Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 35713 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I'll try to port the body parts and templates over this weekend. Then we can port whatever creatures we feel like, and people can make new vertebrates.

Absolutely! It's all open to play with.

Just make sure to make a record of what you modified on the Changelog.

@ Hugo

errorlog
That error log leads me to believe you didn't have all the raws when you ran 40.03. There should be a raw file called "shutupdf" or something that contains all the RCP bits so the game doesn't throw up errors about it. Make sure to generate worlds with advanced settings and no randomly generated creatures whatsoever.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, in the Sci-fi half, moles have defined tissues for brains, but no brains.
...Or other organs, for that matter.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, in the Sci-fi half, moles have defined tissues for brains, but no brains.
...Or other organs, for that matter.
They do have brains; organs, however, they do not. I was mainly trying to just get a creature in the raws, and I plan to improve their design later.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, right.
By the by, I'm making a creature as we speak as well.
Might get two playable ones in.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, right.
By the by, I'm making a creature as we speak as well.
Might get two playable ones in.
Swell! I'm working on finishing up their entity raws (full of imperfections, but those can be ironed out later), along with some plants and wood to make the game actually playable. Also, the food items that DVNO added do not work because of the lack of [OBJECT:ITEM].

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, got my creatures to breathe and see and use hands and hooves.

One on one against moles, they win 50% of the time.
Which is strange, consider moles are 150.000 cm3 in size, while chirps are 65.000 cm3. They have no chance against more than one mole, though.
I didn't think moles were double the size of humans, to be honest.

What does it mean when multiple bodyparts are listed one after the other separated by comma on the status screen?
They should appear one below another in a list, like most other bodyparts.

EDIT: They are also damaged together instead of separately, and get chopped off together. The bodyparts in question are 5-part legs, by the way.

EDIT2: Nevermind. That's what I get for giving the ID "RSH" to both the right shoulder and the right shin. And similarly with the left ones. Ugh.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:12:10 pm by Cerapter »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't wait to see these "chirps."

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, go ahead, they're uploaded!
Test them in arena, if you want to.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What happened to halfling's bdp's in the fantasy fork? Many creatures don't work without them.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I completely forgot to check the error log for errors when making the chirps.
Ugh. Let's say I'm tired. Gonna check that after I sleep.

Also,I think I might have a copy of the bdp lying around. "Best" case scenario, I accidentally moved instead of copying, though I don't think so. And if I recall correctly, there is a way to check who did what and revert it, should the need arise.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put a few new plants into the world. We'll still need basic items and animals before this will be playable.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we need stuff like soil, stone, and the like, or are there minerals in already?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are several minerals from the last version (which AFAIK require no tweaking to port), though some people got carried away in trying out new symbols for their tiles, making stuff hard to read. IDK if it got fixed.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe it's the version I downloaded. Just re-downloaded the latest version and uploaded it again. Are the files back?
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In before I get accused of time travelling: you have no evidence, mortals! timezones. Might be better if we noted the time in the change log based on GMT or something.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18