Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ☼Bellweasel☼ - Cleansed in carpling blood  (Read 9342 times)

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Bellweasel☼ - Death before sobriety!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 02:29:43 am »

Senshuken's account of events: Entry 5

So much historic events to engrave, so little time!!!!! Where to start?!!!!

Breaking sieges while being outnumbered without casualties with the main hero of the hour charging back into battle with a broken arm, purging the fortress of fish monsters, the creation of the Ward of Armok... The super baby that fraught off the baroness and is still alive! And from the sounds of it, the leader of the fish cult has been found and slaughtered.

On the plus side, now that the fortress isn't doomed to be overrun by fish people I can dedicate my time fully to the task at hand and clear up some of the back log.

I do wonder what's going to happen since the Baroness is dead. Are we just going to replace her with someone new or what?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Bodkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Hoondat Report
Re: ☼Bellweasel☼ - Death before sobriety!
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2014, 09:47:47 am »

Today we bring this whole carp thing to a close. But Senshuken, don't pop that champagne cork too quickly ...

(The continuing journal of Eral Moppedtrumpets, captain of the guard)

(note: Sadly, Eral had no part in the kill of the carp cult leader. Due to an oddity in DF’s pathing algorithm, he kept charging into the wrong room, again and again, and did not get to spill carpling blood as I had hoped he would. But I will use my editorial privilege to write as if he did. Also, I got so wound up in all of this that I forgot to take screenshots. Sorry about that.)

With me were two crossbowdwarves and a soldier. More could be heard approaching.

“You …. will …. join …. meeeeeee,” groaned Dishmab with the last of his dwarven voice. His transformation was complete.

Two bolts flew into his body, and he began to conjure his vile magic. Spinning balls of vomit and putrid webs of slime began flying at the dwarves around him. A shield injured his foot, and Dishmab fell to the ground, but continued his ferocity against us.

One of the crossbowdwarves, Reksas, began gagging and vomiting uncontrollably. And then, before our eyes, her flesh began to mortify, and she transformed into a monster! This was stunning to consider: did this cult leader have the power to cause dwarves to turn against their will? It seemed that it was so.

Now there were two carplings to fight -- and we were critically unmanned by a cleverly placed web of slime that held us in a choke point at the doorway. Inside the room, there were only a crossbowdwarf with no ammunition, and a single Deathcrafter with no weapon. Also in the room were two infants, babies carried in by the crossbowdwarves.

The fighting lasted a long time. Dishmab absorbed an incredible amount of punishment without even seeming to notice. The monster formerly known as Reksas was quickly killed, but Senshuken was the next to be taken against his will. He was cut to pieces, which means that he died as he had lived: thinking about fish and chips.

The baby that Reksas had been carrying laid on the ground, and Dishmab mauled it to death with his teeth. We were helpless to save it. Meanwhile, Dishmab continued his foul conjuring, and clouds of toxic vapor spewed throughout the living quarters.

But at last, we fought free of the web that held us back at the doorway, and once we managed to flood into the room, we overwhelmed Dishmab in minutes. It was Ushang who struck the killing blow, and for that he has been named the new military commander. Ushang was the one who struck down both Zaneg and Astesh (may rats eat his eyeballs), which makes him very highly regarded. Like me, he also lost a wife and child, for his family consisted of Reksas and her baby.

After it was clear that our mission was accomplished, I knelt, and I painted my body with carpling blood. I still have a vial of it in my quarters.

A final, sad but necessary footnote: when the battle ended, a runner came to us with bad news. Carpsmasher, the baby who fought the baroness, was found dead of dehydration while we were fighting. He was only a baby, yet he will be buried with full dwarven honors. The baroness, by contrast, formerly our highest noble, now decays on the midden heap, along with Zaneg and Astesh, may demons pickle his skull.

It has cost me more dearly than I can bear to contemplate, but we have rid our fortress of the gilled menace. I continue to serve in the fortress guard, but only a sense of duty motivates me to continue. The sight of fish in the brook still fills me with rage and anguish. I find nothing left to live for.

You will find me on the front line of every future battle, until finally my turn comes to leave this life. Perhaps Armok will finally grant me my release.

I have so far executed three dwarves by means of impalement ... for bringing cats into my fortress.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Bellweasel☼ - Cleansed in carpling blood
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 10:11:52 am »

Well damn... It would seem that I need a new dwarf.

Name of Myopia this time around. A male dwarf, preferably not old enough that old age is a possibly cause of death.

The last words of Senshuken. "But... Who will engrave this epic tale now?"
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 11:26:50 am »

After the fighting ended, in the long evenings after the event that shook our fortress, Meph came to Bodkin: "I did...mumble... find this small footnote, a while ago. Just before you started fighting actually. I dont know if its important, but anyhow... I better be going now."

The footnote in his ledger reads: *Priests of Armok have been known to negate the magic attacks of the Carp Cult. Especially High Priests can stem the tide of transformations and protect innocent souls.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 09:40:14 pm »

After the fighting ended, in the long evenings after the event that shook our fortress, Meph came to Bodkin: "I did...mumble... find this small footnote, a while ago. Just before you started fighting actually. I dont know if its important, but anyhow... I better be going now."

The footnote in his ledger reads: *Priests of Armok have been known to negate the magic attacks of the Carp Cult. Especially High Priests can stem the tide of transformations and protect innocent souls.
Yay! Important data now rendered useless! Let's lynch the mayor for that!!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Bodkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Hoondat Report
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 09:19:55 am »

Well guys, this has been fun, but at this point the story feels complete to me. The fort will live on, but to me any further writing will feel anticlimactic and will make the tragedy of the carp struggle just another piece in an episodic stream. I can't find it in me to diminish it that way, so I'm going to retire this story now. Huge thanks to those who participated! You've made it a great time for me. Thanks to those who read silently as well. I hope you enjoyed it.
I have so far executed three dwarves by means of impalement ... for bringing cats into my fortress.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 09:59:11 am »

Thank's for the good work.
left eye

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2014, 02:38:15 am »

Good job, the cultist invasion was epic.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 04:31:08 pm »

A nice story. Maybe it didn't had an epic apocalyptic ending like Boatmurdered or Syrupleaf, but it certainly was fun to read. And what is more important: I survived
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]