Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 64x and 128x sprites - Resources  (Read 7106 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
64x and 128x sprites - Resources
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:40:23 pm »

I wasnt quite sure where to post this, since the Twbt thread is very active and is mostly about the scripts developement, which means this would get buried quickly. But after I saw Mike Mayday working on some fancy 24 and 32x tiles, I remembered something. About 2 years ago I talked with Shockbolt, who makes sprites for Angband, another rougelike. They look fantastic and I was trying to do a 64x or at least 50x tileset for Dwarf Fortress. Unfortunately the 80-tile minimum stopped that from really happening.

With TwbT this is no longer true, so the sprites can actually be used. Use a 64x tileset, with less tiles on the screen, and a 16x or 10x text in the menu. I havent exactly tested how it turns out, but I at the very least wanted to share the sprites. Shockbolt gave permission to use those for DF, as long as credit is given and as long as its non-commercial. He is a pretty amazing fantasy artist overall, you can find his works here: http://shockbolt.deviantart.com/

Even if these tiles are too large for normal DF, maybe Stonesense can make use of them in some way?

Spoiler:  Character Sprites (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Item Sprites (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monster Sprites (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monster Sprites2 (click to show/hide)

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 64x and 128x sprites - Resources
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:04:37 pm »

Some of those are pretty amazing...

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:44:54 am »

I... I may have drooled a bit.

*ahem* *blush* Thanks for sharing!

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 05:56:43 pm »

Ah, Tales of Maj'Eyal :) I don't even have to look at the tiles, I've killed them all in person thousands of times ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:39:32 am »

I will close this, because I made a new thread with a collection of items, creatures and building sprites. This one here is therefore redundant.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141608.0
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::