Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Age Vilous Mod 1.4 - Updated for 43.01  (Read 37263 times)

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Vilous Mod 1.1 - 42.02 ready!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 12:58:51 pm »

Yeah, thanks. I got it figured out. My problem was that I was removing their creature info without removing their entity file.

I have another question though. I'm running a nevrean fortress and I've got nearby friendly sergals that I'm trading with but I only ever get agudner and nevrean visitors. Is there something in their entity file saying they can't visit other races or something?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 07:00:17 pm »

Yeah, thanks. I got it figured out. My problem was that I was removing their creature info without removing their entity file.

I have another question though. I'm running a nevrean fortress and I've got nearby friendly sergals that I'm trading with but I only ever get agudner and nevrean visitors. Is there something in their entity file saying they can't visit other races or something?

Nope, it may just be a lack of adventurers from that civ. given enough time you should get some. I know I've had a few Northerns show up for me in my own Agudner and Nevrean forts. Talyxians are far more rare, but I've had at least one in testing. They may be less likely to come if you are focusing on a library though, as Northern sergals only have a few scholar types. Southerns have a bit more, but not all of them like agudners and nevreans do.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 08:39:40 pm »

Nope, it may just be a lack of adventurers from that civ. given enough time you should get some. I know I've had a few Northerns show up for me in my own Agudner and Nevrean forts. Talyxians are far more rare, but I've had at least one in testing. They may be less likely to come if you are focusing on a library though, as Northern sergals only have a few scholar types. Southerns have a bit more, but not all of them like agudners and nevreans do.

No, I have a legendary tavern and all I get is nevrean bowmen and agudner performers.

Speaking of which, isn't giving EVERY nevrean novice bowman REALLY powerful? I have like 4 bow squads now.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 04:44:12 pm »

No, I have a legendary tavern and all I get is nevrean bowmen and agudner performers.

Speaking of which, isn't giving EVERY nevrean novice bowman REALLY powerful? I have like 4 bow squads now.

They are also intended to be kobold levels of strength in melee. I can always try to balance them a bit harder by exaggerating that melee weakness. Unsure if it is enough of a setback to justify the starting bow skill however.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Vilous Mod 1.2 - 42.02 ready!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »

Update 1.2:
-Removed gasoline materials, and all related inorganics such as bitumen crude rocks
-changed Talyxian [BIOME:ANY_LAND] to [BIOME:NOT_FREEZING] to cut back the large amount of Talyxians wandering the arctic wastes.
-Due to possible changes in how often eggs are fertilized now. Nevreans have been given [LITTERSIZE:1:1] to make children easier, and their egg count changed to [CLUTCH_SIZE:1:1] instead of 1:2. They still lay eggs, but it is very unlikely that you will get results from it.
-All race bonuses changed to being just +1 to specific skills, learning rate bonuses also lowered
-Nevreans made physically weaker, males are now 50000cm^3 and females 52000cm^3 in size
-[CAVE_ADAPT] added to every race with the exception of Talyxians
-added [SELECT_SYMBOL:TEMPLE:NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE] and [SELECT_SYMBOL:LIBRARY:NAME_BUILDING_LIBRARY] to all entities except Talyxians
-All weapon size requirements reduced. Previously, many weapons could not even be used by Dwarves, and now by the smaller Nevreans
-Nevreans given their proper wood cutting saws

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 09:43:37 pm »

What category do lances fit in, spears or pikes?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 08:18:32 pm »

What category do lances fit in, spears or pikes?

Spear.

partisan falls under pike, and glaives as a sword despite their long length. This may change though.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Vilous Mod 1.3 - Rebalancing
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 01:38:34 pm »

A considerable amount of changes in this version. A lot of those changes focusing on weapons and who gets them. All the civs before had a mix match of weapons that never really applied to them uniquely. Each civ now has a general focus on what weapons they create. Importing desired weapons between races is now more important, and weapon count is much more like the normal dwarf mode. Each civ only has 5-7 weapons to choose from, and all of them have their own focus. Training weapons are a long forgotten addition that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Raws have also been cleaned up. Namely the correction of double facial features for agudners, and all weapons getting a pass over on their weights, sizes, material cost, and attack recovery times. Other changes include proper undead flagging, increased variety in facial features for all races, and tweaking of skill rates to be less overpowering, and more focused on giving civs a unique direction that also guides the kind of knowledge they will create in libraries.

1.3:
-Removed unused refinery building
-Corrected missing standard head templates
-Corrected doubled facial features on agudners
-Nevrean voices are now more accurate to their genders. Males often have far more high pitched voices then females
-Tweaked skill rates. Lowered most bonus rates, and raised sergal rates slightly due to their slower learning
-Spread out the values on many appearance modifiers in all races. you should stop getting only only broad beaked nevreans and have a few thin beaks now
-added [UNDEAD_CANDIDATE] to all civs expect talyxian
-increase nevrean birth-rate to improve town populations
-removed talyxian weapons
-cleaned up weapon raws
-added training weapons to each civ
-limited ranged weapons to 1 type per civ, except nevreans who have blowguns and bows
-rebalanced, weighted, and added attack delay and recovery to all weapons
-each civ is now focused on specific weapon types rather then jack of all trades
=N. Sergals: Spears and long-axes
=S. Sergals: Hammer and short swords
=Agudners: Swords and axes
=Nevreans: Whips and ranged

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Vilous Mod 1.4 - Updated for 43.01
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 08:55:13 pm »

Update. I've mostly just been keeping this up to date with each release. I've saved all the minor tweaks till now. Along with removing the talykiller creatures. Simply because there is almost no info on them, and this more is better suited to just keeping to the vilous races and possibly more domestic animals. Less (half finished)bloat, and less hunting for small information that doesn't exist yet. They can be re-enabled by copying their raws from the BONUS folder if you are updating a world from an older version or still need their raws somehow. Beyond that this is mostly cleanup, and a poke that this is not dead, but really just updates when DF does. Not counting bug fixes.

-Lowered talyxian pop and cluster number
-Removed references to oil and plastic in Agudner's creature description
-removed talyxian killer wildlife, their immense lack of information made then 80% guess work(files can be re-added from the BONUS folder
-added tags to all rifle and revolver parts
   [NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
   [INCOMPLETE_ITEM]
   [UNIMPROVABLE]
   [NO_DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENTS]

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 03:18:15 pm »

Is this compatible with the latest DF version?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 03:35:09 am »

Is this compatible with the latest DF version?

Unless there a new tokens added or changes to how tokens are handled. The mod should work fine. I've been using it with 43.05 for a while now. So it seems perfectly fine. Next update I'll likely need to update stuff before it is properly playable for it though.

agambadi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 09:55:18 am »

I just noticed a typo. When checking an Agudner the part of the description that mention that their history is mired in mystery calls them Agunders.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 01:18:32 am »

I just noticed a typo. When checking an Agudner the part of the description that mention that their history is mired in mystery calls them Agunders.

Corrected for 1.5 , whenever the new release rolls around.

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2017, 06:38:42 am »

Darklord92, i dunno if this from your mod or an effect from other mods ive installed, but why cant Nevrean do certain jobs, amongst them is plant processing, is this part of the lore, im sorry-im not well versed with it yet, just stumbled upon the mod and Vilous and thought it was cool, id give it a try.

Awesome mod btw, cant wait for the artifact squad update, will finally have a purpose for my N.Sergal crusader squad  :D

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2017, 07:40:37 am »

Darklord92, i dunno if this from your mod or an effect from other mods ive installed, but why cant Nevrean do certain jobs, amongst them is plant processing, is this part of the lore, im sorry-im not well versed with it yet, just stumbled upon the mod and Vilous and thought it was cool, id give it a try.

Awesome mod btw, cant wait for the artifact squad update, will finally have a purpose for my N.Sergal crusader squad  :D

That seems very strange, have you made sure at least one of your nevreans (if not more ) have the processing job enabled? Burrows may also not allow them to grab the plants or go to the workshop. You may have also marked the workshop to only one skill level or unit. I am able to process plants both through the manager and normal orders... At worst you can always toss me the save file somehow for me to check it over.
Pages: 1 [2] 3