Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: [50.01] All Races Playable mod  (Read 121340 times)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.19+] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2015, 09:32:26 am »

Trying to figure out how to play as elves, are they just supposed to chop down trees like everyone else? I'm not seeing a special mechanic for 'growing' the trees.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.19+] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2015, 03:27:09 pm »

you have a reaction to grow wood from seeds. however, they cannot brew plants. therefore, you should gather plants like rope reed and spam plant processing reactions.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2015, 07:00:30 pm »

At long last, here is an update for DF 0.40.24!

Download

This update adds a few new labors to elves, most notably mechanics. Elves can make wooden mechanisms at the Craftsman's Workshop, so you can set up cage traps and actually catch some of those exotic animals.

Also, goblins can now train evil animals for war (or hunting). Thanks to dehimos for pointing out this was missing!

Note that version 1.4 is compatible with saves using 1.3 - just drag the raw folder into your region folder.

I think Artifacts should be a Dwarf thing. I don't know if it's possible to change that in the raws, but not having strange moods with other races would make dwarves more clearly different. Artifacts are as much a disadvantage as an advantage in many ways.

There is no way to disable artifacts for specific races, but you can go into data/init/d_init and set [ARTIFACTS:NO] before you start a nondwarf settlement to stop moods and artifacts from appearing.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Deadlyhooves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 01:59:52 pm »

Hey so just letting you know I love the mod!

I'm doing a let's play for it! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5F9ZTEtwPU&list=UUeFzQs3rqCvZnQlNG4xSDbA

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2015, 02:23:56 pm »

Awesome mod. Absolutely a must-have, as far as I'm concerned. Goblins are easily my favorite race.

That said, how would I go about fiddling with which metals they can and can't work? I'd like to do a bit of tweaking.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 05:15:16 am »

Awesome mod. Absolutely a must-have, as far as I'm concerned. Goblins are easily my favorite race.

That said, how would I go about fiddling with which metals they can and can't work? I'd like to do a bit of tweaking.

alloys are determined by the [PERMITTED_REACTIONS] in the entity file. which metals would you like them to have?

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 01:45:21 pm »

It would be great if this mod came pre-packaged. so you don't have to mess around with the raws of vanila dwarf fortress and it came as a seperate mod. So you could continue with the dwarf fortress you have in the vanilla, then jump over to this mode and start up a goblin, elf or human fortress.Also if the mod was a seperate entity to vanila, some phoebus graphics would be great. Anyway well done to the creator of this mod you have done a great job.

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2015, 12:52:24 pm »

alloys are determined by the [PERMITTED_REACTIONS] in the entity file. which metals would you like them to have?

Apologies for the lateness of my response, I didn't have much time in the last week. Yesterday, though, I did sink most of the day into my newest Goblin fort, and after ample experimentation I've come to the conclusion that Goblin metallurgy is actually fine as-is.

I did, however, come up with a couple more questions about the Goblin end of things.
  • It seems as though if I miss a caravan-- for any reason, even once-- they just stop showing up entirely. It's been four years without a trade caravan, now, and I don't seem to have gotten any message about it. I still get huge migrant waves (average number of migrants is about twenty per wave). Is this normal, or is something buggered?
  • Yesterday marked my first foray into non-stone/wood/bone crafts. Was really looking forward to getting a ceramics industry running, but I can't seem to do anything with the clay I collect. The only task available from the kiln is to collect clay. Is this intentional, or am I just trying to go about it wrong? It just struck me as kind of odd, because I can readily produce glass from glass furnaces and it doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense to me that they can create glass and not ceramics. 

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2015, 04:34:15 pm »

1. No idea. It's the first time I hear about something like this
2. glass reactions are hardcoded, but most kiln reactions are not. if they don't have the PERMITTED_REACTIONS needed for the kiln in their entity file, you'll only be able to collect clay. I agree, however. Goblins should indeed have access to clay industry.

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »

1. Figured I'd ask. Thanks anyway.
2. Ah, interesting. I'll poke around in the raws after the "fun" level in my current fort gets out of control. Failing all else, I'll just copy all the clay/kiln stuff over from the Dwarves to the Goblins.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2015, 01:54:56 am »

Does this mod work with tilesets? If so, does anyone have any recommendations?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2015, 02:01:26 am »

I don't see anything that would interfere with tilesets or graphics in the download, so it should work, unless it changes the IDs of some races.

I use a personally modified version of Phoebus, but there are plenty of options to look through in the tileset and graphics subforum.

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 03:07:13 pm »

I can confirm that it works just fine with Spacefox.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2015, 02:04:42 am »

Out of curiosity, can elves hunt and fish? I don't see the skill, so I assume not.

I'm trying to plot out a good embark. I figure lots of woodworking at the very least.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:13:44 am by Rekov »

Rokonuxa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »

God I needed this mod. This was the first instance of me searching what I want and finding it on the first page of a forum. I cannot imagine playing without it now. Humans and goblins ftw.
There are some things I'd like to mention.

Someone said, that goblins don't use great axes to cut wood. I can pretty much confirm that. Have a fortress right now, where nobody cut a tree. When i decided to solve it by retiring and adventuring with an axeman, it was useless because he had a great axe. Joy. Eventually my *fancy* stone crafts attracted immigrants and then a single woodcutter with his own axe. Called him "the holy woodcutter".

I also collected a ton of clay, in anticipation of getting wood to burn it into pots and stuff. Goblins dont do that. While they willfully created a workshop with all the tools for pottery, they dont do it. I am still offering a regular barrage of clay into each caravan that comes by. Slightly irritating.

Also, inbetween the retiring switcheroo some elves appeared and claimed to be brooker and bookkeeper of my fortress. Didnt belong to it though, meaning I couldnt assign them officces and stuff. When a caravan came and the elf didnt move his pinky to trade, i slayed him since i couldnt reassign a goblin. Turns out, that is because goblins can't have brookers. The caravan traders are most of the time ecstatic about the deals they make.

But damn, even if that is the case, great mod.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14