Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 36738 times)

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As in, I won't have access to the computer for a few hours.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, they work great. It's funny, they grow very elliptical.

edit:

one small error in the errorlog though:

Code: [Select]
TREE_SOULCATCHER_CER:FRUIT: Unrecognized Color Token in Material Template: GREY
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:01:09 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ack! Forgot the game uses American spelling.
I think I can fix that from even my phone. A moment.

EDIT: nope, it didn't let me. Can someone replace that grey with gray?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:07:58 pm by Cerapter »
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed it.

also fixing a lot of these little errors all around the place.
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll further modify my tree (and will place new plants in) as soon as I'm back at my computer. Until then, I guess Aseaheru can make a video/let's play/whatever.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Vials are hardcoded right? I couldn't find them in the normal DF raws, but maybe i'm just blind.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think so.

Unrelated:

"Boy, do I worship him! ...Whenever I remember his name correctly!"

EDIT: Killed an entire camp of wrestlers with a sacrificial knife with the character above. Drowned in a river.
*off-key Final Fantasy victory theme plays*
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:20:29 am by Cerapter »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doublepost, but three hours passed, and it's a different subject, so if you don't mind...

Anyway, I noticed that in Halfling's material templates in the Sci-Fi section, tooth has a max edge of 100. In comparison, plants have 1000. Tooth is then times duller than plants, apparently.
I changed that to 1000 as well if you don't mind.

EDIT:
DON'T FUCKIN' KID ME
I COMPLETELY SCREWED UP THE ORDER OF THE TISSUES
THESE FUCKS HAD THEIR BONES OUTSIDE AND SKIN INSIDE ALL ALONG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:12:50 am by Cerapter »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to mod in a creature atm, but i completely screwed  the body parts/tissues up. The errorlog is completely filled with errors like: "ARIKA:REDM:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added" and "ARIKA:REDM:right rear claw: No tissue thickness". God i screwed this up.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to mod in a creature atm, but i completely screwed  the body parts/tissues up. The errorlog is completely filled with errors like: "ARIKA:REDM:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added" and "ARIKA:REDM:right rear claw: No tissue thickness". God i screwed this up.
You made a typo in the body detail plan file. 100% sure. I had the same thing happen to me.
...Or plain didn't wrote a tissue in.

EDIT: If nothing helps, upload the files.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First i'm going to try and rewrite the tissue layers, can i use a few of your body detail plans
You made a typo in the body detail plan file. 100% sure. I had the same thing happen to me.

First i'm going to try and rewrite the tissue layers, can i use a few of your body detail plans?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First i'm going to try and rewrite the tissue layers, can i use a few of your body detail plans

First i'm going to try and rewrite the tissue layers, can i use a few of your body detail plans?
Yeah, why not.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, why not.
Welp, i tried it with your stuff, and i completely screwed up this time. DF crashed when i tried to open the Arena. Back to modding plants again xD.

I still don't know what i did wrong, but here's the raws.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here you go. The error is in red.
Also, you don't need to make castes for different colours of birds.
You can do:
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FEATHER]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1:AQUA:1:BEIGE:1:BLUE:1:BLACK:1:CARMINE:1:CHARCOAL:1:CRIMSON:1:DARK_GREEN:3:GREEN:5:EMERALD:2:GOLD:1:JADE:1:LAVENDER:1:LIME:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:feathers:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:FEATHER]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1:AQUA:1:BEIGE:1:BLUE:1:BLACK:1:CARMINE:1:CHARCOAL:1:CRIMSON:1:DARK_GREEN:3:GREEN:5:EMERALD:2:GOLD:1:JADE:1:LAVENDER:1:LIME:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:feathers on the head:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:FEATHER]
[TLCM_NOUN:retrices:PLURAL]
Something like this, for example.

Let me walk you through it:

× [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FEATHER]
Choose a tissue we wish to recolour. In this case, I said, the category of the bodyparts don't matter, that is, every bodyparts' feathers must be recoloured.
If I wanted to recolour only the neck's feather, for example, I could have said BY_CATEGORY:NECK if I gave the neck the NECK category, or BY_TOKEN:NECK, if I wanted to refer to the neck itself only. Our neck's token is NK, by the way, so it would be BY_TOKEN:NK.

× [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1]
The actual recolouring. You choose a colour first (AMBER here) and then give it a number. Said number is the chance of that colour appearing, compared to the others. [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1:GRAY:2] for example would make the GRAY colour two times more likely to appear.

× [TLCM_NOUN:feathers:PLURAL]
Finally, you tell the game how to refer to that tissue in the description. 'feathers' here is how I wanted the game to refer to the tissues of feather on all bodyparts. The last part can be PLURAL or SINGULAR. It does what it says: tells the game if the noun you wrote is plural or singular.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here you go. The error is in red.
Also, you don't need to make castes for different colours of birds.
You can do:
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FEATHER]
[TLCM_NOUN:feathers:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:FEATHER]
[TLCM_NOUN:feathers on the head:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:FEATHER]
[TLCM_NOUN:retrices:PLURAL]
Something like this, for example.

Let me walk you through it:

× [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FEATHER]
Choose a tissue we wish to recolour. In this case, I said, the category of the bodyparts don't matter, that is, every bodyparts' feathers must be recoloured.
If I wanted to recolour only the neck's feather, for example, I could have said BY_CATEGORY:NECK if I gave the neck the NECK category, or BY_TOKEN:NECK, if I wanted to refer to the neck itself only. Our neck's token is NK, by the way, so it would be BY_TOKEN:NK.

× [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1]
The actual recolouring. You choose a colour first (AMBER here) and then give it a number. Said number is the chance of that colour appearing, compared to the others. [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1:GRAY:2] for example would make the GRAY colour two times more likely to appear.

× [TLCM_NOUN:feathers:PLURAL]
Finally, you tell the game how to refer to that tissue in the description. 'feathers' here is how I wanted the game to refer to the tissues of feather on all bodyparts. The last part can be PLURAL or SINGULAR. It does what it says: tells the game if the noun you wrote is plural or singular.
Was that seriously the only error? lol.

As for the castes, i was trying to make them change colour ingame, but sadly enough that doesnt work.

EDIT: Nope, that wasn't the only error, the game still crashes for me when i open the Arena

Spoiler: current raws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:21:56 am by Lord_lemonpie »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18