Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Language Overhaul - 0.6 - Forgotten Beast Edition  (Read 11262 times)

Emilovich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Language Overhaul - 0.6 - Forgotten Beast Edition
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2021, 04:13:23 pm »

I think this mod deserves more attention, it's likely the finest language overhaul mod out there IMO. Per Tolkien's own philosophy, memorable names are key to a memorable story, and it's admittedly a bit hard in vanilla DF to get attached to a place called "Beachedslopped" or something similar.

One thing I've noticed though that I'd like to report (it's probably been reported already but just in case), the game seems to register all the new names as unusual first names and so in adventure mode it can get a bit tiresome to always have NPCs commenting on how rare my character's name is (especially if they have the same name themselves). Is this intended or is it, as I suspect, a bug?

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm unfamiliar with this feature and I can't find anything about how it works. Definitely a bug though, but hasn't been reported before. If I knew which names it happens with, I might be able to fix it.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Language Overhaul - 0.6 - Forgotten Beast Edition
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2021, 08:14:15 pm »

It's a feature normally reserved for when an adventure mode player customizes their character's first name themselves and as far as I know shouldn't be happening with names generated by the AI. Seems like it might only be happening with human names for whatever reason, but I'll try to gather a more complete dataset through gameplay and then get back to you.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 04:15:06 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]