Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: The Fell Peak [Community Fortress] - platinum blunt weapons for everyone!  (Read 11976 times)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Fell Peak [Community Fortress]
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 06:33:03 pm »

dorf me please

name: Pyer
profession:engraver and/or mason
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 06:44:08 pm »

Yikes. That world sounds terrible. Dwarf please.

Name: Tasrak
Profession: Cook/Brewer/Butcher

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 06:47:23 pm »

After all, who would use a camel as a pack animal in a frozen tundra? That would be retarded.
Well, these are goblins and dwarves we're talking about. They aren't exactly the sharpest spoons in the drawer.

Anyway, interesting dwarf I am. Shaved head and super skinny with a scratchy voice and bad teeth. I'm the prettiest girl at the ball. Pessimistic, doesn't value her accomplishments and talents, quick to tire, really skinny. Not exactly like me, but it's kinda similar to me, except for the whole "girl" thing. And I could make for a decent soldier, with that high will and good spatial sense and average strength and agility. Only poor trait is how quick I am to tire.

I like the new dwarf personality traits for DF2014. Beirus dreams of raising a family but he doesn't care about friendship and makes tenuous emotional bonds with others. Kinda contradictory.

Also, Shadowhammer likes pink.  :P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »

Wait...what parameters did we end up with during the generation of the world? Can we expect a reasonable amount of minerals and ores? Because if the Mountainhomes hears of us...

"Aight, where sh'we 'ead off to?"

"There's 'at fortress down south, Fell Peak. Sure they got plenty ta trade."

"That's deep in greenskin territ'ry, ice-cold, buried in undead, sitting on a volcano and ravaged by berserking nutters. No way in hell."

"But..."

"Nay. 'At's final."

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 08:14:18 pm »

Name: Fishybang.
Profession: Fisherdwarf :3
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 08:28:16 pm »

Mmmm... Interesting...

Name: Guylock
Profession: Sword Dwarf

Slayer of Evil and Defender of Innocence!

Mafiawhale

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever a lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »

Name: Mafiawhale

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 11:59:46 pm »

I'm really happy with my dwarf. He's awesome.
Hmph. Real men dwarves like pink.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 12:19:35 am »

I'm really happy with my dwarf. He's awesome.
Hmph. Real men dwarves like pink.

My braces are pink, if that makes me anymore of a man :3
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 12:49:12 am »

Some things I wanted to respond to:

World: This is actually one of the nicer (and warmer) worlds this seed generated.
Dwarves arent extinct and only half of it is covered by snow and evil glaciers.
That said, considering the settings, this fortress has probably a yearly mean temperature of -30ºC.

Minerals: I cranked the minerals up quite a bit since even the normal settings get you an abundance of metals, just interspaced with an annoying amount of exploratory mining.
On the other hand, this mountain is rather special and it would make sense for more minerals to be a side effect of it.

Trade: Storywise, the first caravans will be roving merchants and refugees. Its unlikely the sole remaining dwarven civ
will even learn of Igrishilrom, let alone decide that sending a caravan across a whole continent worth of gobbos an undead to the ass end of nowhere for a visit.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 05:16:32 am »

Name: Glendale Vorus
Profession: Wrestler/brawler, base it on the dwarf with the highest toughness.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:02 am »

Its unlikely the sole remaining dwarven civ will even learn of Igrishilrom, let alone decide that sending a caravan across a whole continent worth of gobbos an undead to the ass end of nowhere for a visit.

Never underestimate dwarves

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 09:07:32 am »

Never underestimate dwarves

Words to live by.  I can hardly wait... somewhere, Iamblichos the dwarf is watching for a chance to run away.  Surely, even death in the snowy wastes is preferable to another year of cutting substandard gems for the greenskins.  All they want is cabochons, and half of the rocks they bring aren't even gems.  Yes.  Anything is better than that.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »

Dorfings are noted and will be carried out as soon as we get immigrants.

The Log of Idek
23th Granite 660
Progress is slow. Castor and Fortestro managed to dig two small rooms into the rock but between the lack of food and the icy wind that blows up the mountain from the north, they are hard pressed to keep standing, let alone break apart solid rock.
Sadly, the rooms are simply to cold for us to live in there. The frost is creeping in from outside and even the proximity to the volcano isnt helping much. Castor assured me that it would probably get better if we dig deeper into the rock and so we agreed to excavate more rooms while those of us without picks will bring our meager supplies into the already cleared rooms.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3rd Slate 660
Once they fell into a steady rythm, the girls got much faster and we already have the expansion finished.
It got indeed warmer the farther we went from the entrance. Without the wind blowing into the rooms they are livable, if far from comfortable.
We have build some workspaces by hauling some boulders together and Frontestor was starting to carve some doors to close of the entrance. Meanwhile, Spehss slaughteres the yaks to provide us with some much needed meat.
Beirus and I are mostly busy hauling stuff around for the others and Dewsif and ShadowHammer set out to explore the mountain a bit more and maybe hunt a few of the goats we sometimes heards.

Speaking of Beirus. He is very excited by the metal ores we found in the walls of our new home. I think once the immediate necessitys are taken care of, he will want to build a forge.

6th Slate 660
So far we had no luck with hunting the mountain goats. Dewsif noted that they where much more nervous than normal. Constantly watching around and ready to bolt as if something big with many teeth was just a few meters away. Today we found out why.

ShadowHammer was just trying to get the drop on a lone goat again, but it just ran away as he got closer. When he looked around, he saw that the animal probably hadnt run from him.
Some weird mist was creeping up the mountain from the south, undeterred by the fact that the wind blows mostly from the north in this area. He wasnt eager to get a closer look and ran back to our hideout.
We agreed to stay inside for now. All of our supplies have been hauled in from the surface and the animals around here seem to used to dodge this clouds for any of us to sneak up on them.

Of course, this presents a problem in the terms of food. The plan was to keep us fed by hunting the local wildlife since farming on barren rock is simply not possible. For now we locked the doors to the outside tigthly and decided to go to sleep for now. Maybe we will find a solution tomorrow.

8th Slate 660
Spehss came up with a rather ambitious plan. She thinks we could farm in the tundra at the base of the mountain, if we dig down from here even without risking to encouter this strange fog. Obviously not everyone was thrilled by that idea, since it means to dig a very long shaft down the slope. She just countered with a very graphic description what would happen to us if we dont get a reliable foodsource soon. I guess her cheery nature has its advantages sometimes.

1st Felsite 660
Work on the shaft into the tundra continous. Being holed up in here for nearly a month has resulted in us falling into some strange routine.
Dewsif and ShadowHammer are sparring a lot, probably goin stircrazy. Spehss is constantly checking on the few seeds we got and trys to keep them from freezing. If that happens we are without a doubt doomed.
Beirus and I are mostly sitting around and sometimes checking up on Castor and Fortestro. Once they get tired, we take over for them and they get back up and rest for a while.
We still have a lot of yak meat left, but progress is slow and we all wonder if it will last long enough.

Notes: Not much happening yet. I wanted to have some more rooms done until summer but getting farms set up will take both of our miners quite a while.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11