Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 35895 times)

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was that seriously the only error? lol.
That, I don't know. That was the most obvious.
As for the castes, i was trying to make them change colour ingame, but sadly enough that doesnt work.
[COLOR] changes the creature's colour.
[CASTE_COLOR] on the other hand, just changes the caste's colour. You need this one if you want to do that.

EDIT: Can someone make an entity as well? Chirps reproduce like crazy when left alone in the world.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:46:48 pm by Cerapter »
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you download and /overwrite/ your data folder? One one in the mod does not include everything to save on space and upload time.

EDIT:

Yeah, just dl'd the latest raws. My wagon immediately caught ablaze during embark, but no crashes . . .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:26:48 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it catches ablaze. I thought the smoke was because I always ordered its destruction first. Meh.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More specifically? wood products inside the cart immediately catch fire. has to be a problem with one of the temperature values of one of the plants or woods. So hard to pinpoint, everything in there catches fire so fast . .

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED_TEMPLATE_GRM]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BROWN]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:seed]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:seed]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:BROWN]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:slop]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:slop]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:BROWN]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:dust]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:dust]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:10300]
[SPEC_HEAT:800]
[IGNITE_POINT:9000]             <-- Burns at -555°C, below ABSOLUTE ZERO
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]

Fixed.

EDIT:
[MATERIAL_VALUE:10300]?! What the what!
Gnorm, I think that is yours, can you look through your raws, please?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:15:28 am by Cerapter »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can now embark pretty well and last for a while. So that's good.

The bad is that it seems everyone has died.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Im a lurking, waiting to pounce with videos with next-to-no-quality.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im a lurking, waiting to pounce with videos with next-to-no-quality.
Well, what are you waiting for?
Go ahead and do a video!

I'm fairly sure we're still missing some stuff, but we won't know till someone comes and tests the creatures, so go ahead!
Just prepare carefully instead of playing instantly.

By the way, the digging caestus is the chirp digging tool, and the circlesaw is the chirp axe.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still alive!

I've just been trying to hammer an adversary for the Chirps into shape. In all honesty, it's hard keeping up with you, Cerapter :p

blah, these guys and their venom bites just don't want to cooperate. I've uploaded the alpha for others to look at anyway. They are obviously not done, but I'll work on them more after some sleep.

@  Aseaheru

If you could plug in my store custom building and my salvager building into the chirps and demonstrate my currency system with a video, that would just be awesome :)

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still alive!

I've just been trying to hammer an adversary for the Chirps into shape. In all honesty, it's hard keeping up with you, Cerapter :p
I have [NOEXERT] and [NO_SLEEP] :P

blah, these guys and their venom bites just don't want to cooperate.

Quote from: Dretchs' raw
   [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:Dretch bite]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:DRETCH:ALL]
         [SYN_INJECTED]
         [CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:37:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:100:PEAK:500:END:2400]
         [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:50:PROB:14:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_FEVER:SEV:50:PROB:14:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:25:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:100:PEAK:500:END:2400]
Quote from: Chirps' raw
[CREATURE:CHIRP_CER]
   [DESCRIPTION:A medium-sized humanoid creature, native to Terra Nihalgai. It is a mix of a bird and a goat. Its culture is centered around humility, though said culture may also have some nasty footnotes here and there.]
   [NAME:chirp:chirps:chirpy]
   [CREATURE_TILE:67]
   [COLOR:2:0:1]

[CREATURE_CLASS:NATIVE]
I fixed it so it affects native creatures. Dunno what about foreigners, though.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature DRETCH
DRETCH:FEMALE:right embedded ear: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left embedded ear: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right rear thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right rear knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right rear shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right rear ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left rear thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left rear knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left rear shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left rear ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right front thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right front knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right front shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right front ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:right front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left front thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left front knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left front shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left front ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:left front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:toe, right rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:toe, left rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:toe, right front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:toe, left front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right embedded ear: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left embedded ear: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right rear thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right rear knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right rear shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right rear ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left rear thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left rear knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left rear shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left rear ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right front thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right front knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right front shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right front ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:right front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left front thigh: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left front knee: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left front shin: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left front ankle: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:left front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:toe, right rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:toe, left rear foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:toe, right front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:MALE:toe, left front foot: No tissue thickness
DRETCH:FEMALE:Unrecognized Material Token: KERATIN_TEMPLATE_HLG
Good grief.

...A moment.

EDIT:
Quote from: Dretch raws
A Civilized race of spider-like humanoids hailing from the darker places of the world. Be wary as they are as durable as an average mole and have a venomous bite!
Well, actually, no.
Due to a bug I still didn't bother to fix, the Moles move at an average speed of 10 whatevers, compared to the Chirps' speed of 0.33-3.5 and the Dretch's speed of 1.
The Dretch have no [GAIT] tokens set, so they can only do the standard walk at 1 speed, and though the Moles have gaits, the Moles actually have the gait script, not the gait itself.
That is, the Moles' gaits lack the actual speed stuff you need to write in. So they basically move at the fastest speed possible. ALWAYS.

I've written instructions on how to implement gait into both creatures' files.

...Also, the Dretch are so weak they can't kill a skill-less chirp, lest a mole.

EDIT2:
Managed to make a small fortress running smoothly. Funnily, I can't play Dwarf Fortress, yet I can play Chirp Fortress. I even built stuff on the surface, with most of my workshops and bedrooms in 3- or 4-storey buildings. I still have no militia, but it isn't needed that much, seeing as there's nothing to siege me. And animals like the Dretch are punched to death by a waterchirp, who I think is absolutely bonkers.

Fun fact: Out of the 5 creatures currently ingame (chirp, mole, butterfly hound, pain elemental, dretch), only two cannot fly: the chirps and the moles.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:03:20 pm by Cerapter »

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

erm, did I say up there that the Dretch were incomplete and i'd fix them when I woke up? If I didn't sorry about the heart attack :p

Hope you don't mind, but I put that note in my creature file into the gait notes so it easier for other people to find and read.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:47:39 pm by DVNO »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

erm, did I say up there that the Dretch were incomplete and i'd fix them when I woke up? If I didn't sorry about the heart attack :p

Hope you don't mind, but I put that note in my creature file into the gait notes so it easier for other people to find and read.
Eh, I did plenty of bugfixing here and there, the Dretch didn't matter. It was a few lines anyway, despite the errorlog.

And sure, I don't mind you copying the note there.

Oh, yeah, naming the Dretch peasant makes peasant Dretches be called "Dretch dretch". Not sure if on purpose.

EDIT: every race dies out during the first few years of worldgen, EXCEPT the Chirps.
Funny. Especially since everyone is stronger than them bar the Dretch.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:59:02 am by Cerapter »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cerapter gestures!
The thread shudders and begins to move!

1: Cerapter, chirple governor: And stay thataway!

---

No, really guys, do something. Anything.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

I'd contribute, but none of my ideas are very original, if they are even my own concept in the first place.

Still, there is no turn system this time around, so anyone who wants to can directly contribute. Or just pitch ideas or suggestions in the thread.

Or maybe even try play-testing the mod and just mention how their fortress/adventure is going.

E: decided to try a fort in the Sci-Fi version. Current version according to the changelog file is V 21, with the last update being Cerapter adding a crop.

Errorlog upon starting the fort:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A few things first: I have realized that I've forgotten what it's like to play with ASCII. And with a non-square font. With a few unfamiliar or odd keybindings. But that's all easily fixed. One thing of note was that the scroll wheel on my mouse would shift the Z-level view up when you scroll down, but scrolling up would simultaneously cause the screen to zoom out and shift the Z-level view down.

Now on to the embark.

My group is of the Pure Shields. And it appears that we have no trade. We will have to rely solely on whatever we can create. Though it may not be too bad, as it appears nothing can reach us here, so hostilities from other entities seem unlikely.

*Looks like the Dretch file is missing [OBJECT:ENTITY], so they will not be in any worlds genned.*

It is Spring in the newly-found outpost of Stillsecrets, and the water is still frozen from the harsh Winter. Blue sand stands out amongst the vegetation of this place, creating a the illusion of many small pools of water across the landscape.

Our Chirps are not alone in this journey. Accompanying them are two butterfly hounds and two widows in white.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:25:49 am by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18