Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 101517 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1005 on: May 19, 2015, 06:06:18 pm »

"I'll be quite fine, Mister Mallorey sir. Well, probably not fine fine, but well enough. It'll make for a more exciting journal in any case."

Journal time.
Spoiler: Journal Day 1 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1006 on: May 21, 2015, 03:29:27 pm »

Do I need to cook anything or are rations ready to eat? If they need cooking, cook them.
Then scout the perimeter (make sure to be mindful of any large tracks or objects of archeological significance on the ground) and keep watch until I am (hopefully) relieved by another teammate and I can get some sleep.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:36:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 21, 2015, 10:05:55 pm »

Eat a good meal. If trouble occurs, react with appropriate firepower. Otherwise, take the second watch shift. Watch for threats.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1008 on: May 22, 2015, 11:35:37 am »

You all eat a good meal and camp out till the next day. At dawn, you take a look around, surveying the countryside for the next place to go. There's plains all around you, but in the distance to the north you can see forest, and to the west and south west, mountains. Thick forests to the south and south east.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 22, 2015, 12:04:16 pm »

Glorious lands, indeed!
Listen up the plan for the next two days: today, we study the ruins and forage. However, unless we harvest a whole lot, we do not eat today - except for Martin. You, Martin, will spend the whole day tomorrow scouting ahead and mapping the lands; we will wait for your arrival here. Then, tomorrow night, we feast again, and prepare to move out at the dawn.

"In the distance" - the mountains and forests are at least [a hex] away, right?
It's time to study the ruins! Say, would they provide a defensible position, by the way?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1010 on: May 23, 2015, 02:10:58 pm »

"All alone in the wilderness. Lucky me."[/sarcasm]"You better deliver on that payment you promised. Because I'm starting to think I'm not getting enough money for this."

Scout ahead as instructed. Try to be quiet, leave any equipment that could compromise that behind. Also remember to use compass and other helpful equipment. Does the store carry binoculars?

((Writing from phone, I'll add my stats later.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1011 on: May 23, 2015, 02:50:23 pm »

Glorious lands, indeed!
Listen up the plan for the next two days: today, we study the ruins and forage. However, unless we harvest a whole lot, we do not eat today - except for Martin. You, Martin, will spend the whole day tomorrow scouting ahead and mapping the lands; we will wait for your arrival here. Then, tomorrow night, we feast again, and prepare to move out at the dawn.

"In the distance" - the mountains and forests are at least [a hex] away, right?
It's time to study the ruins! Say, would they provide a defensible position, by the way?

They're a pretty darn good distance actually, more then one hex. The mountains are about 2, if you went straight there.

The ruins are...well fairly defensible. They're no fortress; but the large standing stones would provide defense against projectiles, at least.

There's not much around in the immediate area but grass, however, you can see what looks like a large crater up to the north, and far, far to the north, north west is what looks like an unnatural formation.

"All alone in the wilderness. Lucky me."[/sarcasm]"You better deliver on that payment you promised. Because I'm starting to think I'm not getting enough money for this."

Scout ahead as instructed. Try to be quiet, leave any equipment that could compromise that behind. Also remember to use compass and other helpful equipment. Does the store carry binoculars?

((Writing from phone, I'll add my stats later.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 23, 2015, 03:43:12 pm »

Then let's move the camp inside the ruins. After we're finished with inspecting them, of course.

Speaking of which, are there any markings on the stones?
What about the stones themselves - is there anything interesting or special about the material? Is the stone local, or how far from here have it been quarried?
What sort of tools would have been used in the construction?

Search the ruins carefully. Aren't there any half-buried cellars or dungeons? Maybe hidden doors?
Well, anything interesting or peculiar? Maybe lying in the dirt around the ruins?

I would not suggest that had I not trusted your abilities, Martin, would I?

Okay, time for treasure hunt! By which I mean glorious scientific treasure, of course. Let us search the ruins and look if we'd find anything interesting.

Miss Caroline, I trust translating any markings and writings we might find to your competence.

((I think this proves that we need a skill about architecture & fortification. Maybe also governing math and/or engineering, for the sake of keeping things simple. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:52 pm »

"Of course, Mister Mallorey."

Search the ruins for any markings or other things I can translate.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1014 on: May 28, 2015, 11:00:42 am »

Then let's move the camp inside the ruins. After we're finished with inspecting them, of course.

Speaking of which, are there any markings on the stones?
What about the stones themselves - is there anything interesting or special about the material? Is the stone local, or how far from here have it been quarried?
What sort of tools would have been used in the construction?

Search the ruins carefully. Aren't there any half-buried cellars or dungeons? Maybe hidden doors?
Well, anything interesting or peculiar? Maybe lying in the dirt around the ruins?

I would not suggest that had I not trusted your abilities, Martin, would I?

Okay, time for treasure hunt! By which I mean glorious scientific treasure, of course. Let us search the ruins and look if we'd find anything interesting.

Miss Caroline, I trust translating any markings and writings we might find to your competence.

((I think this proves that we need a skill about architecture & fortification. Maybe also governing math and/or engineering, for the sake of keeping things simple. ))
You look at the stones. They're clearly quite ancient, with their cornered rounded by time. There are some faint markings left but it's hard to tell if they're some form of cuneiform or just ancient tool marks from when the stones were cut.

The stones are definitely not local; They look to be Quartz diorite, a speckled white and black stone that glitters in this early morning light. There's nothing like that around here; at least not that you have seen.

Hard to say what kind of tools would be used, but you assume it's probably stone chisels.

You look around; you can't find any hidden dungeons or secret treasure rooms. About the strangest thing you can find is a few scattered stone implements and pottery shards. If there was anything valuable here, it has long since been ransacked.

"Of course, Mister Mallorey."

Search the ruins for any markings or other things I can translate.

One of the pottery fragments you find has what looks like Cuneiform markings on it, but it is only a partial piece. You'd need to find the rest of it, and probably more, to be able to get anything from it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 28, 2015, 11:18:26 am »

Quartz diorite... interesting.

Miss Caroline, have you had any success? These markings are quite faint, I cannot tell for sure whether there is anything interesting about them. Perhaps you understood more?
Past Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1016 on: May 28, 2015, 02:10:13 pm »

Continue with previous action.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1017 on: May 29, 2015, 01:50:49 pm »

Continue with previous action.

You've already scouted though?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:22 am »

Proceed with foraging, then! Corbin or Martin leads, they are the most skilled.

Okay, Martin, we need to talk.
I hired you as a skilful scout, capable of navigating even in the most rough terrain - but if you don't think so, other two are pretty decent as well. Furthermore, I would think that scouting alone is more safe and reliable than bringing about a number of people, don't you think so? I do not ask you to deal with whatever is there; I want a rough idea of what awaits us there, and maybe a chart of the terrain. A quick peek-and-run move.

((...I am slowly being more and more disillusioned about RPing bossing around as I feel this drains interest in the game for other people; maybe we should try and find a way to discuss things and take collective decisions - OOC, if not IC?
A sudden insight for how RC feels appears!

For example, here I think that we can waste a single day *doing nothing* (not even eating, so no supply drain) while someone checks ahead where we should go - and then we all go to that interesting place afterwards, and do the exploring and adventuring stuff. For safety reasons, that person should be fed; and because of how the rationing mechanics work in this game, food is consumed in the evening, feeding the person for the next day - contrary to common sense of eating in the morning for today. Thus it means that such events have to be planned ahead at least one day in advance - when the people skip the "tomorrow" meal; and since we ate yesterday evening, it falls to reason that we probably should skip today if the 'stasis op' is to be planned for tomorrow.

Also, just to reiterate, the "scouting" has not happened yet (this is compounded by the fact that PW never posted any action results for the "action in question"); and it is not a "scouting" action per se, it's a "movement"x2 actions, probably 3-4-5-6-1-2 or something like that (moving as far out as possible to return to camp on the same day, assuming terrain difficulty 1 and riding a horse).))

Past Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 30, 2015, 12:23:31 pm »

Foraging! Like salvaging, but less metallic!

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85