Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62

Author Topic: Dwarven Child Care [Reboot] (Werezombie Cloning Tech (What in Armok's name?!))  (Read 204814 times)

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't have werebeast vampires. Both interactions make you immune to the other.
But still, you could do this  with either werebeasts OR vampires.

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of the two vampires seem easier if they can drain domestic animals when dwarfs aren't available.  You keep all booze in the locked daycare since the vampirized adults won't drink it anyways and put an execution tower over the water supply to bloodily dispose of vampire mayors so that any non-vampires not in the daycare will have to drink tainted water. 

The work slowdown from not being able to drink booze would be a problem, though. 

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

To make them drink from animals, though, you need to put them to sleep. I don't know if they need to be sleeping or if passing out from pain works. I would recommend capturing an FB with something that causes drowsiness/unconsciousness/pain. I have 5 or so, including one with spit that causes only drowsiness. Next version, I'll do some !!SCIENCE!! if I can get a vampire visitor.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Why would you even want your vampires to drink? It doesn't do anything. (Well, maybe it reduces certain roll penalties.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would you even want your vampires to drink? It doesn't do anything. (Well, maybe it reduces certain roll penalties.)
REALISM

If I make blood a drink, will vampires get drunk from it? This is what I want to test.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

PTW.

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To make them drink from animals, though, you need to put them to sleep. I don't know if they need to be sleeping or if passing out from pain works. I would recommend capturing an FB with something that causes drowsiness/unconsciousness/pain. I have 5 or so, including one with spit that causes only drowsiness. Next version, I'll do some !!SCIENCE!! if I can get a vampire visitor.
You could always drop a load of fertile cats in with tons of cat food and make a miniature catplosion inside the vampire-soldier housing room. Eventually the cats/kittens have to go to sleep, and the vampires will have tons of stuff to feed on.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cat food? Pets falling asleep? Have you actually played DF? Neither of those things are in the game.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cat food? Pets falling asleep? Have you actually played DF? Neither of those things are in the game.

Quoted for truth.

Playing the game is actually more fun than playing the forum  :P

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

To make them drink from animals, though, you need to put them to sleep

Wait, does that really work? Will vampires actually drain animals instead of dwarves if the animals somehow fall asleep?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

I used to strangle wild animals when I was thirsty and far from a town then drink while they were knocked out.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile

I used to strangle wild animals when I was thirsty and far from a town then drink while they were knocked out.

You're still talking about Dwarf Fortress, right? Right?

But, I suspect the fortress mode vampire AI will only use sleeping dwarves for feeding.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quoted for truth.

Playing the game is actually more fun than playing the forum  :P
I play the adventure mode mostly.
But from my experience with fortress mode I'm pretty sure animals eat things and also fall asleep.
Maybe that  could have been something in my friend's version of the game. (I don't have a version on my comp, he may have modded something.)
Anyways you can just replace cats with some of your dwarven citizens....

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please don't derail my favorite thread, Dwarven Child Care. :)

Can kids become vampires, and will they need a separate day care?
Will vampire-child train when recruited in a squad?
Will vampire-child wear uniform?

hyperman500

• Bay Watcher
  • I endorse all exploits!!!
    • View Profile

It wouldn't be a good idea to vampirize the students until they graduate, on account of the process halting all growth of their stats.

If the system isn't overly complicated and utterly convoluted it clearly isn't Dwarfy enough to make.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62