Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 100610 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1095 on: November 04, 2015, 07:33:19 pm »

((Are we going to keep going in Limbo? If we want to keep an element of mystery for M25, we could just move to PMs.))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 04, 2015, 11:13:02 pm »

((Are we going to keep going in Limbo? If we want to keep an element of mystery for M25, we could just move to PMs.))
((I prefer keeping it here because it is far less unwieldy than mass PM's))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 18, 2015, 11:55:54 am »

((Will we get any updates anymore?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1098 on: November 19, 2015, 01:11:48 pm »

Good question...Hmm

Would you guys like to run this parallel to the existing mission looking for you?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 19, 2015, 01:12:59 pm »

yus pls
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 19, 2015, 01:27:46 pm »

Only if it doesn't straight up reduce our chances of getting rescued.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 19, 2015, 02:22:26 pm »

Good question...Hmm

Would you guys like to run this parallel to the existing mission looking for you?
Definitely because waiting for them to find us will take ages and waiting around doing nothing kind of sucks.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1102 on: November 19, 2015, 02:53:37 pm »

That would really depend on your actions, wouldn't it?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 19, 2015, 02:57:44 pm »

I wouldn't know. I could be that it was something like that whole thing we've got going where you screw up your chances of finding a useful item if you try to index everything the ship has on board.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1104 on: November 19, 2015, 03:08:17 pm »

I wouldn't know. I could be that it was something like that whole thing we've got going where you screw up your chances of finding a useful item if you try to index everything the ship has on board.
Nah,it would just be that you guys are moving the ship rather then me moving it. Of course, you don't know where you are in that space, nor where the others are, nor that help is even coming. You're technically displaced by years. Who knows where you actually are in the void.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 19, 2015, 03:19:31 pm »

Generally when you are lost you should wait in one place until rescue comes. But since we don't know about it then we keep going in same direction as we already were. While dodging few bullets or something.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 19, 2015, 03:51:29 pm »

Definitely running our own side of M25 mission in parallel to theirs if that means we get a level-up for it afterwards. I mean, why not? There would have still been ten-ish (eight... nine, to be precise) characters waiting on your updates, you were still going to put us in mortal danger (if only behind-the-scenes, as a plot device for M25), and it's not like we have an updating Hephaestus thread anyway (so overall number of threads to update is less than usual) - why not run this as its own mission? (You can index it as M26 or M27 or M25-Team Rescuees.)

Because this is an excellent opportunity to be put in mortal danger (as, once again, we already were going to be) for worldly experience (delicious level-ups!) and personal gain ("save your own lives" instead of getting tokens, I guess, but that is still a win in my book).
The HMRC Way. :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 19, 2015, 10:47:23 pm »

Definitely running our own side of M25 mission in parallel to theirs if that means we get a level-up for it afterwards. I mean, why not? There would have still been ten-ish (eight... nine, to be precise) characters waiting on your updates, you were still going to put us in mortal danger (if only behind-the-scenes, as a plot device for M25), and it's not like we have an updating Hephaestus thread anyway (so overall number of threads to update is less than usual) - why not run this as its own mission? (You can index it as M26 or M27 or M25-Team Rescuees.)

Because this is an excellent opportunity to be put in mortal danger (as, once again, we already were going to be) for worldly experience (delicious level-ups!) and personal gain ("save your own lives" instead of getting tokens, I guess, but that is still a win in my book).
The HMRC Way. :P
Must admit the possibility of a double level is also enticing along with having control over possibly dooming us all rather than leaving it to someone else. In the HMRC we doom OURSELVES dammit!  Also as long as gravity still works I have an idea for how to get out.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1108 on: November 20, 2015, 02:52:57 pm »

You can do another level if you survive to the end.

Of course, doing this means you might all end up dead, where as if you sit and wait, I can tell you that I won't destroy your ship in the background while the other players search.

Show of hands? We've got 9 players left, if we can get 5 for it, then we'll do it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 20, 2015, 05:10:55 pm »

Ohhh, personal safety, or fun fun fun?
Whatever, I'm up for it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."