Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 35930 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2014, 06:41:36 am »

Well, somebody hit Download and get the most recent version, I have been keeping backups on Github for exactly this reason afterall.

:P

tonnot98, I'm just going to ask this once: Did you just mistakenly ctrl-x the drive while trying to install the mod? Mistakes happen, but if I don't hear a reasonable explanation on why this happened soon I've got no choice but to ban you from the Google Drive folder to preserve this project.

Edit 2: Files are back. if you find a file called Desktop.ini, be kind enough to delete it, as they are redundant.

If anyone can tell me how to exclude those when uploading to github, that would be fantastic

Make a file called .gitignore in the root directory and add filenames and paths to it. Making the file may not be possible on Windows.
It don't remember the exact syntax, so use Google to be sure.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:46 pm »

PTW

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2015, 03:50:44 am »

Has [BENIGN] changed since I last played with it? I noticed several posts in the… two-thread history of this… that assumed it was a behavior token, but I was pretty sure it's more like a biome token.
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:09 am »

It's a behavior token, which makes the creature non-hostile in fort mode, if I remember correctly.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2016, 12:32:05 am »

Two things:
1, this thread needs more traffic :P
2, Why don't we just keep updating this as time goes on, irrelevent to new updates, unless there is a HUGE update which makes some very useful changes to core parts of the game? Of course, we would need our own wiki, but don't we already need one if we're recreating the universe as we see fit?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 01, 2016, 12:36:16 am »

Two things:
2, Why don't we just keep updating this as time goes on, irrelevent to new updates, unless there is a HUGE update which makes some very useful changes to core parts of the game? Of course, we would need our own wiki, but don't we already need one if we're recreating the universe as we see fit?

We literally just restarted this last week

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2016, 02:04:20 pm »

Two things:

Two things:

1) where were you back in march when this was active? :P
2) If you feel like knocking yourself out and making a wiki, please do it for Urdothor's thread. This all was an experiment to test some google Drive functionality. Some stuff worked, some just didn't. I'm glad I tried but redux is probably going to be a lot more stable using the traditional way I think.   
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 01, 2016, 11:11:58 pm »

1) I hadn't heard of DF. found out about a week ago.

Now I'm addicted.

2)I didn't see the redux thread, and I'm signing up. If I had seen the redux thread, I wouldn't of posted here at all.

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 01, 2016, 11:33:16 pm »

In case anyone's confused, the new thread can be found here.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2016, 06:47:06 am »

I'm confused, but only because this thread has fallen deep down, and the Redux thread is on the fricking first page of this subforum.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2016, 04:54:14 am »

Redux thing is more recent, that's all. Just like all things do for some reason, this was replaced by what may end up being a clone of it's self, or it may be totally different, because of the lessons learned here.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]