Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116926 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2014, 12:40:25 am »

((Where to go to reach eastern land the fastest and safiest way possible?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2014, 04:20:43 am »

Arlia considered the quick response of the people to her lead. They had seemed receptive to the ideas of the stranger, almost eager to be led by a single individual. Perhaps it was time for the tribe to move in a new direction. Moving locations was tumultuous anyway; it left the tribe feeling unstable. Perhaps a single leader could stabilize. She would have to discuss the idea with the others when they arrived.

Lead the tribe to the new land.

[2] Under your leadership, the tribe moves forth into what seems like, contrary to expectations, more barren area, what look to be badlands, in fact, within the period of the next three weeks, which is slightly worrying - the tribe, in the hopes that food will be plentiful, did not pack very sizable food stores, and they are beginning to run rather low. Haphan, however, insists that better lands are to be found ahead, though you are not sure if the rest of the tribe shares his optimism.

Make sure all my medicine is stocked in the sledge, and follow the tribe.

[3] Your medicine is indeed all stocked in the sledge - however, there is certainly not a lot of it, considering the size of the tribe you must serve with it, and the amount of it has been steadily decreasing over the trip - not quickly, mind you, but it does slightly disturb you that you have indeed moved into a slightly unfriendly territory with unfamiliar flora that you are unsure of in terms of medicinal usefulness. You believe difficult times may be ahead.

I calmly, but quickly shall use all of my meagre strength to run to the group. I shall do it while thinking that even a being so weak as I can do incrediblethings.

[3] You run forth for quite a while, reaching the river, and then crossing it promptly - despite the head start of many hours that the rest of them had, you believe you may be getting closer, though you still have not caught up - unfortunately, you did not take any supplies with you, believing the task of catching up to be a tad easier than it is turning out to be, and you are beginning to be hounded by hunger, thirst and exhaustion.

Search for some buckets near Conrak's hut. Dig up my plant graves and put them in the buckets with watery dirt.

[3] You wake up next morning, and while you do not feel very good after last night's excursion, you are determined to not let it stop you.

[6] The site of Conrak's old hut proves to have a wealth of discarded tools that the man did not see fit to take with him, including some type of very large buckets. These will do nicely, you believe.

[5] You quickly dig up your plant graves and instead put the pieces into the buckets, which you have beforehand filled with earth and water, so that the interplay of the spirits ensues, creating discord. Tuypogina is perplexed at your behavior, but tolerates it due to being a more harmless thing than wandering off in the evening and needing to be found.

Tuktu is just going to keep moving with the tribe and protecting them. We don't need any random animal attacks around here.

[1] You protect the tribe as best as you are able, pacing around the camp at night, looking for any sign of threats - one night, a threat does indeed appear - a group of starved wolves who seem to have smelled you in particular from a distance, and felt that the risk of approaching civilized areas is worth it to find you, who is one of the few people still awake at this hour and moving at a reasonable perimeter to the camp, and possibly make you their dinner.

[3] You are bitten by the ravenous predators several times before a combination of your own attempts at fending them off and Kurgle's expert shooting results in the deaths of three wolves, the other two running off after being shot several times.

Tuktu is just going to keep moving with the tribe and protecting them. We don't need any random animal attacks around here.
Help him with this, using my bow.

[6] You narrowly avert Tuktu getting eaten by wolves, and obtain three wolf carcasses in the process, which are very much a welcome source of food.

try to figure out where my brother went after the grand rebellion. he probably thought it was some sort of invasion by a rival tribe. he also was quite ambitious, probably tried to take over another tribe. He would of moved the tribe to the coast to have himself return to our glorious lifestyle of fishing. he has been gone for a few months though....

[1] It was not a rebellion, you were merely around at the time as well as the son of the previous chief, your brother was an idiot, and you hope that he is dead now, for you never liked him. He attempted to turn your father against your mother based on spurious reasoning, hence the reason for his shameful exile.

take bow and arrow, grab an unoccupied wagon thing, head off to hunt great beasts with Chantututu.

[3] Your attempts at hunting go poorly, unfortunately - the fertile lands promised by Haphan appear to indeed be at least a month away, and the animals here are few in number and small in size - you could venture further to the north or south, but then you run the risk of becoming permanently separated from your tribe, as it tends to be difficult to find people around this particular area.

i assume conrak made us a sled

start packing all our experiments on the sled

[4] You pack all of your one distraction (which you are not sure is a distraction, but Clangbunk seems to insist it is, a set of buckets with dirt in them as far as you can tell) on your sled, and so you believe you may be ready to move, though Clangbunk himself looks a tad under the weather.

Tell further directions to Arlia and Kurgle and move out to scout surrounding lands. They may have changed after I last scouted them a few months back.

[3] You explain to Arlia that the badlands will continue for a while yet - it is no doubt a difficult path you face, but the territory you stand to inhabit is quite worth it, you maintain.

[1] Your scouting efforts do reveal the rather unfortunate fact that the tribe is moving much slower as a whole than you did on your own, judging from what you remember of the path. They may need three whole months to get to the good lands, and this may bode ill for them altogether, for the badlands are indeed subjectively larger for them. Not all of them will survive this trip, this much you know perfectly well, and it is far too late to turn back.

Start using one of my knives to saw down the middle about one quarter of the length and look for any vines or something to use as a rope.

[3] You saw into the stick quite adequately, if not precisely or delicately - the sawed part is a bit longer than expected, as well as slightly crooked.

[4] Vines, however, are plentiful, and you quickly obtain some for your own uses.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2014, 04:26:29 am »

we can not risk taking any longer

set off to catch up with the tribe conrak can rest in the sled ill pull

also im glad we were able to successfully perform the potting
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

blazing glory

« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2014, 04:39:43 am »

Start shaping the black rock into a double headed blade and use the vines and stick and rock to make a Tomahawk.

((Also what's the status of our expedition? I'm having trouble keeping track of it in the long updates.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2014, 04:42:05 am »

SNEAK UP, WAIT UNTIL THEY LOOKING AWAY FROM ME DISTRACTED

THEN JUMP OUT OF HIDING, RUN TOWARDS VUKKO WITH A YELL AND THROW BIG ROCK AT HIM
HOPEFULLY HURT HIM ENOUGH TO DISTRACT HIM

THEN TAKE PROPER GRIP ON CLUB AND WHACK IRK OVER HEAD

BE SURE TO LOUDLY REMIND THEM THAT THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE MESSED WITH PLOK
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2014, 05:08:38 am »

Start shaping the black rock into a double headed blade and use the vines and stick and rock to make a Tomahawk.

((Also what's the status of our expedition? I'm having trouble keeping track of it in the long updates.))

If you're interested in how the expedition in general is going, the best idea is probably to check Samarkand's action results, I believe.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2014, 05:39:14 am »

If you're interested in how the expedition in general is going, the best idea is probably to check Samarkand's action results, I believe.

do you mean this round or in future as well

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2014, 05:41:29 am »

No idea. Depends on whether Arlia keeps running the tribe, pretty much.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2014, 05:44:55 am »

No idea. Depends on whether Arlia keeps running the tribe, pretty much.

ok ill keep that in mind

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:36 am »

The speed is indeed slower than I anticipated. But, perhaps we may visit several oasis that I encountered here back in my younger years?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2014, 05:57:33 am »

Wonder why I was even thinking that.
"shut up you"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2014, 07:37:16 am »

I shall rush towards the tribe, when I get closer, scream for help, as I am dehydrated and tired.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2014, 08:17:08 am »

"Tribe members, do not be alarmed! This wasteland is not our destination, merely a path we take! Is it not good to travel on land with few predators to bother us, few trees to impede our path?"

To the others counted amongst the elders she said, "Brothers and sisters, I need your help keeping the tribe calm and true to this path. If they stop before we reach the land for which we set out I'm afraid they well not survive the year..."

Move tribe to fertile land seen by scouts.

((In original RTDs if another player spent their action helping you it got a +1. It seems to me this next roll is the one that matters in our little saga, so could others help lead the tribe? It'll either result in duplicate actions, in which case maybe the best outcome is the one accepted, or bonuses to the roll.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2014, 08:35:05 am »

Remind the elders that I am NOT their friend OR helper, that the only I accused Kurgle is because of THEIR stupidity in punishing an enemy of the tribe, and that I believe they are STUPID, LAZY, and USELESS, because of Their lack of physical contribution to the tribe,(So I'm not counting the fisherman or the crafter, but the shamen and docter and thinker), and that if they choose to punish their own again or anyone dies during the trek, he'll see to it that THEY recieve punishment

"Shamen, docter, you are both fools. You believe you have the power of judgment over something you are a waste in. You threaten, to punish those who defend you! And all you do, is chant uselessness, which will kill us, and defend those who wish to destroy us! You march us out here, to foreign land we do not know. If anyone dies, I blame YOU for your foolishness. If you punish another, YOU will recieve judgment.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:47:55 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2014, 09:57:58 am »

we can not risk taking any longer

set off to catch up with the tribe conrak can rest in the sled ill pull

also im glad we were able to successfully perform the potting
Onward! To learning!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77