Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: [47.03] All Races Playable mod  (Read 73924 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: [47.03] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2020, 07:46:06 pm »

For anyone who is running into issues with this mod - it's an easy fix. Rather than uploading a copy of Lovechild's mod, I'll just post how to fix it here.

Download a fresh copy of the mod.
Open entity_default.txt.
Scroll down to "[ENTITY:EVIL]"
Change "[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0]" to "[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100]"
Remove "[PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_CLEANER]"

Save and install as normal. First world I generated had all 4 races playable, no crashes either.

Further information on this bug can be found here.

Krutzelpuntz

• Bay Watcher
  • [CHILD:64]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2020, 08:23:51 am »

Spoiler: delphonso quote #1 (click to show/hide)
I had this problem too, I have yet to get a world with playable goblins. Don't know what is wrong, but most world do have goblins as neighbors.
Just can't play as them.

Spoiler: delphonso quote #2 (click to show/hide)
This did not work for me either, game kept crashing at year 0.
Any other ideas how to fix this?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2020, 09:11:59 am »

I have gotten a few crashes after longer testing, but only 1 every ten or so worlds. I always play pocket sized, though, which probably has something to do with it.

I would dig further into that bug report and see if there are additional fixes people have made. It is almost 100% contained in the goblin raws.

Artwr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2020, 09:00:24 pm »

My First post ever!
First of all, thanks for this mod.
Got this mod to play as elves; the radicalism of their ways was infuriating at first, but while exploring this gameplay a necromancer started to devour all the island, and now I'm hooked by this new challenge. You can "dodge" trees in a heavily forested area building tall and not so wide towers and wide open roofs way above them; kinda like you're making a giant tree yourself. It is interesting. But somehow, elves are unable to sell their own grown wood to other elves or worse: they can't make quivers.
I can understand not selling wood items as a matter of supply and demand, but the absence of quivers is... weird. We always expect elves to be bowmasters. This is somewhat game breaking: ranged fortifications hanging from the trees would be my salvation. My giant bears ended up killed before I could pile their numbers, and now wooden clad warriors are the last line of defence in this small world.
Got two quivers: one from an enemy a bear killed, other from a kinda bugged imigrant, with ambusher skill. LNP's labormanager was unable to deactivate it, but manual worked normal.
Only two archers. May the forces of the forest bless us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]