Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 115978 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 09:34:58 am »

"Do I look like a liar to you, old Kutuk? You've became too paranoid for your own good!"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 09:42:31 am »

Call a meeting of the elders to discuss leaving for more bountiful land once the outcome of the hunters' trip is known. We are nomads, after all.
"Think of all the new things to discover in such a place! However I'm too old for such shenanigans. Perhaps a device for easier movement. Hmmm..."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2014, 09:49:36 am »

"I am not calling you a liar. Sometimes our eyes deceive us."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 09:55:50 am »

I am glad this challenge has been set upon me. I was planning to challenge Kurgle myself, but now, I can show I am greater than ALL the hunters of the tribe, for I will hunt a beast of legend, and I will show all, and all will be in awe, and call me great hunter, as I should be.

Gather my hunting gear, and ask Conrak for his biggest wagon, for the catch shall be large, and I will be the only hunter. Grab Chantututu to be my assistant, for doing this with the tribe idiot will further cement my legend, and I also like him, and I need help carrying the legendary catch. When I'm ready, boast to all the tribe about my soon to be journey and catch and success, and to prepare for the return of a legend
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:57:36 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 10:00:35 am »

"So, do your eyes deceive you, elder? Here I am, returning from the journey healthy and well-fed. Never once I needed to starve longer than two days - and that was while crossing a desert laying in the farthest reaches!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 10:05:19 am »

"Possibly. I do not deny that I could be wrong, but who truly knows what lay out there? Perhaps you saw everything that was out there. Perhaps there were hidden dangers. We can not know for certain."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2014, 10:06:24 am »

I am Conrak Tool-Crafter, he who brings life to the inanimate! Examine what tools I have already created.

[5] There are the blades of flint, of several shapes and sizes, for scraping skin, drilling holes, working wood, drawing blood and any other purpose you can name - day and night you have labored for many months, but much of the tribe has been supplied with them by your superb skill. There is the bow, which all the hunters have, and the gathering hook, which many of the women thank you for, as it allows them to reach fruit high up on trees as well as to climb them easily in the event of danger as well as pull out tasty roots from the ground more easily. Spears and harpoons you also have made, sharp and straight. Without a doubt, you are one of the more, if not the most valued members of your tribe.
Find Conrak.

Conrak,I need to borrow your tools to sharpen this blade as a gift for Haphan.

If he allows me to then start sharpening the knife.
I am glad this challenge has been set upon me. I was planning to challenge Kurgle myself, but now, I can show I am greater than ALL the hunters of the tribe, for I will hunt a beast of legend, and I will show all, and all will be in awe, and call me great hunter, as I should be.

Gather my hunting gear, and ask Conrak for his biggest wagon, for the catch shall be large, and I will be the only hunter. Grab Chantututu to be my assistant, for doing this with the tribe idiot will further cement my legend, and I also like him, and I need help carrying the legendary catch. When I'm ready, boast to all the tribe about my soon to be journey and catch and success, and to prepare for the return of a legend

Conrak is pleased to see the return of the scouts; they typically bring news of new lands, new plants, and new sorts of stones and other interesting things, all of which interest the Tool-Maker as raw materials.

"Yes, Matika, I do have a set of rocks you may use to sharpen your flint. Be careful not to chip it away to nothing."

Though the conflict among the hunters makes Conrak uneasy, he is pleased by the renewed competition between them, for such competition will necessarily call for Conrak to create the best weapons of his life.

Distribute the latest batch of arrows to the hunters, and craft an enormous spear for Nth. What plan he has that would suit a spear better than a bow, Conrak does not know, but it is an excuse to craft something grander than Conrak has ever crafted.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2014, 10:06:49 am »

""Haphan, after your vacation, i've heard you've found great things beyond this desolace Kurgle has brought us, please tell me where your beasts of legend were, so that I may prove you just didn't feast while we starved, and prove to me your vacations are of actual worth, and prove myself as greatest hunter of this tribe, with our recently issued challenge"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nunzillor

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2014, 10:22:38 am »

Chantutu (he has lost track of the number of tus in his name) supposes that it was inevitable that he would eventually be forced to do something.  He claps and dances excitedly.  He decides to perform one more act of amusement before leaving: he climbs a (short) tree, then shouts "Look at Chantutu!  Chantutu bird!"  He then jumps off the tree and flies.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:42:48 am by Nunzillor »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2014, 10:24:45 am »

"True, elder, this possibility remains."

Haphan takes a moment to wash his dry throat with water.

"Indeed, there were magnificent beasts, but I, not being a hunter, was much more interested in lesser game and fruit trees. Still, in my travels I saw gray giants with great horns and skin like an old bark. There were antelopes, as big as no horse would ever be. The great hordes of them trampled the grass of the great plains. Lastly, there were bears - giants of their kind - living peacefully in this bountiful land, not needing to hunt for survival..."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2014, 10:35:30 am »

"True, elder, this possibility remains."

Haphan takes a moment to wash his dry throat with water.

"Indeed, there were magnificent beasts, but I, not being a hunter, was much more interested in lesser game and fruit trees. Still, in my travels I saw gray giants with great horns and skin like an old bark. There were antelopes, as big as no horse would ever be. The great hordes of them trampled the grass of the great plains. Lastly, there were bears - giants of their kind - living peacefully in this bountiful land, not needing to hunt for survival..."
"I have seen great beasts falling to our hunters. This story may be wisdom, rather than the foolishness it is first seen as. But the tribe has not survived this long by running off towards the first promise of good land, like some girl to a pretty face! We must have the wisdom to be patient and cautious, as a stalking cat, aware opportunity and danger share a skin! The elders must take time to understand what this move would mean for the tribe, and more than one set of eyes should see this promise else it be a lie!"
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:09 am »

Haphan signed heavily, accepting shaman words and a hidden meaning among them. Tribe is conservative. It takes more than just a few stories to move it. But, still, such slowness annoyed him. If more tribesmen were like him, a mixed group of warriors, hunters and crafters would be already on a move.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2014, 10:50:46 am »

"Halpan, listen. I know you believe that we should move, and, maybe, we should. In your mind, you would move the tribe as soon as the scouts returned with the good news. However, in your mind, do you really see all of our tribespeople as... people? Real people, with real lives, and real families? You are a strong, brave scout, but it is a gigantic burden to hold in your hands the lives of an entire tribe. Every death, every injury, weighs down on you like a boulder. Is it not fair for the elders to want to keep everyone safe?"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:52:49 am by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2014, 10:57:35 am »

Scout grimly nodded, finally giving up hopes of immediate action.

"Yes, elders. Perhaps I understand now. But it still hurts me greatly to thought that such unique opportunity must be mulled about and slowly discussed. Well... Such is the way of things. I'm not the one to go against it."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2014, 11:06:19 am »

Scout grimly nodded, finally giving up hopes of immediate action.

"Yes, elders. Perhaps I understand now. But it still hurts me greatly to thought that such unique opportunity must be mulled about and slowly discussed. Well... Such is the way of things. I'm not the one to go against it."
Arlia looked at the young scout with appreciation.

"You are an eagle. You fly far and revel in the sight of new land. But this is a herd; it cannot travel the path of an eagle so easily. It pains me to cage you; eagles fly free, bound only by the wind. And yet the need of the herd for security surely demands caution which the eagle will balk at. Your reaction is as natural as can be, and we do not begrudge you that."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:08:48 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77