Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "hostile" immagrants  (Read 4011 times)

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"hostile" immagrants
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:37:15 am »

So with this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6627.

I am winding up with immigrats that do nothing but mill about at the edges of my map slowing other migrants from coming on to the map. Have started to think of them as "volunteer live traing dummies" to train my military with and give other citizens some discipline training. I am curious how others are handling this?

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
Re: "hostile" immagrants
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 03:17:55 pm »

PTW.

All of my first wave was hostile, and I have no dwarves to spare to go and beat their jaywalking asses.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 04:07:30 pm »

Might I suggest to dig under them, in a way that would cause a cave in? Then invite a horse or buffalo to party with them in the newly collapsed pit, and let them settle any disagreement that would arise?

Last time I checked, those hooves were scary.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 05:10:41 pm »

If you do slaughter them you will need to bury or make memorial slabs or they will haunt your fort.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 05:31:28 pm »

Herd them into cage traps, maybe?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 09:49:41 pm »

Herd them into cage traps, maybe?
"Watch your step now, watch your step.  Ah, and here we come to our finest attraction: the poor bastards who thought they could come a-knocking on our doorstep trying to kill us, now on display."

"But... they're all dwarves."

"Laddy, each and every group of ye migrants so far has tried to kill us, so we gotta protect ourselves.  Why do you think we have so many cage traps in the entrance hall"

"Traitor!!!!!!"

Urist McMigrants have become hostile.

Urist McMigrants cancel attack target: caged

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 06:18:47 am »

It seems that retiring/reclaiming the fort will mellow out the immigrants and integrate them as good, hardworking inhabitants.

Bloody drunken anarchists and their disdain for the overseer...

[edit]

This is not the case for the liaison, though. She got involved in a scrap prior to the retiring/reclaim and sided with the anarchists. So now she is sitting in a plum tree and spooking the herbalists.

[edit2]

Sent out the militia to deal with it. Unfortunately the courageous militia commander to do the deed was also the son of the liaison. As I learned after the fact. He is now in "emotional shock", standing in the rain over the body. It was his first kill.

He lost a mother to tragedy recently, sustained major injuries, got caught in the rain and witnessed death. But on the other hand, he took joy in slaughter and admired a nice hatch. This is either the making of a legendary tough bastard, or the beginning of the tantrum spiral to end all tantrum spirals.

[edit3]

Aaand the leader of the marksdwarves popped a bolt in his brain as soon as they were inside the castle. Probably the best decision.
"Vutok Pagedmountains is really dead. It is done."
"Imush Gorgedwinds, slayer of Vutok Pagedmountains. This is great!"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:37:39 am by FoiledFencer »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 02:40:50 pm »

Well now in my current fort, I had a goblin invasion seige which killed my expidition leader and now one of my hostile immagrants is the new expidition leader.......