Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: The Fell Peak [Community Fortress] - platinum blunt weapons for everyone!  (Read 11863 times)

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fell Peak [Community Fortress]
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

The Log of Idek
17th Limestone 662
The yearly visit of Datan was today. As usual, he brought us lots of wood, where ever he manages to get it, a few freed slaves that want to join us and news from the world at large.

The situation in the north is truly as dire as the visit of the cultists implied. The elves are being pushed back and outermost settlements under dwarven rule are falling too. The rumors say that sometimes small groups of dwarven warriors set out towars the advancing greenskin armys, to harass them with raids and small scale attacks. The king is allegedly trying to equip a large army of conscripts in the mountainhomes and needs to buy time to finish this.
There isnt anything we can do about the situation up there, but the news are still troubling us. Mafiawhale is to motivate everyone to keep working on his grand project and im starting to think that the whole point of it is to take our minds off the far away battlefields.

The new arrivals where rather unremarkable, except for an odd fellow named Ézum. He is poking around absolutely everywhere, often sitting down in completely random places and mumbling to himself. With all the work and planning going on, I was unable to talk to the doctor about him, but it seems he is a bit unstable.

7th Timber 662
Yet another dwarf had barricaded herself into the forges a few days ago. Kol, who normally works the furnaces and sometimes gives Beirus a hand, had snatched some platinum and proclaimed that she "knew what he did". We where puzzled by this, until she emerged today with a mace made from pure platinum.
Sadly, just like Beirus, she seems to have forgotten how to make such a weapon the instant she was done for some reason. None the less, after a meal and some rest she went back to the forges and seems to have developed a hand for weaponsmithing that is only paralleled by Beirus. Considering that he is mostly occupied by training these days, she will probably replace him as our main weaponsmith.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Her husband Kib has meanwhile claimed the mace for himself and proclaimed that he would join the militia to honor the achievement of his wife.

21st Moonstone 662
Winter is calm as usual. Not even the most desperate visit us in these months, where the winds are cutting and the snowfall near constant.
Construction is still going on. We excavated most of the workshop floor and are starting to furbish it now.
The forges are running near constantly, producing golden building materials for the project and steel gear for our militia.

7th Slate 663
While I was busy to organize some engraving efforts, Nail and Pyer are having regular arguments about the motives lately, Tasrak ran past us, speaking in disjointed sentences.
I followed him quickly and managed to catch up to him as he entered one of the newly built leatherworking shops. With growing horror, I saw how he started to scribble unintelligble things on some parchment that lay there, all the while muttering to himself. This brought back bad memories of Litast.

However, unlike Litast, he ran off after only a few minutes and started to gather a rather random assortment of materials. Some of us tried to help him, but he didn't even react to us, just sometimes tearing things out of our grasp when whatever we held struck his fancy. When he seemed to have everything he wanted, he started to shout at us and made it clear that he did not want to be watched while working, so we left. Dewsif ordered Vorus and Guylock to stay nearby to watch for trouble, which was not necessary in the end.
After a few hours of work, a dazed Tasrak stumbled out. He was exhausted and didn't remember anything so we brought him to Doctor Skull for a checkup.

Inside his workshop, we found a weird looking leather cap. For now we stored it in one of the less used stockpiles. Neither Mafiawhale nor I can make head or tails of this situation, so we will not touch this item until we have an idea how and why it was created.

20th Felsite 663
The caverns had been very calms lately, only a few troglodytes and naked mole dogs sometimes accosted our weavers who are often collecting spider silk there. Thus is was quite a shock when one of them came running into the fortress proper today, shouting that he had seen a great beast approaching our doors.

Even through there is rarely a threat to us these days, the militia is still very well trained and immediately set out towards the caverns. Right when they passed the doors that led there, they already saw the creature trying to squeeze its hulking frame into our small access tunnel.

Dewsif immediately stormed towards the creature and sank his axe deep into its flesh. Even his strenght was not enough to do much damage, but the beast was distracted and tried to lunge for Dewsif. He circled the beast, trying to lure it onto more open ground, while Vorus, Spehss, Shadowhammer and Beyrus readied themselves to join the fray. Once it had cleared the narrow tunnel, they lunged for its legs, trying to bring the creature down.
They struck many hard blows, breaking the bones of the mighty creature slowly but surely until Dewsif managed to cut trough a weakened joint and managed to fell the monster. It was still trashing and struggling, letting loose one blud curdling scream after another as axes, hammers and fists struck it again it again. Ultimately, Beyurs grew bold, lodged his foot between the ragged scales of the creature and climbed on top if it. Somehow he managed to stay on top of it despite the trashing and when his hammer came down down on its neck, he was rewarded by a loud snapping sound.
The head of the beast dropped to the floor, the trashing reduced to a light shifting and ShadowHammer lunged for a place of its skull where he knew Spehss to have shattered the bone already. With a heavy blow, he struck there again and drove the fragments of bone deep into its brain, finally killing it.

It was quite a sight to see our militia climbing the stairs back to the fortress, covered in blood but not a single drop of it dwarven.
ShadowHammer was very proud about having landed the killing blow and decided that his trusty warhammer, one of the finest Beirus had made, deserved a name too, since it was perfectly capable to compete with those fancy platinum weapons of his squadmates. Beirus seemed a bit sad that it wasn't him that finished the beast, but the it was killed by one of his weapons seemed to be a consolidation for him.

Notes:
Still no goblins coming. Im now exporting gold crafts to raise exported wealth. Maybe that will attract some of them.

In other news, all our named militia dwarves are legendary fighters by now (and all of them became wrestlers again for some reason). Frontestro and Castor a legendary miners, Pyer a legendary engraver and Misting Walrus should soon hit legendary armorsmith.
Nail is at adept engraver and should hit legendary some time during the second floor.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2014, 05:22:52 pm »

More platinum blunt weapons. Eheheheheheheheh.

Edit: I might want to take a shot at drawing that hat.

Edit2: Wait, do the wrestlers still use weapons or just wrestle?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:28:07 pm by Alev »

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2014, 05:30:35 pm »

You use your weapons just fine. All around there a slightly more scratching, biting, kicking and punching attacks then in DF 2012, but most of the time its weapon strikes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kill stealer!  :P Beirus would have had that kill if we had let it suffocate with a broken neck.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile

I don't think FBs breathe.
left eye

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15 Obsidian, Igrishilrom

Dear Diary:

Well, someone told me that that creepy engraver Nail had been keeping a journal.  Some of the things she carves are... well, anyway, I think she might have a good idea in spite of her unusual inspirations, so I've decided to give it a shot.  I need to have somewhere to keep track of things.

This is hard.  I just spent thirty minutes looking at this book and trying to think of something to write.  I guess I will just write about whatever crosses my mind.

I spent the past month or so running around behind the miners.  The others have finally figured out that I can cut and set gems, so they bring me the gems when the miners manage to get them out safely.  Castor always carefully chips around them, but Frontestro is a maniac with the pick... I lost three red spinels the other day that I pointed out clearly, but oh no, crackity-crack, straight through we went and nothing was left.  Some dwarves don't seem to place much value on precision and craftsmanship.

I've never been much of one for religion, but I am very thankful that we have been able to escape the goblins.  I never thought when I was a child that I might one day live as a free dwarf in a real city of our own kind.  The goblins taught me bone carving, and I was fairly good at it, but it was depressing knowing that any day you might be given bones to carve into crafts that belonged to someone you knew.  Back to work.

12 Moonstone, 662

I just had the most... bizarre conversation ever with Nail.  She mentioned as we were eating that she used to be a gem setter for the goblins, and was good at it.  I asked if she had any advice, since my background was as a bonecarver.  Then it got really weird.  She kept asking if I carved the bones of people, and what did I make, and did I find it fun, and... I just don't know.

I'm not doing a good job of keeping this diary.  I need to work harder at it.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile

12th of Moonstone 662
Inspiration has struck! Today Iamblichos approached me about my past as gem-cutting. As it happens she, like me, also made a jump from her previous school of art, bone-carving, to my previous profession of gem-cutting when she arrived here! Happy about finding a fellow artist I inquired about her experiences with the goblins and, to my surprise, she was dissatisfied with what she was given to carve, just like me! It was then, pondering those parallels, when it dawned on me: I had always thought of the different forms of art as, well, that: different, distinct; when in reality art is always art, no matter what form it takes! And now this beautiful picture is forming in my mind: A battlefield, engraved into statue of raw ore and adorned with glistening gems, menacing with spikes of bone and all the other materials artists form their images with, painted, finally, with the blood and tears and guts of those fallen for its creation...
Oh the wonders this mountain has shown me since I have come here! Truly, this Fell Peak of ours is blessed by the gods. May the goblins go to their beloved north and relish in the monotonous gore their overlords allow them to engage in, the true worth of this world is right here in the unforgiving cold!

I didn't recall your gender, sorry. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:03:28 pm by Nail »
left eye

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC: Heh, no worries, we're both apparently female.  *shrug*  Who knew?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Log of Idek
5th Hematite 663
The group of bandits we've met two years ago had send some of their men to us again. It seems the goblins are slowly increasing their patrols again, since they claimed to have trouble to support themselves. We traded food for some wood again and some golden trinkets for a large batch of pelts and leather they brought with them.
Im inclined to believe their storys. Since last fall, no new refugees have arrived here, after years of groups regularily coming to us. At the same time, I wonder why we where never accosted by the greenskins after that first raid.

2nd Malachite 663
Early in the morning, the alarm was rang today. A minotaur was spotted from Vela, who was keeping watch from the archery tower.
It turned out that the danger was minimal. The creature had seemingly run into one of the dust clouds. It was bleeding from every orrifice and barely able to stand. While it slowly shuffled towards the general direction of our fortress, the marksdwarf Goden took a shot at it, hitting it in the leg. The beast let out a weak scream and dropped to the snow where it bled out within a few minutes.
Its probably the first victory of our militia that didn't end in a roaring party, mostly because our attacker was nearly dead before we even saw him.

15th Malachite 663
Another beast is attacking us! One of the woodcutters noticed something moving in the dark while he was felling towercaps. It was slow and he coud flee easily, but he was still quite shaken from what he had seen. A gigantic, winged worm, covered in hair and emenating fumes that made the moss and mushrooms in its vincinity shrivel and die.
Considering the slowness of the best and that the woodcutter forgot in his panic where exactly he had seen it, our militia would go down and have to search for it.

Why are these things attacking us? This is third monster in the caverns alone and I can't figure out what draws them to us.

16th Malachite
Our militia returned and every single one of us was shocked about the state they came back in.

I think I should start at the beginning. After a few hours of fruitless search, our warriors where meeting near the caverns access to plan the next search attempt. I am not sure if it was pure chance, or if the worm hat stalked them, but it found them at this moment.

The twisting passages in this area made crossbow fire nearly impossible, so the squads pulled back and wanted to ambush the creature in the shaft leading to the mines. What nobody of them noticed, was that the marksdwarf Melbil hadn't yet returned from his search. They where still waiting for their opponent, when a piercing scream echoed through the halls. Melbil had come back, but couldn't enter the fort because beat blocked his path. Even worse, it had spotted him and breathed its withering dust on him.

The other immediately sprang to action, to save their comrade. The hope was, at least thats what Beirus told me, that they could overwhelm it before it could breath its dust again. Sadly, that was not the case. Dewsif, ShadowHammer, Spehss and Vela where caught in the dust while trying to kill the worm and drag the wounded Melbil to safety. Amidst the chaos, a lucky bolt from Goden managed to kill it, but the damage was done.

The first to arrive back into the fortress proper was Mafiawhale, who frantically shouted for Doctor Skull and to prepare the dormitory for wounded. Whe feared the worst when we heard slow footsteps coming up the stairways. What we then saw, was worse then everything we immagined.

I only saw ShadowHammer myself, I bolted to get cloth and other supplies for Doctor Skull immediately after seeing his state. His eyes where a dull white and while it seemed that he was still able to walk on his own, he still had his hand on the walls to find his way. His whole body was covered in the powder the beast had spat at him and below that, his skin looked pale and miscolored. The worst however, was the smell. It reeked of rotting flesh.

Doctor Skull is currently threating them. Word is, that the smell is the result of their flesh, down to bones, is indeed rotting. The doctor is doing is best, but many of us are fearing the worst.

6th Galena 663
We found Nails daughter Bembol in one of the mineshafts today. Nobody passed there by mere chance, it was the smell that led Frontestro to investigate.
There is no sign how she got in contact with the poison that is slowly killing our militia, but the signs where the same. White eyes and the musty smell of rotten flesh.
I don't know who brought her to the hospital, I must admit to my own shame that I couldn't stomach to enter the doors that are plagued by flys since the fatefull battle. The girl was very and there where whisper that it might be to late. I think it was to late the moment she was infected by this plague.
Seeing grown dwarves in this state was bad enough, seeing a girl of barely over a year covered in black sores, blood and pus running down her body... The Fell Peak is living up to its name now.

11th Galena 663
Idek slowly walked through the narrow tunnel that was the back entrance to the dormitory, a piece of cloth pressed to his face in a futile attempt to protect himself from the stench that crept through the door in front of him. Originally, this tunnel was dug to allow the militia quicker access to the tower, so that anyone sleeping in the dormitory could aid the defense of Igrishilrom within seconds. Now it was the only used entrance to the dormitory, since opening the double doors that where the main entrance would mean to release the smell into the whole fortress.
He waved his left hand in front of the doorknob to get rid of at least some of the flies that sat there. Usually, small groups of these things where coming up from the caverns, searching for food. Now they where sitting everywhere on this door, creeping thorugh the narrow gaps in it to get inside the hospital. It was a misnomer to call the room that. Just some beds and tables, nothing more was in there.

As he pushed the door open, the smell got even worse and the buzzing of flies was filling the air. With shaky steps, he entered the rough hewn room and despite the revolted feeling that crept through him, he looked around to see for himself what others had described in hushed tones. To the left of him still stood the beds. He had slept there for months after the founding of the settlement, but now they where covered with bload soaked bandages, discarded clothing and the wrapped up bodies of the unfortunate members of the militia that where fighting for their lifes for nearly a month now. He could see that Dewsif was trying to lift his head to see who had came in, but he lacked the strength to do so and his milky eyes told clearly that he probably wouldn't have seen Idek anyway.
On the other side of the room stood Doctor Skull, operating on the dwarf that laid on the table before him, if the dirty and blood caked head was any indication it was Spehss since she was the only one of the sick that shaved her head. Next to the seemingly unconscious dwarf stood a goblet and a half eaten plump helmet on a plate, now mostly covered by flies. Skull was basically living in here now, constantly working to save the lifes of his patients. How he could stand it in here, Idek had no idea.

Spehss laid flat on her stomach, while Skull worked on her back. There was a short grinding noise and a weak grunt told Idek that Spehss was far from unconsciouss. Meanwhile the doctor laid a hand on her head and spoke with a ragged voice to her.
"I need to get everything off from the bone. Hold out for a short moment longer, im nearly done." The grinding sound came back and Spehss did her best to bite the yell down that tried to escape her. After what seemed like hours, the grinding stopped and Spehss relaxed again. A large red-black glob was lifted with a pair of thongs and dropped on the pile of bloody bandages and what Idek now could identify as discarded bits of flesh next to the table. It was nearly as high as the table itself.
"What brings you here?" Idek was pulled out of his morbid reverie, but the doctor didn't stop working. "I... I thought..." He looked around the room again, at the blood covering the floor and in some places even the walls, the flies hungrily feasting on the decay all around him and the dieing forms of two of his oldest companions in Igrishilrom on the beds. What was it that he was thinking? What could he accomplish here? "You shouldn't be here Idek." "No... I need to be here. I can't..." He shook his head to get his thoughts in order. "I brought them here. We've build this place together and I can't let them die here alone just because..." Unable to find the right words, he just weakly gestured around the room. "I don't think they are even really aware of your presence anymore." The doctor let out a deep sigh and grabbed the goblet, taking a deep gulp from it. "Look. They are rotting faster then I can cut the dead flesh out. Once im done with Spehss here, its Dewsifs turn again. Then Melbil, Vela, ShadowHammer and we are beginning with Spehss again... If they all hadn't asked me to do whatever was necessary to save them, I would have given them a painless death weeks ago. But these stubborn nutjobs decided that they where needed here."

While listening to him, Ideks gaze had begun to wander again, as if trying to find a inconsistency in this nightmare. Something that would allow him to wake up. Nothing of the sort was in sight and his gaze lingered for a moment on a sheet of pigtail cloth, draped over what probably was another lumpy pile of discarded bandages. The once grey cloth was nearly completely dyed in a splotchy red and black now. Alev and Lòr, their deaths where bad enough, but at least they had died quick, not started to decompose while their bodys where still alive. The he noticed something odd and brought his eyes back around to Doctor Skull. "What about Bembol. You didn't mention her. Is she getting better?" There was a short clattering noise as Skull dropped his tools. For the first time since Idek had entered, he stopped working and after a few seconds of silence took the goblet again. "Bembol was critical when she was brought her. The feet where already completely gone, the calfs mostly too. She had a small cut on the right elbow, probably from falling down when her legs didn't support her anymore..." A short pause, filled again by a mouth full of wine. "I had to take off both legs and her arm... but I couldn't stop the bleeding and there was not much blood left in her to begin with... I gave her as much liquor as necessary..." Idek had watched him in stunned silence, his brain refusing to understand what he was being told. "Skull? Where is she?" The doctor had gone back to work and without pausing pointed into the corner of the room where the beds stood. Slowly, Idek looked into the direction he was pointing. There was sheet of pigtail cloth, dyed a spotchy red with blood, draped over a small, lumpy thing, that was once a little girl.

Notes: The full effect of the syndrome is immediate blindless, followed by massive necrosis of all skin, flesh and bones. Internal organs are not affected so it might be survivable. It also leads to total loss of sensory nerves, but im not sure if thats a seperate effect or a result of the necrosis.

@Iamblichos: I think you are doing a very good job at keeping a diary. I would like to give you some input for that, but you are mostly cutting gems and little else these days.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile

Sounds a bit like zombification except with blindness.
Crack-a-lack-a

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile

Well, you are giving me plenty of stuff to work with!

10th of Galena 663
My little Bembol is gone. I suppose it is fitting that the one born on this mountain is also the first of our family to pass. And she did so in a fashion no other place could provide and in the true spirit of art and and and.... She left the prettiest picture as Dr. Skull carved away at her body and I made sure to burn every cut, every stitch, every crack in her skin into my memory. I will engrave her a beautiful slab. As I always say, true beauty is always tragic, tragic to the people concerned, tragic to their relatives, tragic to the artist, it doesn't matter. She was always so happy to see my engravings. Another thing I have always believed is that true art is found in the deformation of bodies, and as my turn to seeing all art equal continues, I come to realize this extends to professions not traditionally considered art. I looked at the others being treated, and their bodies too show both the the inimitable patterns of death the beast in the depths rained upon them and the Doctors immaculate carving-lines fighting for the continued existence of the host to this most beautiful of battles. Never before have I seen such a perfectly designed fight, not on the goblin's battlefields nor in their arenas or torture chambers, and certainly never was I this close to it, both physically and personally. I shall immortalize their struggle against their plight on our walls for all to see: We did not simply bow to the goblins and we did not simply bow to illness. If we will be victorious remains to be seen.

Mr. Braindead, could you tell me how the rest of my family fares? I believe I had a child before I migrated here.
Also, I hereby volunteer my husband to hospital work.
Otherwise: Contain.
left eye

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is my drawing of 'Hardywrings', that artifact hat.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fell Peak [Community Fortress] - platinum blunt weapons for everyone!
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2014, 02:31:40 pm »

11 Galena, 663

I hate to only write negative things in this diary.  I will start with something positive.  I cut a superlative opal yesterday, and the fiery orange flash that was present in the matrix was completely preserved in the table of the gem.  This gem would be a worthy addition to any item of furniture in a royal suite.  I have cut noble-quality spinel.  I have cut garnets, red, blue and clear, and all were of the first water.  I am proud of this.

It's not working.  I'm still terrified.

This used to be a decent place to live.  I expected things to be hard... the goblins conquered our cities in my grandparents' time.  They told me stories of death and destruction, the end of our way of life, the beginning of our long slavery.  I knew it would be hard to leave; I knew it would be impossible to stay.  Dwarves need freedom... and to be honest I couldn't stand to carve another damned bone.  But I didn't know independence would be like this.

We fought off the goblins (well, "we" meaning the city... the brave militia.  I just carve gems.)  I remember the pride and joy of seeing the ones who oppressed us for so long, running like... well, like frightened dwarves used to run in the cities.  They weren't the all-powerful fearsome goblins of my childhood fears, they were just people like us, wearing silly clothes, scared off by dwarves in real steel armor.  We were all so proud.

But now... Bad things have started appearing.  First there was a giant lizard with three eyes and huge bug jaws with enormous fangs.  It came from the caverns.  The military killed it, but more and more things like it started showing up.  There was some sort of bull monster. 

Now we are all scared.  Some... thing... appeared under the city, in the caves.  It came in the night.  We all heard the roaring, the sounds from below.  The cook said it was a hairy winged worm, surrounded with toxic fumes.  The militia killed it somehow, but now they are all rotting away.  Who will defend us with them gone?  What will we do?

Where do these horrible beasts come from?  Was this what the old dwarven cities dealt with, or is this some new hellish plot by the goblins?  Are they breeding and releasing these things... or worse, sending them after us?

I wish I knew.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2014, 08:28:48 pm »

(I was debating whether I should keep a journal. Then other people started doing it. Then by now I've discovered I'm bedridden in the hospital completely blind and infected with kitten rot.Well. I certainly have some decent writing material. Not like my dwarf can write anything at the moment. Internal monologue of rambling thoughts ho!)

...well, this wasn't what I expected would occur from that fight with that shaggy worm. I expected we'd all die horribly. I'm not dead though. Just blind...and rotting from the inside out apparently...and bedridden. And stuck alone with my thoughts. Hmmm. Maybe this really is worse than I expected. I can't feel anything. I guess that's the rot working. Dr. Skull tries to keep us informed on what our condition is like while he's working. Said that our sensory nerves stopped working today, probably from rot. He ain't much for conversation though, and it's hard to talk when your mouth is rotting and there's a dude rummaging around in your ribcage. He and Idek had a talk today. Apparently everyone's bad off. Must be a gruesome sight. How *airquotes*fortunate*airquotes* that I'm blind then.

I'll probably die. Or go mad. Maybe both. I knew this would happen eventually, this mountain was bound to be the death of us eventually. I don't want to die though. Given my condition, I don't know if I want to live either. I'm blind. I can't see the world anymore. I feel nothing because my sensory nerves are rotted. I can't move much either. My body's become a prison, my life has become a prison. The only senses I have left are smell and hearing. And taste, I suppose. All I taste is rot, though. Best not to keep thinking about this.

Wonder what I'll do if I somehow survive. I wouldn't mind killing a couple goblins sometime. Greenskins named me Controlledwhip, mocking me for how terrified I was of lashings during my slavery. Said the whip controlled me. I'd like to show them a controlled whip. Maybe I should request a whip to fight with once I recover.

...who am I kidding though, I'm blind. Can I even move? I can't feel anything, I can't tell. I doubt I'll be much of a fighter if I live.

Farming's boring as watching grass grow though. And I always entertained that silly dream of creating a masterwork. Maybe I'll put in a request for an apprenticeship of some kind. Hell, maybe I'll ask for an engraving apprenticeship under Nail. She'd probably love me. Or at least love how I look. Oh, since I'm blind, I won't have to see any of her engravings anymore. Ha, nice.

Wonder how long it's been since I got this rot. Wonder what day it is. Wonder if I'll live. Probably not. Wonder if I'll just lie here rambling to myself until my brain rots.

Hmm, that kinda rhymed. Rot, not, rot. I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. Maybe I should try and be an artist. Rot not rot not rot not rot nooooot roooooot nooooooooot rewt newt root newt rotting root newts know not.

...Wonder how long it's been since I got this rot. Wonder what day it is. Wonder if I'll live. Probably not. Wonder if I'll just lie here rambling...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The sound of snoring mixes with the constant droning of flies in the hospital.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2014, 03:15:32 am »

Oh I'd love an apprentice! And I even paid you a visit after my daughter died. Stood there a looong time. Staring. Just staaaring.
left eye
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11