medical dwarf.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:06:39 am by hegchog »

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd noble behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:51 am »

You haven't heard? Toady implemented dwarven communist uprisings in 0.40.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

hegchog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:07 am »

I know about insurrections it's just the massive scale of dwarf conflict that's going on. I would of thought the nobles would try to retreat at some point but even as they are bleeding out and have punctured organs they just keep fighting. I guess it is just a bug involving large site takeovers.

Nahno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 05:23:22 pm »

... I noticed loads of barons/baroness and counts (but no countesses)....
I just found a fortress full of barons and baronesses. I investigated a few of them in Legends. Some of them have migrated to the fortress as newly-appointed baron/esse/s every few years (probably every year), and some have done so during the pre-adventurer calendar update. I'll be reporting it as a bug.