Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 35875 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile

PTW

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never bothered to look through all of the old thread but this seems like a very fun idea. I've never tried modding DF at all, but maybe after reading enough of your guys' reports on how to do it I'll make a contribution of some sort :)
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Posting to Participate, although i'll only mod some basic things like gems, creatures or plants, nothing advanced.

On another note, the IRC link doesn't work for me. It is trying to redirect me to http://IRC?, which is an invalid link.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:04:03 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

Oh boy, the new errorlog is hilarious.

I think I'm going to go check my RAW sanity soon. Does anyone have a list of gait tokens*? Or has the wiki been updated already?

*How does that actually work anyway?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The wiki already has an explanation on gait, if not the tokens.
I'd copy the stuff I found were I not on phone right now.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

DrTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_RATIONAL_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile

Just added stone layers, a template to go with it, and a few soils. I messed up when updating my templates, and there are now two there. My mistake. Probably start adding a few metals/gems sooner or later.
"I'm just so FUCKIN' HAPPY!"
*throws chair across the room*

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ DrTaco

Thanks again. I'll make a race soon, so soon this version will have something playable.

@ Lord_lemonpie

Hmm, not that is certainly not where I wanted it to go. Here, I put in a new URL, try it again.

Well, it seems like we have a schism of two camps here, those who want to continue with  the last thread's version, and those who do want to start from scratch for v .40.

With some reservation, I think the best solution is to split the project in two. I've given each a different flavor so hopefully they won't come out too similar.
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Well, That means twice the quantity of things to mess with in horrific videos. Thanks for the possibly artificially inflated potential views!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

King Kravoka

Can I help with the RAWs every now and then?

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Absolutely! It's all open to play with.

Just make sure to make a record of what you modified on the Changelog.

@ Hugo

errorlog
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:43:29 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will try to throw together some creature raws for the sic-fi game soon.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll wait till we have a body detail plan and a basic body file, mainly because I have no knowledge of the human body and have no idea what should be important and what should not be.
...And I'm fairly sure the RCP body files can't be used, no matter how tempting. Too easy and obvious to be of actual use.
...Right?
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You can use RCP files.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, I guess.

...Now to make a creature. Let's start by having the wiki open. Then just randomly smash the keyboard until something comes up, I guess. It worked for me before.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What exactly does the error message "Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect" mean?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18