Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62

Author Topic: Dwarven Child Care [Reboot] (Werezombie Cloning Tech (What in Armok's name?!))  (Read 206709 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Child Care [Reboot] (Many Innocent Deaths)
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2014, 01:42:28 pm »

Look at them using Dwarf Therapist, particularly under the "Military" tab as it lists their physical attributes.  If you mouse over the tiles, it should have a tooltip that shows their exact attribute number compared to their maximum attribute - not every dwarf can reach the same strength max.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2014, 02:19:54 pm »

Look at them using Dwarf Therapist, particularly under the "Military" tab as it lists their physical attributes.  If you mouse over the tiles, it should have a tooltip that shows their exact attribute number compared to their maximum attribute - not every dwarf can reach the same strength max.

Ok, so for instance Eshtân has the following current/maximum attributes:

Strength 1794/2201
Agility 1440/1440
Toughness 2364/2364
Endurance 2302/2302

Looks like he was just cursed with very humble attribute maximums; at least he has mostly fulfilled his potential on those.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2014, 03:07:35 pm »

Yeah, it looks like you're able to max out attributes given 11 years of danger room.  Not surprising really, but it is good to note.

Now, do we know what stats effect Gait?  Agility used to, before the split.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »

Strength and Agility, according to Wiki. Agility seems easy to max out with danger room training but Strength looks like it will need some additional cross-training.

Uhhh... welcome?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2014, 03:43:19 pm »

Strength and Agility, according to Wiki. Agility seems easy to max out with danger room training but Strength looks like it will need some additional cross-training.
Did you say screw pumps?  I heard screw pumps.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »

Did you say screw pumps?  I heard screw pumps.

Actually, now that I checked it, looks like the after school military training maxed it for all my graduates.

I'm still pushing them to Legendary with various skills starting from Pump Operator, because, why not?

Uhhh... welcome?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2014, 04:04:15 pm »

I just train my soldiers to pump operating, because they have a nice orange appearance that sets them apart from others.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 19, 2014, 08:05:05 pm »

I just train my soldiers to pump operating, because they have a nice orange appearance that sets them apart from others.

It gives them that nice "escaped convict" look. :)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2014, 04:49:28 pm »

First fortress-born students are now coming of age. They are all Legendary +5 Dodgers and Fighters (raw levels over 60), Legendary +1 Armor Users and Grand Master to Legendary Swimmers. Observer seems to be varying from Dabbling to Adept with this bunch, but there are many Legendary Observers coming up later.

Uhhh... welcome?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:10 am »

You guys finally got this working? Wow. It's kind of disappointing how non-cruel this is, though. It's not nearly as dwarfy as the old version. Still, something like this could be useful for making a megaproject with invaders on. Maybe an obsidian farm of some sort could be created to train up mining?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2014, 02:48:01 am »

Just a slight bump for this thread; has anyone any new ideas regarding turning children into terrifying mentally scarred killing machines?

Searingmines Boarding School continues its slow progress. I expect next batch of graduates to reach Legendary in Swimming, Observer and Armor User, and way, way too Legendary in Fighter and Dodger. That's the skill set I've now settled into, with Climber and Grower training proving too troublesome to get working with existing facilities.

Nearly half of the students have now graduated and the youngest children are now seven years old. That means about five years to completion, plus the necessary military academy year or two. I'm still trying to figure out what to do after that.

While waiting graduations I've been busying other dwarves with various supporting tasks: there is now enough masterwork steel and candy gear for over hundred fully equipped dwarves and food stockpiles can easily take the strain of half the fortress just sparring all the time.
Lately I've started breeding programs with Minotaurs (not too successful) and War Elephants (too successful!); at this rate I can give each graduate his/her own pet War Elephant. Shame about the Minotaurs but maybe the students will be content to play with just the two of them.

Uhhh... welcome?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2014, 06:55:57 am »

Just a slight bump for this thread; has anyone any new ideas regarding turning children into terrifying mentally scarred killing machines?

Searingmines Boarding School continues its slow progress. I expect next batch of graduates to reach Legendary in Swimming, Observer and Armor User, and way, way too Legendary in Fighter and Dodger. That's the skill set I've now settled into, with Climber and Grower training proving too troublesome to get working with existing facilities.

Nearly half of the students have now graduated and the youngest children are now seven years old. That means about five years to completion, plus the necessary military academy year or two. I'm still trying to figure out what to do after that.

While waiting graduations I've been busying other dwarves with various supporting tasks: there is now enough masterwork steel and candy gear for over hundred fully equipped dwarves and food stockpiles can easily take the strain of half the fortress just sparring all the time.
Lately I've started breeding programs with Minotaurs (not too successful) and War Elephants (too successful!); at this rate I can give each graduate his/her own pet War Elephant. Shame about the Minotaurs but maybe the students will be content to play with just the two of them.

A pet with [EQUIPS] and masterful fighting skills would be a potent anti-siege weapon.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2014, 07:31:29 am »

Has anyone bothered to test out
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Idea yet?
Would it work?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 26, 2014, 10:16:34 am »

Concerning the needed "Endless supply of intelligent creatures" for tragedy training--

I understand that you have provided this using a modification to dogs to add the [can_learn] tag.

A means of appropriating or home-growing sufficient numbers of intelligent creatures without modding should now be the focus, since the proof of concept stage has completed.

Some animal-men creatures are egg-layers. Such as, for example, cave-swallow-people. However, for containment purposes we would prefferentially want egg layers that dont fly. Say, serpent people.

I don't know if serpent people still claim nestboxes or not.  If they do, they could provide a useful alternative to intelligent dogs.
Egg layers produce large clutches more often than not, making population growth a theoretically viable option.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2014, 10:34:09 am »

Spoiler: Eshtân Tangledcobalt (click to show/hide)
He has a negative view of people that exercise power over others.  Huh, wonder where he got that... :P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62