Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 101535 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1110 on: November 20, 2015, 05:20:05 pm »

I'm for gambling lives for another level up. That's pretty much what a regular mission is, anyway.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 20, 2015, 06:09:25 pm »

Aye.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 20, 2015, 06:40:01 pm »

AYE!
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 20, 2015, 07:04:26 pm »

I'm absolutely for marching into danger for XP.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 21, 2015, 11:09:31 am »

Unanimously, it appears.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 21, 2015, 12:33:58 pm »

I fear this may be a terrible mistake. But really, what isn't in this game. So, aye.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1116 on: November 23, 2015, 10:37:32 am »

Alright.

Lets see...you guys were avoiding something large weren't you? Lets say that you turned away from that planet thing, whatever it was,  and flew off at a sharp angle away from it.

I think now should be the time to plan a bit.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 23, 2015, 12:19:14 pm »

"I strongly recommend we correct our course back towards the jump point now that we have dodged that rather large bullet."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 23, 2015, 04:05:47 pm »

"Agreed, Maurice see about leaving some sort of trail in case we are being searched for we were unconscious for gods know how long and there may be people looking for us, or simply other ships that were caught in this looking for a way out."
Return to old heading, full steam ahead. Is this ship max speed 10 acceleration 1 like M25? In between maneuvers set up a computer program to model our coordinate system on the solar-system by placing the reference point I slapped down earlier around the planet. To determine minimum distance check if the suit has a Mission Elapsed Time and use that and the ship's speed when exiting orbit. Using all this data and the initial launch footage determine a rough several points we could have started at, then determine where the jump point is in our coordinate system and go to it. Finally yell at someone to check our supplies (food,water,air,fuel).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:00:54 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 23, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »

"So, like, if you guys need me to do anything I'll be right over here. Normally I'd propose magicking our way out of this, but yeah."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 23, 2015, 06:19:54 pm »

"I still have no idea. If someone wants me to burn something, just let me know."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 24, 2015, 12:18:32 am »

"I'd say that our initial course was, indeed, the best possible, but you are right, we need to check how much time elapsed and where we could have been heading."

"Breadcrumbs you say... we'd need to rig radio buoys for that, since we cannot just leave stuff levitating in space and expect it to be found. Hmmm. Anyway, just in case, Ulrich, check out the QEC once again. If it's garbled again, see if you can ungarble the data, maybe think of a way to rig a simple modem on top of QEC transmission."

"'But yeah', I guess."
He chuckled in reply to Pancaek, then fixed his gaze on the guest. "...I believe we have just the perfect job for you, Commissar. Bring our visitor up on the current situation; crew quarters, if I may so suggest. It's a little crowded here at the moment."

:Han, please perform a check-up on our guest in the crew quarters. See if everything is okay.:

Quote from: Maurice->Pancaek
Question and confirm identity; you should have better memory of all ARM recruits, in case she is one.
It appears to be a person of flesh and blood, not an apparition, but that makes the pistol in her hand all the more dangerous. If there is a fight... try to minimize collateral damage. I'll have your team meet you there.

Quote from: Maurice -> Team II
(Konrad, stay on the bridge.)
Listen up, we have a guest. TL Pancaek is leading her to crew quarters for questioning, so I want you to be there just in case things go funny. Note that she might be an ARM member, and might have an amp, so plan accordingly.
Don't blow up the ship.

'Think about' "breadcrumbs" design. (Mind, GenKn please; no Intu.)
Is radio buoy approach the optimal here, what other ways could we do it, realistically?
Can we make several radio buoys from what we have on the ship? Without sacrificing our suits, preferably.
Do we have anything useful stowed in the cargo? (Pertaining to this problem specifically; not collapsing the wavefunction yet, thank you.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 24, 2015, 12:45:39 am »

Work on the QEC. Send both plain text messages and encoded ones. Try to come up with a way to decode the response.
E: Actually, let's try applying Mad Hatter distortion algorithms on the messages as well.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:36:10 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 24, 2015, 01:59:39 am »

Determine number and location of external airlocks on our ship.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 25, 2015, 10:30:05 am »

Pan makes his way over to the crew quarters, bumping into a wall once or twice along the way as he gets used to this clunky body. He waits for Xael to arrive as well. 

"Ah, trooper Xael, was it? You were with one of the other missions, correct? I am commissar Pancaek. I'm rather less handsome in this body, but I assure you you're amongst comrades here. Now, would you like to know what's going on here, or would you like to tell me how you came to be here, first?"
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85