Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62

Author Topic: Dwarven Child Care [Reboot] (Werezombie Cloning Tech (What in Armok's name?!))  (Read 204885 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Urists son urist likes "candy", three horned demon horn, and aluminum for there large price tags.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile

Hey Staalo, have you ever tried individual rooms for the children?

i am planning having individual rooms with furniture of the children's preferred materials to increase the good thoughts

I have considered it, but I prefer them socializing and bonding with each other and getting their good thoughts from talking with friends and siblings. At this scale it would also be a bit challenging to build individual rooms with training equipment for sixty children.

With somewhat smaller fort I'd like to try separate rooms with boy-girl pairs selected for their genetic traits. All for the benefit of the dwarfkind, of course.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i mean bedrooms,they would have a communal dining area/training room as well as a statue garden in this case.i have an entire zlvl dedicated to the day care,so space isn't a big issue.

EDIT the bedrooms will also have windows to a room for the militia to train in,unless dwarves dont gain exp by watching through windows
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:40:32 pm by Isngrim »
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That could be a good idea; it would eliminate that only bad thought the young children have about their training: sleeping without a proper room. Although happiness hasn't really been issue in boarding schools so far... not until the students started wrestling daily with the undead.

About Observation training: I've noticed that with any kind of combat training it goes through the roof quickly. If you're planning to do do live combat you don't have to bother with militia squads training in view.

Uhhh... welcome?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

So uh... I just realized earlier.

I had my super-adventurer couple Urist and Romlam and their kid Gar, the McLegendary family right?

Romlam is the Champion and Militia Commander. With Gar I was able to join her squad and make reports and such about missions she wanted done in adventurer mode right?

Well, when I went back to fort mode to pass time, Gar remained in their squad and was able to be assigned equipment and all that. Trained normally with them, even ran off to kill goblins with mom and dad when a little siege showed up.

Gar is 2 years old, will be 3 in a few months.

Figured I'd share that tidbit.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what did you use to do that? I'd like to try that if it's not something too hackish.

On a whim I decided to dig a straight tunnel from the training room to surface. If something hostile appears I can then just skip the bothersome caging business and just have them walk directly to their lecture.

I also want to be able to yell at some point "The enemy is coming! RELEASE THE CHILDREN!"

Uhhh... welcome?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the Ravens are murder thread just gave me an idea: infect a child care graduate with a were-curse and when he dies use a necromancer and traps to create an army of cloned zombie super-soldiers,then unleash them on a siege,and reanimate/clone the body parts that get chopped off.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually managed to reanimate/clone one of the pieces from an earlier were. I'm now trying to figure out what would be most efficient way to make dozens of clones out of it. Maybe a thirty z-level drop that separates all body parts in the necromancer's view? Necromancer would then clone three zombies which would climb a long way only to fall again to be splattered. Rinse and repeat.

Uhhh... welcome?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

So what did you use to do that? I'd like to try that if it's not something too hackish.

On a whim I decided to dig a straight tunnel from the training room to surface. If something hostile appears I can then just skip the bothersome caging business and just have them walk directly to their lecture.

I also want to be able to yell at some point "The enemy is coming! RELEASE THE CHILDREN!"

Mode set > arena > assume control of child > mode set > adventurer > dfusion > change adventurer.

Now they save properly as an adventurer. If you have them sign up at the fort and join they can be given armor. If you rescue kids from a fortress and leave them somewhere to wait for you briefly you can come back and they will be recruits who you can give armor too.

If you have those recruits adopted at your fortress they should stay and be trainable. I've gotten somebody to adopt 60 kids before and they stayed at my fort.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:34:46 pm by Max™ »

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, I'll have to try that out sometime. Right now there's more than enough children and a lot of them are graduating within the next few game months.

Big Ral has finally hit a plateau with her growth. Looks like her final adult volume is going to settle down to a bit over 140 000 cubic centimeters which is about twice the size of a normal adult dwarf. Maybe there's an ogre somewhere in her family tree?

Uhhh... welcome?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

...Isn't that even bigger than a human? Holy balls, man!

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

Apparently, a human is 70 000 cubic centimeters according to the wiki (although it also says a dwarf is 60 000 rather than the 90 000 commonly quoted here, so I'd take it with a grain of salt). But yeah, giant dwarf.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:54:31 am by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Big Ral has finally hit a plateau with her growth. Looks like her final adult volume is going to settle down to a bit over 140 000 cubic centimeters which is about twice the size of a normal adult dwarf. Maybe there's an ogre somewhere in her family tree?
That's awesome Staalo,i wonder if if youll have to import her armor? =)

Subject: Big Ral, Subspecies: Dwarfius Gigantus.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:24:54 am by Isngrim »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Apparently, a human is 70 000 cubic centimeters according to the wiki (although it also says a dwarf is 60 000 rather than the 90 000 commonly quoted here, so I'd take it with a grain of salt). But yeah, giant dwarf.
Nah, the 90k is from the giant childcare graduates, not the average dwarf. 60k is the average.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I understood it that 60 000 is the "adult at" number for dwarf species, meaning the minimum adult value and around 90 000 would be the upper limit of a normal adult dwarf. Any way you count it, 140 000 is just ridiculous. That's more like a full grown deer or half of a troll.

There are other rather bulky dwarves just about to graduate; next up is Ďteb Traderiddled who at the moment is around 113 000 cubic cms. I'm going to try to get him and Big Ral married and see what their babies are like.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62