Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: [50.01] All Races Playable mod  (Read 120264 times)

Klekavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.12] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2018, 03:11:09 pm »

Is it not possible to have elves create "grown" wood logs and items like vanilla elves have, and for their embark items to be "grown" wood, etc? That would solve a lot of the contradictory weirdness and let elves trade their wood items with elven caravans. But if it's not possible for you to implement, then oh well.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2018, 11:42:15 am »

Elves' best bet is to sell clothing as far as I can tell. It gets you seeds for wood, and clothing can get decent value.

I mod Elves to have farming though, so that makes it easier still.

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2018, 10:19:08 am »

I was playing with goblins and discovered a strange bug. My civilization turned a goblin into a master. But the title of master is not defined in the files: it is a position without options (but he has mandates).

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2018, 11:33:51 am »

Master is pretty much a monarch position handled by [VARIABLE_POSITIONS] for one of 2 dark tower generated roles (master & general using [MONARCH and GENERAL id tags]), was there any fanfare like the dwarven monarch or were you just assigned?

For roleplaying your new goblin mountainhome of sorts (check in the top left of the z screen for county title) you might want to equip them with the typical monarch features like a throne room and a decent tomb to your own specifications. Though it might be bad news for tavern brawlers because striking the master or any notable goblin noble is punishable by execution by the only upheld goblin law of treason to ensure the continued rule of the master & their subordinate nobles.

You can overwrite the monarch noble with your own iteration with the kind of requirements and behaviour you want, im not sure if the demon will fill it though or just occupy it by default because of the nature of how demons form towers.

Don't use the code below, its just for example purposes.
Code: [Select]
[POSITION:MONARCH]
[NAME_MALE:master:masters]
[NAME_FEMALE:mistress:mistresses]
[NUMBER:1]
[SPOUSE_MALE:master's consort:master's consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:mistesses consort:mistresses consort]
[SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:GENERAL] //the goblin defined overwrite or undefined variable general
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
[PRECEDENCE:1]
[SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION_SPOUSE]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION] // etc etc. fill in foward from here.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:40:59 am by FantasticDorf »

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2018, 12:11:35 pm »

It was assigned. In fact, the master and the outpost liaison were assigned at the same time.

In the next game, I will try my own [POSITION: MONARCH].

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2018, 01:33:00 pm »

If your exceptionally lucky and if everything runs smoothly you'll have 1 properly assigned demon monarch you can summon into your site when you reach the hardcoded prequisites, or least a goblin civilian with a over-inflated ego who took their place when the demon kicked the bucket because they were made out of ash, or were attacked by a giant elephant.

Giant elephants are super reliable demon slayers for reference in worldgen for reference, only second to the occasional biome titan or megabeast.

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2018, 01:20:07 pm »

Yes, after entering the monarch option, the demon appeared. https://i.imgur.com/0YGn4In.png

I have seen that beak dogs don't reproduce. I guess they should be considered invaders for the game.

With the new system of "emotions", the goblins are more afraid of the dead and become more depressed. Most are cured fighting in a squad, but some I cann't get back. From Dwarf Therapist, even if they don't eat or drink, it affects them emotionally.

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2018, 01:48:57 pm »

I believe beakdogs use nest boxes. I haven't played as the goblins in a while though.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2018, 03:11:23 pm »

[PET] (or pet exotic and modding) if you're adding beakdogs from scratch on a older version, plus some QOL life additions for having them in fortress (extra things like [TRADE_CAPACITY] or [TRAINABLE] come in handy)

Beakdog eggs are worth x3 times as much due to modifiers, but goblins aren't omnivorous and wont eat foods made entirely out of eggs, and hence need some meat mixed into it to make it edible. Beakdog skins are valuable and rainbow colored, all around the beak dog is a very reliable animal both industrially and on attack/defence.

Nice to see your monarch worked, ill be sure to try it in my own modding for reference as i wasn't sure it was entirely possible at first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:19:46 pm by FantasticDorf »

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:48 pm »

In the archives, the beak dogs are [PET] and TRAINABLE]. My problem was the eggs.

I believe beakdogs use nest boxes. I haven't played as the goblins in a while though.

Yep, nest boxes was necessary.

Thanks.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2018, 02:53:42 am »

Hi again Lovechild. Let me know if you have any objections to me including the "All Races Playable mod" into my next DF mod. With credit of course.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

SirQuinnalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2018, 04:18:47 pm »

Elves are so hard to play ;-;
I was really looking forward to just building a castle out of wood, and using a ton of cage traps to get some exotic stuff and train them.
However gaining wood is nearly impossible so far.

Edit: I dunno what seeds they're using but I'm finally making logs....However the plants I gathered are withering since no barrels.
Edit 2: After whatever seeds are needed to convert to wood were collected, my wood began to boom. Welp time for a tree fort. This is still quite de the challenge.
edit 3: Weregila got my army while they were training. Their bows, their swords, their spears. No match for the weregila! When it turns back into a human mid way and runs off. Infecting 3 of my people and leaving half the pop dead.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:33:40 pm by SirQuinnalot »

fehtuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2018, 05:58:37 am »

Not sure if this mod is still active but I've noticed a few issues with elves.

They're currently unable to produce bookcases despite these being made from wood.

Also they have no access to leather working, which is fine but that means they cannot make quivers, could a cloth or wood version be added?

Absolutely love the mod and they way it makes the races fit with vanilla  :)

fehtuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2018, 06:12:24 am »

Elves are so hard to play ;-;
I was really looking forward to just building a castle out of wood, and using a ton of cage traps to get some exotic stuff and train them.
However gaining wood is nearly impossible so far.

Edit: I dunno what seeds they're using but I'm finally making logs....However the plants I gathered are withering since no barrels.
Edit 2: After whatever seeds are needed to convert to wood were collected, my wood began to boom. Welp time for a tree fort. This is still quite de the challenge.
edit 3: Weregila got my army while they were training. Their bows, their swords, their spears. No match for the weregila! When it turns back into a human mid way and runs off. Infecting 3 of my people and leaving half the pop dead.

Here's a few tips I've found playing them:

Elves don't need specific seeds unless you want to grow featherwood. Embark with two plant gatherers, a carpenter, and two woodcrafters and you'll be churning out wood before you know it.

Being unable to change the terrain makes traps ineffective for fortress defence but Elves have relatively few  industries which means they can field a larger military than other races and constantly churning out logs gets your woodcrafters to legendary fast, you should be able to field two squads equipped with masterpiece wood before the end of the second year.

Dump excess plants, you'll need to gather the whole map fairly regularly for rope reed/hemp and you'll end up with a few thousand asparagus.

Counter-intuitively, Forests are a bad embark for Elves. You need to build tall and trees get in the way of that. Forest edges and flat valleys are recommended.

Always embark somewhere savage, creatures don't attack you so you can focus on capturing and weaponising those giant dingos

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2018, 12:12:51 am »

I dunno if you know this but your mod doesn't seem to to let human lords appoint hearthpeople. The captains of the guard can but they are not tied to a site location and so are much more difficult to track down, and in addition they only spawn in cities. I dunno if this is intentional but it might be worth bringing to attention.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14