Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: [50.01] All Races Playable mod  (Read 120262 times)

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.02] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2018, 04:42:35 pm »

Thanks Lovechild!

I should have looked to the wiki myself, thanks for the input!!
I will edit this post with some SCIENCE! as soon as the attempt is made - I will put my trolls in a separated squad and order them to equip helms, we will see what they will wear.
I am also interested in why isn't there a troll-sized option in the first place - goblin do start with trolls, and without those kind of animal men - is it because trolls are sentient but not a civilization? They do count as animals at embark.

EDIT: SCIENCE! might take some times, I made the mistake of war-training my trolls, I cannot put them in a squad and so I don't know how to have them equipped. As the goblin merchant didn't carry any troll in this first trip, I can be forced to wait for natural reproduction of my couple. It may take some times.
EDIT2: "!!science!!" was less innovative than expected. As Lovechild said, Trolls can wear Polar Bear Men's and One or Two Humped Camel Men's clothes and armor, use weapons and all. It must be stressed with new players NOT to "war train" (or hunt train) them. Training the trolls to a role keeps them from becoming squad members in the military, which allows to give them exactly the armor (and weapons, and training) that you want.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:39:21 am by Mediterraneo »
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.06] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2018, 04:07:33 am »

This mod should work in 0.44.06 with no problems.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2018, 06:46:21 pm »

This mod should work in 0.44.06 with no problems.

Huh. It seems to make DF crash on mine. Copying it into an existing (uncompressed) save results in some error message about giant toads, while copying it into the main raws folder just creates a generic error/crash upon attempting to generate world.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2018, 04:18:22 am »

Putting the mod in an existing save never works. But crashing on worldgen is odd, that hasn't happened to me. Are all the files in the right place?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2018, 04:17:12 pm »

Putting the mod in an existing save never works. But crashing on worldgen is odd, that hasn't happened to me. Are all the files in the right place?

I copied the raw files straight into the raw files of my game; it overwrote 6 files. And it actually crashes in the middle of history generation, at year 45 of these settings. I tested generating a normal world without using advanced settings and it seems to work. I'm going to try and narrow down what makes it crash now.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2018, 03:19:33 am »

A small update to bring beak dogs and unicorn in line with 0.44.07. Compatible with existing saves - just drag the raw folder into your region folder in data/save.

Download

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.07] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2018, 12:01:24 pm »

Do u plan to make it compatible with version 44.09?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2018, 02:19:45 pm »

There is no significant difference between 44.07 and 44.09(raws wise), so it should work either way.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2018, 09:07:09 am »

I cant make it work with any graphic pack ;x

JDresdin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2018, 01:29:57 pm »

Great little mod, but would it be possible to make a Phoebus friendly version? It mostly works as it is except for the map (local and global), and as one of the ones who learned playing DF with a tileset, it is spectacularly ugly for me.

Or if you know of a workaround to making both work that would also be great (I don't have much DF modding experience). Thanks again for making this mod! I hope DF incorperates playable humans soon.

Edit: by workaround I don't mean just adding tags, but putting in all the noble and job title stuff without having to manually edit raws.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:32:41 pm by JDresdin »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.10] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2018, 05:33:07 am »

This mod should work in 0.44.10 without problems.

Great little mod, but would it be possible to make a Phoebus friendly version? It mostly works as it is except for the map (local and global), and as one of the ones who learned playing DF with a tileset, it is spectacularly ugly for me.

Or if you know of a workaround to making both work that would also be great (I don't have much DF modding experience). Thanks again for making this mod! I hope DF incorperates playable humans soon.

Edit: by workaround I don't mean just adding tags, but putting in all the noble and job title stuff without having to manually edit raws.

I don't know much about graphics modding, I think you'd need to go over the entity and creature files and change the entries manually. Maybe someone with more graphics experience knows a better way.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.11] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2018, 06:49:47 pm »

This mod should work fine in 0.44.11. I'm not sure if races other than dwarves will be able to get new attached sites founded or linked in Fortress mode. If you play as non-dwarves, I'd love to hear about your results!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: [0.44.11] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2018, 07:39:01 pm »

Mispost.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile