Poll

I play/prefer...

Vanilla DF 40.x
Still playing Masterwork for DF 34.x
Both equally.
Both, mostly the new vanilla.
Both, mostly Masterwork.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Poll - MDF or DF40.x ?  (Read 25469 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Poll - MDF or DF40.x ?
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »

As the title says... which one do you play/prefer?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Poll - MDF or DF40.x ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 01:28:24 am »

Still Masterwork. Mostly giving 40.x a spin to see the new features and such, but it's wildly unstable and I've frankly gotten used to the Masterwork features, so I always return to MDF.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:07 am »

I still prefer Masterwork, but I've fallen in love with a few of the features in the new vanilla. At the moment, I'm exploring the 40.03 and all of the new features and violent, exsanguinatory bugs therin while waiting for Masterwork to a) Finish up with humans and b) get upgraded into 40.x. But let me tell you, I can't wait!
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 02:36:37 am »

hopefully we wont have to choose for long (hint hint ^ ^)

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:06 am »

I can't wait for Masterwork to get updated, DFHack is already 70ish% on the way to updating.  I miss all of the awesome stuff from masterwork (such as the furniture workshop and rockforges), but a return to vanilla is actually welcome for me.  It is so much simpler to play, thus making it easier to teach my wife... but with much less to do lategame.

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 07:15:07 am »

I play neither, because I am waiting for Masterwork 40.x.  :D

fasquardon

jwpartain1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 07:56:53 am »

I tried .40 when it first came out (ascii). MDF just feels so solid, I quickly returned to the fort I had been playing.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 08:18:10 am »

I can't wait for Masterwork to get updated, DFHack is already 70ish% on the way to updating.  I miss all of the awesome stuff from masterwork (such as the furniture workshop and rockforges), but a return to vanilla is actually welcome for me.  It is so much simpler to play, thus making it easier to teach my wife... but with much less to do lategame.

how do you know about dfhack progress?

AxisKiller

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that could happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 12:08:00 pm »

Definitely can't wait until a v40 Masterwork, but playing the current MDF until then.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 01:52:01 pm »

Experimenting with modding v40, though as of yet I've only played Adventure Mode.  Can't wait to start DFHacking the new variables... My guess is that rapid tree growth will indeed be possible, which will be a great start for elves :)
I also wouldn't mind seeing Masterwork expand into adventure mode.  Once it starts working right it looks like it will be loads of fun, and modding will only make it more so.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 02:04:48 pm »

Experimenting with modding v40, though as of yet I've only played Adventure Mode.  Can't wait to start DFHacking the new variables... My guess is that rapid tree growth will indeed be possible, which will be a great start for elves :)
I also wouldn't mind seeing Masterwork expand into adventure mode.  Once it starts working right it looks like it will be loads of fun, and modding will only make it more so.
+1
v40 has me interested in adventure mode again.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 02:06:02 pm »

Deon, who is on vacation, did offer his help with Adv Mode, and I cant think of anyone better suited to the task. :) Maybe we see a new GUI option for Adventure Mode optimization at some point in the future. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 03:22:17 pm »

I'm waiting for the new DF's Mw version, or at least astable one with dfhack and proebus.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 03:29:01 pm »

That will certainly take a while. I hope to finish manual and humans in 2 weeks from now. Then I have 2 weeks to prepare a trip to england/ireland/wales/scotland, which will take ~1 month. And my next DF project is either more Warlocks, or more graphics with TwbT.

Doing DF40.x and dfhack r5 with all that it entails, that is something for... mid-late autumn?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 10:06:46 pm »

I'd love to see an accelerated df 40.xx :)

I just made the switch myself (from mw5.10).  We'll see how long before I get bored.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13