Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 35920 times)

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

Hey, can I contribute?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing stopping you from doing so, go ahead!

EDIT: You can now play as a chirp adventurer.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:21:47 am by Cerapter »
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

I have a question. Are we allowed to use vanilla creatures as a base for our new creatures?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Aslong as you get them to match the materials and sutch.
Thats how I "made" the first sort of purple tea.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

Right. I'm trying to make an utterly terrifying species that only dwells in good biomes, and I'm basing it off dwarves.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be gone for a few days, so the moles may not be in a finished state with their clothing and equipment for a bit. Try to iron out the bugs and crashes that we have.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, we need some dangerous big game to hunt with our lasers :P

@ the crashes, my bad, i think that was because the halfling_inorganic was missing
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

How would I make a civ stick to an good biome?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think theres a spot where you put the areas they can grow or start in, and for animals there are ones saying where they can be.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

I believe that making the creatures themselves [GOOD] will allow them to exist in good areas.

Or it may be by giving them the [USE_GOOD_X] entity tokens.

I'm not entirely sure.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some day, when we have enough creatures and stuff, we should fully redo the language files with current races and plants and stuff.

EDIT: You know that the body_default file says you can delete it if you want to make sure nothing bad happens, right? Well, deleting it makes bogeymen. GHOST bogeymen. They phase through you, and your attacks are useless against them. Essentially, their only weapon was their cackling, by not letting you sleep. I guess they want to kill you by sleep loss or something.

Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: where bogeymen went from novice adventurer murderers to noise polluters.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:22:08 pm by Cerapter »
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I GOT A PLAYABLE FORTRESS GAME RUNNING GUYS! :D

Please dl the new data folder and run advanced worldgen with the new world_gen settings i have included to resolve a lot of crashes.

EDIT:

The chirps just make the most adorable site names /)'3'(\
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:23:34 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I GOT A PLAYABLE FORTRESS GAME RUNNING GUYS! :D

Please dl the new data folder and run advanced worldgen with the new world_gen settings i have included to resolve a lot of crashes.
Look at dat genius ova dere! :D
The chirps just make the most adorable site names /)'3'(\
Ha ha, yeah. Mainly because the languages are lacking so they only choose from spheres.
We need some trees and we could even have a somewhat working fortress now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you guys can get a working thing in a place I could even record/stream it now.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you guys can get a working thing in a place I could even record/stream it now.

We have yet to put in trees, for example. You can't exactly build stuff without that, seeing as the chirps have no pickaxes either. He he.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18