Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: [50.01] All Races Playable mod  (Read 120260 times)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.12] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:38 am »

Do humans make artifacts?
If you want them to, you can fix it by adding [STRANGE_MOODS] under [CREATURE:HUMAN] in creature_standard.txt and generating a new world.

Do note, though, that it would drastically increase the amount of artifacts in worldgen - and tends to affect the political situation accordingly. A custom race I had making artifacts fought over them with each other non-stop. The only reason dwarves don't do this is their inexplicable pacifism, it seems.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2019, 10:05:18 am »

Do humans make artifacts?
Humans not craft artifacts, but can name normal weapon or armor. Example when kill HFS by this weapon. This weapon or armor will be artifact, but without highest quality craftsmanship.

tpssurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2019, 10:41:16 am »

“Do note, though, that it would drastically increase the amount of artifacts in worldgen - and tends to affect the political situation accordingly. A custom race I had making artifacts fought over them with each other non-stop. The only reason dwarves don't do this is their inexplicable pacifism, it seems.”
I should quote this properly but I’m on a mobile so it’s kinda funky.

It’s alright, I usually tend to set the maximum civ spawning as “5” (1 civ only per race)
And let it roll a couple of world gen to see which one is the most fitting for a roleplay.
I would like humans having crazy ideas and stuff to make new things!

I also would like to state a bug (probably not the place, though.
When I retired my human fortress, created a human hero adventurer and retired her at the fortress. I could not add her (her name was Niah) to the military. She was unable to, like children. She was a member of the fortress but wasn’t able to be assigned to a squad.

Another bug: when I retired her at the fortress and then unretired the fortress. The furniture on the rooms where in different places. Containers on same tile as beds, sometimes the beds where at a different spot.
Not sure if has any relation to this mod specifically.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:43:29 am by tpssurvivor »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2019, 03:54:37 pm »

Bit of a necro but just wanted to say im liking the mod so far as it covers all the playable races instead of adding some new weird unbalanced stuff. however, i decided to do some custom changes to the raws. not sure if they affect the interaction between the factions in worldgen but its to balance it out a bit:

1. Elves:

-inmortality is gone, they are the race with the longest lifespan (capped at 200 years maximum)
-they can do mining operations to a degree (cand dig, use stone and gems but metals, glass and pottery is out due to fuel)
-enabled fishing and butchering (they dont hunt but can catch animals, breed livestock and do some fishing along with their related animal product industry like milk, woold, leather, etc)
-enabled beekeeping and related industry (this technically is environmentally friendly)
-more plant related industry is avaliable to complement herbalism and brewing (planting crops, milling, pressing for oils and making dyes)

the idea was to balance out the Elven civilization by moving them out of extreme environmentalism and into something more manageable. they dont cut trees or actively hunt creatures but when the need arises they will grow their own wooden materials and take some animals from the environment to produce what they need before releasing it back. think of the indigenous people of the Amazon or other distant places on the world.

as an extra part i allowed Elves to grow and gather stuff from the underground so you can go for a "Dark Elves" thematic by being able to build your fortress underground too (not sure on the effectivity of wooden weaponry against FBs but it should be hilarious to watch)

2. Goblins:

-also lost their inmortality, Goblins age the same as Dwarves now
-they have to eat and drink (i get these changes were so they are some kind of a massive swarm but it feels unrealistic, also they have all the tools to keep a meat industry going on so i dont see why not)

3. Humans:

-following the thread i saw that Humans cannot make use of coal and instead had to rely on making charcoal, i added the necessary reactions for that

and well, that's all i have so far, i have yet to test the changes but i tried following the examples of the files and the wiki so i doubt the game will crash somewhere. if anyone wants my files i can past the raws later.

Berserk Knight

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2019, 08:16:59 pm »

I went with giving elves and humans access to everything except adamantine.
Of course, I also gave them penalties.
A small skill gain penalty to mining for humans (they just can't beat dwarves), while the elves get a much larger one for mining and other stone/metal/fire related skills.
Then elves get a severe penalty to skill gains for woodcutting, to the point where a lone elf clearing out the entire map would still be very bad at it.

Even with the ability to actually chop down trees if needed (such as "a tree popped right in the middle of a house in construction"), it's still a bad idea to do so with elves, since every elf that either chops down a tree or sees one get chopped down get severely depressed, with the one doing the chopping getting affected by both, becoming twice as depressed.
(The elf in the skill gain penalty example would most likely be completely insane at that point.)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.01] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2020, 12:50:38 pm »

The mod's updated for 47.01!

Download

Humans gained tons of nobles in the new DF. Of course, most of them don't do anything, but what self-respecting lord or lady wouldn't want a butler?

The modded goblin civilization caused worldgen to crash a lot. But I got around that by making it so goblin civs only appear when a dwarf fortress digs too deep in worldgen. That happens pretty often, so you won't be lacking goblins in your worlds.

If you want goblin civs to appear on their own, you can go into entity_default.txt, and under [ENTITY:EVIL], set [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0] to 100 instead. Just be prepared for a lot of worldgen crashes!
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.02] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2020, 03:35:49 am »

The mod needed a small update for 0.47.02, since the dwarven entity got a new tag.

Download
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.03] All Races Playable mod
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2020, 05:48:00 am »

Has anyone tried the mod with therapist? The game works well, but Therapist does not read the skills or labors changes correctly.

I don't know if I've broken something or it's a bug.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:18:14 am by dehimos »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2020, 05:55:08 am »

Bugs are to be expected in the new version of both DF and DT. What exactly is it not reading for you?

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2020, 06:06:17 am »

All. It's very strange: https://i.imgur.com/4OvnV6N.png

That's embark, last LNP, with humans. I've tried with elves and same result.

By default it shows me unmarked skills. And the general skills are random, they are checked and unchecked.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:18:25 am by dehimos »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2020, 07:29:16 am »

Just tested it with humans and goblins and it's working fine with DT vanilla. I'd guess it's something to due with DFhack and LNP, then.

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2020, 08:17:01 am »

Oh shit, I had DF Hack Automatic Job Assignments. Sorry for this stupid posts.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2020, 02:04:39 am »

So, the cure for crashes was to remove Fish Cleaner from non-eating entities. Are you planning to rerelease with that fix and keep the goblins starting at the beginning of the world, or what?

I ask only because on smaller and pocket-sized worlds, it's very hard to get a goblin civ up and playable. Necromancers wipe out the dwarves before that happens pretty regularly.

EDIT: after additional testing, I'm not sure why, but in several worlds I've generated, goblins existed as a civilization, but the civilization was not selectable to play.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:02:45 am by delphonso »

Guava sprinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2020, 05:57:49 pm »

Is this supposed to be working with the current version? Only dwarven civilizations are selectable on the embark screen

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2020, 09:45:59 pm »

May I use your mod as base for my mod? I want add and improve some mechanics by DFhack.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14