Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: [50.01] All Races Playable mod  (Read 120275 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.12] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2018, 03:11:00 pm »

can we have some embark profiles for this for each race?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2018, 03:50:35 pm »

I've been working on elves a little by using reactions and the provided alchemy workbench, if i have anything presentable ill share it here but im still thoroughly testing it.

However i do have a full elf-only plant roster through.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Growing plants and up-trading by relying on existing materials and grown ones (all the attached custom plants have raws, assured) is the kind of gameplay i had in mind, i have plenty of other things here too but im just testing right now and trying to find some gameplay potential from expanding upon the premise.

Humans could do the same with a trading post if money/equal object for bartering was a little easier to come by, sort of like the masterwork mod. Here's some ideas i have if i ever get round to finishing these tricky elves.

• Fur trader post for instance that will exchange raw skins = coins and other raw goods amineities collected, selling rare animal parts, woods, plants or directly selling your made craft goods.
Cash Crops, Tobacco etc you buy from some vendors to plant and make more money and other purely lucrative tool or active use objects.

• Certain workshop's disguised as vendors which take the appraiser/other skills to buy foriegn weapons or materials with stumped up cash forged or earned.
  • Exchanging high level items for valuable trinket items with large value modifiers in order to buy out caravans
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 07:01:05 pm by FantasticDorf »

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2019, 04:02:54 pm »

Is it possible that you could potentially make this mod or something like it compatible with Meph's Tileset & Utilities? It's a really cool feature but, considering that it can be finnicky with things specifically like Meph's tileset, which comes with a slew of other features, it'd be nice if there was something to make it compatible! I'm not sure how complex & involved that would be, so if it's difficult & irritating feel free to tell me off, but it's just a nice thought.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2019, 05:50:11 pm »

Are kobolds playable? If not, will they be later?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Bad_Goblin

• Bay Watcher
  • Ergh
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2019, 01:09:34 am »

Is it possible that you could potentially make this mod or something like it compatible with Meph's Tileset & Utilities? It's a really cool feature but, considering that it can be finnicky with things specifically like Meph's tileset, which comes with a slew of other features, it'd be nice if there was something to make it compatible! I'm not sure how complex & involved that would be, so if it's difficult & irritating feel free to tell me off, but it's just a nice thought.

You can potentially get this mod working with Mephs tileset, along with a lot of the utilities that are included in the launcher version however, not directly with the launcher itself as it overwrites the Raw’s this mod edits. That would be more of a question for Meph to see if he could collaborate with Lovechild to get this mod added to the launcher options.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:17:08 am by Bad_Goblin »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2019, 03:19:45 am »

i support this request.
diversity in playing options is always a great thing.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2019, 11:27:34 am »

You can potentially get this mod working with Mephs tileset, along with a lot of the utilities that are included in the launcher version however, not directly with the launcher itself as it overwrites the Raw’s this mod edits. That would be more of a question for Meph to see if he could collaborate with Lovechild to get this mod added to the launcher options.
I'm not familiar with Meph's Tileset & Utilities, but I think only the creature_standard and creature_subterranean files would get overwritten by applying a tileset, right? Those files don't have very big changes. (In creature_standard: [PETVALUE:500] for trolls, [PETVALUE:50] for beak dogs. In creature_subterranean: [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] for the underground animalmen.) You could apply the tileset files on top of the mod, then make the above changes to the creature files.

That's assuming the tileset's creature files are vanilla aside from the tiles of course, if there are other changes to them there might be problems.

Are kobolds playable? If not, will they be later?
Kobolds are playable in Adventure mode, but not Fortress mode. I don't have plans to make them Fortress playable, since that would require pretty big departures from how they are presented in the vanilla game (giving them different sites, and the ability to speak).
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2019, 10:46:29 am »

Lovechild, the changes were actually more significant than you thought considering there are stat edits and graphics changes that would be overwritten by your defaults. However, I've adapted the files to Meph's and have messaged you for permission to post them. However, I don't know if it got through because its not in my outbox, so I'll just ask here; Mind if I upload the raws for Meph's?

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2019, 05:51:04 pm »

Sure, go ahead.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2019, 09:38:25 pm »

I've played around with this mod for quite some time now and have a few interesting tid-bits and suggestions.

I've still run into the issue of goblins not being able to use great-axes to cut down trees. This could easily just be because of standard deviation of size randomly made my 7 too small to use them - it could have also been that a Troll stole it - didn't check into it too much.

Goblins can prepare carefully and get copper whips for 6 embark points. This is crazy low - especially as whips are broken right now. My starting seven became The Poisonous Lashers! Good advice if you're starting off and need a bit of help.

Interesting as well, I generated a world with a stupendous amount of monsters - all civs had died. On my first embark, I could choose any civ, I plopped down a human village and made them some walls. After that, I tried to make a dwarf fortress, but only the human civilization is available. This is an interesting example of how the game works - and isn't something you could or should 'fix'. The game will always let you start a fortress, if all civs are dead then the game lets you pick from any available civs. When you start a fortress, the civ is resurrected - meaning you have an alive civ to start from - your only choice. Interesting, but not important.

can we have some embark profiles for this for each race?
Reading through this thread, I think this would solve about 70% of the questions and complaints. I reckon this could be a user project, rather than lumping on Lovechild.

Elves produce wood like crazy and I've never been happier. Beds! ACTUAL BEDS! FOR EVERYONE!

Goblins can build Jeweler's workshops - but can't enable the labor for them to actually complete the workshop/use it.

I like the lack of coke for everyone but dwarves. It fits Goblins especially well - clearing vast forests for their crude weapons. It adds to the unique feel of each group. Elves pretty much need to embark somewhere with water and trees; goblins don't need to eat and are just little monsters; but I think human need something to make them more unique - I'm really not sure what it could be.

I don't know how trade works - as far as the raws go - but the goblin caravans that have arrived have brought only a few beakdogs, and no wagon - meaning my exports are pretty limited (especially because the first time I brought about 80 coal thinking I could refine it, then just sent about 5 back to the devilhomes every winter. It'd be nice if goblins could do a bit more trading - specifically, I'd suggest with the elves - and vice versa - this would be excellent if it triggered the tree diplomacy as well, especially with the goblin lack of coal. A nice balance.

Keep up the good work, hombre. This is a nice addition to the game - a nice change of pace when you need it. Especially fun in worlds with weak civilizations - the ability to build them up from nothing.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2019, 09:35:31 am »

As a suggestion, the value of whips might need to be changed. As it stands, I can bring copper whips along with my goblin party for a mere six points apiece. I'm bringing twenty, they seem like good civilian weapons.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2019, 11:07:50 am »

Trolls is important part of goblin civ. They can use big weapons even one-handed. Also they strong. And troll ivory and horn goblets for everyone!

I think, all civs must have more special nobles. If need function, but not idea - add function to other noble. Goblins not need sheriff because have soft ethic.

Add to goblin reaction of blood jolting (defibrination) to make drinkable blood. Add blood from butchering and using this blood in cooking.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2019, 12:01:54 pm »

Trolls is important part of goblin civ. They can use big weapons even one-handed. Also they strong. And troll ivory and horn goblets for everyone!

This is true, but they also have quite a few broken behaviours, i've been thinking about and definitely making a rare limited smart caste of troll (with a lot of skill learning penalties) to do fighting and heavy work and a dumb farm animal caste might definitely improve how they are implemented and blend into the goblin civ as a suggestion. Half and half being a slow-learner requires a lot of micro-management to do both farm (shearing, butchering them) and intelligent jobs (labor + enlisting them into the military).

I think, all civs must have more special nobles. If need function, but not idea - add function to other noble. Goblins not need sheriff because have soft ethic.

Nobles are good, a sheriff is replaced (in the dwarf civ) later by the captain of the guard, so goblin captain of the guard equivilent can do the job suitably. The sheriff + capt of the guard positions shall probably become more vital and interesting when the villian update hits since there will probably be plots to manage happening all over the place in goblin society due to poor morals.

Add to goblin reaction of blood jolting (defibrination) to make drinkable blood. Add blood from butchering and using this blood in cooking.

Masterwork has similar blood reactions drawn from the meat, perhaps you could make a 'extract blood from meat' reactions by creating a pseudo blood (glob easier to manage?) substance since meat is actually detached from blood entirely in materials, pasteurise and barrel it up further at a still and it'd be drinkable animal 'liquor' like Chaosvolt's kobold animal milk 'Kefir'.

Perhaps a syndrome effect could incentivise this over regular alcohol, if it not just being safe to drink without getting violently drunk/dead since goblins have poor tolerance and really get very, very angry when drunk. Ill have to make some scribbles of this idea its a good one.

tpssurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2019, 08:26:32 pm »

Do humans make artifacts?

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:31 am »

Do humans make artifacts?
They don't.

If you want them to, you can fix it by adding [STRANGE_MOODS] under [CREATURE:HUMAN] in creature_standard.txt and generating a new world.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14