Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Unholy Murk Instakilled my Fortress (40.03)  (Read 15117 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Unholy Murk Instakilled my Fortress (40.03)
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 11:48:45 am »

I could be wrong, but iirc turning off the weather in the init does not remove any weather effects already present, it just stops the game from changing the weather dynamically.
So if the unholy murk is some kind of weather, turning it off for a save that already is contaminated would probably not turn that off.

Someone mentioned however, that there was a period in which the contamination seemed to have gone, and migrants arrived safely.
Did you turn off weather and play through to the point where in a previous try, the contamination temporarily went away? Did it go away this time, or did it stay?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 11:56:31 am »

could you not visit in adventure mode, get the plague then spread it to a nearby town and kill all the inhabitants?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2014, 11:59:56 am »

If you entered the site you'd be contaminated yourself.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 12:11:15 pm »

If you entered the site you'd be contaminated yourself.

Scratch that. While you probably won't be able to get a skin full of the murky goodness if you had the good fortune to stumble across this you could do some real damage.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 01:08:38 pm »

Now I'm wondering if it would be possible to contaminate bolts with it.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 01:45:18 pm »

Edit: while looking for a place to embark I've noticed that the usually-evil purple and red/grey tree zones are marked as "wilderness". Could it be that the zones are being mislabeled as neutral when they are really evil zones?

I haven't noticed this. Are you using F1, F2 etc to look at the different biomes in your embark area?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2014, 09:14:18 pm »

If you were playing a creature that could not bleed, you could visit the fort and export some biohazard Fun.

FYI DF bleeding is not related to the body part size (but blood volume is related to creature overall size) so more body parts bleeding == faster death. I'm not exactly sure if having 5 cut fingers is worse than having the entire hand severed, but it might be that way.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2014, 10:50:26 pm »

After searching the raws the best I could In ten minutes ive found the reference to [Unholy] and [Murk] in the language_SYM.txt file.

[Murk]
-symbol name swamp
-symbol name cave
-symbol darkness

[Unholy]
-symbol evil

But that's just very basic searching for anything that the name could point to, which is very little. All that shows me is that this is something Evil. Which everyone knew.

Searching of Bleeding in the files returned me to a file of a tropical creature, Bushmaster, whom inflicts a syndrome based bit that inflicts bleeding. Ahah! Getting somewhere maybe?

So more searching shows up this,

[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE CURSE]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:victim]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Cursed]
      [SYNDROME]
         [CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:20:START:0]

The above shows how instant the spread can be.

CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION -- only works on hist figs, causes that hist figs body material to cause interaction as a syndrome mat
Also, Syndrome can be spread by injustion.

That's All i really got right now.

You need to use uncompressed saves to get the raws that contain this information, since it is randomly generated.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]