Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Age Vilous Mod 1.4 - Updated for 43.01  (Read 36873 times)

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Vilous Mod 1.4 - Updated for 43.01
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 01:42:10 pm »

Darklord92, i dunno if this from your mod or an effect from other mods ive installed, but why cant Nevrean do certain jobs, amongst them is plant processing, is this part of the lore, im sorry-im not well versed with it yet, just stumbled upon the mod and Vilous and thought it was cool, id give it a try.

Awesome mod btw, cant wait for the artifact squad update, will finally have a purpose for my N.Sergal crusader squad  :D

That seems very strange, have you made sure at least one of your nevreans (if not more ) have the processing job enabled? Burrows may also not allow them to grab the plants or go to the workshop. You may have also marked the workshop to only one skill level or unit. I am able to process plants both through the manager and normal orders... At worst you can always toss me the save file somehow for me to check it over.

Yeah, i dont get why too, you know when you choose a Nev, then open their labor screen, i just cant enable it, the plant processing job and some others, the letters are red. Welp if you say you didnt made these changes, then i suppose its probably the alpha4 dfhack or some other mods i installed, thx for the reply anyway.

REDACTED

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 07:12:12 pm »

I'm getting a 404 when I open the download page.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2017, 01:57:39 pm »

I'm getting a 404 when I open the download page.

it seems http://dffd.wimbli.com/ is now owned by some church or something. I changed the url to the new http://dffd.bay12games.com/ url, and it seems to work fine now.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 01:13:50 pm »

Any chance of this getting an update to .05?

edit:

Also would you mind adding a version that overwrites/deletes vanilla races so the worlds gen with nothing but vilous races?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:28:28 pm by Old Bones »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 08:08:45 pm »

Any chance of this getting an update to .05?

edit:

Also would you mind adding a version that overwrites/deletes vanilla races so the worlds gen with nothing but vilous races?

.05 was basically just a bug fix release compared to the next major version of DF to come out. This mod works fine with it without any changes needed. As for how to remove the vanilla races... I don't actually need to provide any modded files to do so. if you simply edit the file creature_standard and entity_default, and remove all lines pertaining to humans, gobs, dwarfs, and kobolds. They will no longer be generated. I don't even thing you need to edit the entity file if you remove the creatures ( but you may get error log spam when you make a new world. )

for example, the start of creature_standard.txt will look like

creature_standard
Code: [Select]
[OBJECT:CREATURE]

///all of the other creatures between the object start tag, and the gremlin entry are gone, meaning they will never spawn the defaut races!///

[CREATURE:GREMLIN]
[DESCRIPTION:A small humanoid creature with a mischievous, toothy grin.]
[NAME:gremlin:gremlins:gremlin]
[CASTE_NAME:gremlin:gremlins:gremlin]
[CREATURE_TILE:'g'][COLOR:2:0:1]
[LARGE_ROAMING][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]

and the entity_default.txt will look like. This is optional, as removing the creature entries will stop them spawning anyway, but it stops the error log spam about missing creatures whenever you generate a world.
Code: [Select]
entity_default

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

///every thing here was the above ground default civs.

[ENTITY:SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES]
[LAYER_LINKED]
[CREATURE:AMPHIBIAN_MAN]
[CREATURE:REPTILE_MAN]
[CREATURE:SERPENT_MAN]
[CREATURE:RODENT MAN]
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 05:20:44 pm »

Alright, thank you.

I was wondering if you plan on making Northern Sergals more warlike? I've never been to war with them once.

I also find they never petition your fortress for citizenship, study, soldiering or performance. Seems only agudner and Nevreans do that. Any idea how to fix?
Pages: 1 2 [3]