Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 35922 times)

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added a neat little idea I've been thinking of.

Introducing the salvager and the Colonization store!

It works like this: you take two Flareboxes on embark and use them to 'beam down' (construct) a building from the mothership. The two buildings available is one that sucks up all of your loose raw stone and turns it into money.

What can you do with the money? You can beam down a store and turn in your money for guns, ammo and spare mining tools (great for if you lose your starting pick due to !!FUN!!)

There will be more items to be made for sale, such as cement, which will be easy to carry as a bag, and near unmovable as a mixed block. 

The buildings need entity files to be added into though, of course
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:09:59 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

PTW

This is terrific.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Modding Question:

if the value of a material is set to a number like 100, will a toy being constructed out of the material always be that number? If not, is there a way to make the the toy item have a consistent value in a custom reaction?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yes, as long as the reaction used to make it has no skill applied so that no qualities can be applied.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who else here is planning on adding a civilized race to the sci-fi game?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, are the Chirps going to be a civ? That'd be awesome

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, are the Chirps going to be a civ? That'd be awesome
Heh, thanks, but yeah, they're gonna be playable.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently working on weapons, clothing, and equipment for moles. Digging implements finished, axes still needed to cut down trees. Will move on to pack animal afterwards.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohh, what kind of weapons? I've put in laser pistols if anyone wants to utilize them.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Desktop syncing from Google Drive is so slow, I'm gonna go bonkers by the time it's done.
By the by, back the the PC, so I'm gonna fix some errors in the chirps' files.

For example, them trying to bite with their non-existent teeth.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohh, what kind of weapons? I've put in laser pistols if anyone wants to utilize them.
Laser pistols sound pretty neat, I might make use of them. As far as the digging tool, I have made what I have called the "shovelclaw." I pictured it a claw-like contraption that the moles strap to the tops of their wrists. Its rapidly moving claw tears and drills apart the dirt and stone they wish to mine. As for an axe to cut wood, I am not really sure what I want to do yet.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lack of words in the language files are making this game way funnier than it should be.
"Darlingloving Love, chirplish god" was most often associated with pregnancy and creation.
"Skull Skullsugly, chirplish god" was the god of deformity, disease, blight, death, rebirth and birth.
I think you can guess now that "Death, chirpellish god" was the god of...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also thanks to this, every chirp has "calm" or "peace" at least once in their name. This is especially funny when you get a male chirp who goes by the name of "Peace Idiotlull" and then you check his history and bam! By the age of 22 he has 6 kills. He had 27 kills overall, before being struck down by "Lull Lullschains". Whose only kill was Mr Idiotlull. GG Idiotlull, this girl was a fuckin' weaponsmith who fled from home and began wandering the wilds at the age of 35. Her only confrontation was with you and her murderer, you mass-murderer, and you got killed by a girl half your age while you were in the middle of your adulthood and at the top of your game. Oh, and she was killed by an upshoot mass murderer, by the way.
You suck.

Unrelated, but chirps have about 10-20 children in their lifetime. I think i might have mucked up something. Or is that only during history generation so that there are people to populate the place with?

And another thing: if you generate a world, don't move your cursor over the ocean. I think we might be lacking ocean soil or something.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:54:44 am by Cerapter »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

Wow. I'm a little confused about the Sci-fi/Fantasy separation, but I'm kind of glad about it. I've got a few stranger ideas that I'd like to fit into the Sci-fi world.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've uploaded the entity file (and fixed some body files) for the chirps - they are unplayable currently, though. The game crashes whenever I try to embark.
It can still be used to look at the generated history.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18