Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen  (Read 2377 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen
« on: July 17, 2014, 11:25:48 am »

So I created a world using advanced parameters, I don't think I changed them THIS radically ._. So I reclaimed world gen ruin and... Well... It goes down only to level 40, but for some reason when a miner's vision got to bottom floor the "horrifying scream" message appears long with twenty demons

How the heck that happened? ._. No clue, but somehow it seems that level 30 has magma holes on floor somehow

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: What. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:31:55 am »

So I created a world using advanced parameters, I don't think I changed them THIS radically ._. So I reclaimed world gen ruin and... Well... It goes down only to level 40, but for some reason when a miner's vision got to bottom floor the "horrifying scream" message appears long with twenty demons

How the heck that happened? ._. No clue, but somehow it seems that level 30 has magma holes on floor somehow

Out of curiosity, what was the fort's description before you embark on it? There is the reason of this fort's demise so that might be on purpose.

Otherwise I could be surprised that the game 'dig' too deep while drawing the fort's corridors.

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:58:24 am »

Is this by any chance related to my suggestion in the other thread wherein I recommended reducing the number of z-levels between cavern layers? If it is then maybe my suggestion of 5 levels between them was low enough to make the weird stuff happen :S

That or you embarked on a site where all the caverns connected together, given that now world-gen forts have tunnels that occasionally breach the first cavern layer it may be that they could see all the way to the fun.
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 01:44:35 pm »

yeah. advanced parameters do scary things. that in particular though, i doubt it. unless you vastly decreased Z-levels or really messed with cavern layers. it's been a long time since i've seriously used advanced params, but i remember that decreasing Z-level total in the world and then messing with cavern layers could cause some really weird stuff, like cavern layers getting smashed together, adamantine spires and the like. once i had HFS on the surface when i embarked. :shudder:

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »

Thats the strange part, only cavern related thing I changed was making minimum open cavern layout being 1 <_<; I dunno if I accidentally changed anything else or if some of my other changes affected this somehow, but yeah, dunno how the heck level 40 had magma layer underneath it.

Also, fortress' demise was just forbidden beast, nothing related to demons

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 02:22:45 pm »

Yeah, it's a bug with reclaiming worldgen ruins. Sometimes they're open to the demon zone.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:54:16 pm »

"Bug." Welcome to Moria, Dwarf Fortress Edition.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 03:58:32 pm »

"Bug." Welcome to Moria, Dwarf Fortress Edition.

Id be more okay with that if they weren't 'unnumbered'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »

Yeah, it's a bug with reclaiming worldgen ruins. Sometimes they're open to the demon zone.

Can we keep it?

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 12:52:33 am »

Can we keep it?
It'll probably be removed then made a proper worldgen feature.
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in