Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85]

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 101523 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1260 on: March 07, 2016, 08:35:28 pm »

((you realize of course by informing me those arent its eyes that you've proved my point right?

if its eyes are as big as dinner plates, how large would those venom sacs be? and the creature overall?

also, motherfucking dinosaurs man. they dont give two shits about your square cube law limiting their hands.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 07, 2016, 11:40:50 pm »

((...Actually I was trying to obliquely invalidate your original point without directly calling attention to it being stupid, but apparently I was being too oblique.  We only briefly saw a glimpse of the monster, so it is entirely reasonable that we saw eyespots or something else that we misidentified as eyes.  Personally, I was thinking it had disproportionately massive troglobite eyes--which fits with the pale skin--and was closer in size to a very large human, but it would've also been entirely reasonable for the eyes to have been fake.  Just like the DS basilisks.

As for size, three minutes into this video the guy fights some basilisks.  They're roughly dog sized, and the fake eyes are about as big as dinnerplates.  Hence why I thought of them.  Sorry for not using the youtube timestampythingy--I'm on mobile.

Lastly, giant dinosaurs didn't have long arms with big hands.  And this monster isn't a dinosaur--it seems to be human shaped, or at least have humanlike hands.  The human shape is really not optimal for large size, as evidenced by the naturally giant humans that have significant health problems long before reaching elephant size, let alone hand-fits-around-average-human size.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 08, 2016, 11:02:50 am »

((well my point about eyes was more in line with this thing being an apex predator, I cant think of any apex predators with disproportionally large eyes.

as for the basilisk, if they start as a dog and you scale the real eyes up to being dinner plates, would they not then be the size of a large bear?
hence proving my point, nobody hunts bears with handguns.

when was it ever implied to be humanoid?
just because it has an opposable thumb doesnt make it a primate.

in any case im gonna stop arguing before we anger piecewise.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 08, 2016, 12:42:37 pm »

Spoiler: I won't (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 08, 2016, 12:54:38 pm »

((its not that im running away because I cant win, its that im trying to be considerate to PW and we are cluttering the fuck out of the thread because you refuse to lose.

shits gone on long enough, time to drop it or take it somewhere else. OOC or pm's your choice.

also note that I refute all your points except for the bear one.
people are truly retarded.))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:06:27 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 08, 2016, 04:24:46 pm »

((It looks interesting so far, but I do have a question. PW, I thought this was meant as a replacement for missions for some people while still letting them do stuff, but is typing all that out and thinking up options for actions really that much less taxing? Like, how long do you take for 1 turn of this (where you can entertain three two monkeys) compared to a mission turn? I realize that if more people were along on this, while keeping the turn size the same, that the amount of people kept engaged per minute of your time increases (whereas if everyone gets to make their own actions then more players just means more time needed), but still I wonder if this could really replace a mission while saving time/effort for you)).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 09, 2016, 01:28:14 am »

((...Maybe suggestion-style game?))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 09, 2016, 01:35:47 am »

((It looks interesting so far, but I do have a question. PW, I thought this was meant as a replacement for missions for some people while still letting them do stuff, but is typing all that out and thinking up options for actions really that much less taxing? Like, how long do you take for 1 turn of this (where you can entertain three two monkeys) compared to a mission turn? I realize that if more people were along on this, while keeping the turn size the same, that the amount of people kept engaged per minute of your time increases (whereas if everyone gets to make their own actions then more players just means more time needed), but still I wonder if this could really replace a mission while saving time/effort for you)).
((It does allow for compressing 10 PCs of...
Shiz, what's the word, focus? Text? Hopefully you get what I'm saying.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1268 on: March 09, 2016, 01:14:39 pm »

The thing about it is that If I run a mission with 5 people, doing good description of each action, it would be  5 times as much work as this currently is. The point of these is that
1. I only ever have to describe a single action. Because only one person is ever acting.  And because these could hold anywhere between 3-5 people, I'm essentially reducing my work by a factor of 3-5. 20 people on minor missions of 5 people means 4 good posts, not 20.

2.The fact that I'm creating the choices means that I can keep the mission very focused. No turns of standing around waiting or following or generally just killing time. And this lets missions get done quickly. This means that people can get cash for items, stuff to craft, and generally advance a bit without having to enter the full blown meatgrinder.

3. Mechanically it's very simple. One roll, one test. Or in the times when all players have to roll, it's still a simple matter of rolling a few times.

4. It lets me kill people with wild abandon! Admittedly probably not as abruptly as was shown here, but still.

((Eesh. I've only got 0 handi. Let's hope the dice are kind.))

Indeed, Waffels to try and take out the bars using handi.
I look forward to your next characters, flapjack, crepe and cinnamon roll.
[2]
You tip toe over to the window, trying your best not to pay attention to the wet crunching noises coming from down the hall. The window is old, the glass and metal of the frame are stained a dull yellow on the outside, testament to god knows how many years worth of smog, smoke and aerosolized human fat from the burn pits not far from here. It, and the entire room its in, stink of burnt hair. The window is a two piece, one half is permanently in place, while the the other half slides. It's just large enough to squeeze through, though the act would be awkward at best, especially considering the drop that waits beyond. You give the movable frame a tug. The top moves but the bottom sticks and the window jerks, angling slightly and jamming. You such a hissing breath through your teeth and shove the window back the other way, freeing it. You try again, this time pulling from the bottom. It takes several tugs, the track is coated in dust and god knows what, so the rollers stick every few inches, but you manage to get it open without making much noise. You stick your head and one arm through the opening and examine the bars.

They're a single thing, a single wrought iron fixture that's been bolted to the wall. The bolts are smoothed and rounded, and sit flush with the fixture. You see no good way of removing them, not without a pry bar or some kind of thin, metal tool to wedge in place and lever the bolts out with.  Below the bars is a large, wide ledge that runs along the entire length of this wall. There are others like it both above and below, on each successive story of the building. You're about 4 stories up from a dark, water slick and shiny alleyway. About 3-4 feet from this window is another building, which has ledges outside its windows, but they're not connected together, each one is only slightly wider than the window and protrudes about 4 or 5 inches from the wall. 

1) STR: The bars might be tough, but maybe the wall is weak. With enough force, you might be able to tear the entire thing off.
2) HANDI: There's gotta be a way to get or make the tools you need. Maybe if you look around the apartment there will be something that works, or something that can be made to work.
3) DEX (All): Whatever that thing is, it seems to be rather busy eating your former friend. Maybe, if you all just make a break for it, you can get out of here while it is distracted.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 09, 2016, 01:54:00 pm »

Waffels will indeed attempt to finish the window job, using handi.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 09, 2016, 03:04:11 pm »

((That sounds somewhat perverted. Is my mind playing tricks on me?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 09, 2016, 03:10:57 pm »

((Might be a language thing with handi. When I read handi, I read it in its german meaning))

Spoiler: this is a german handy (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1273 on: March 09, 2016, 05:00:23 pm »

((Might be a language thing with handi. When I read handi, I read it in its german meaning))

Spoiler: this is a german handy (click to show/hide)

Next action will involve attempting to pry a metal cage using a cellphone.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85]